By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Brighton &Hove Albion (H) PL Sun 1st November 2020 19:15

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
It seems Mourinho is teaching them to grind out the easier matches but go for the throat against the elite. Seems a bit ass backwards but what do I know. 3 points and we have a ton of room for improvement. Hopefully it comes.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
On the bright side, It's another 3 pts however it was achieved.
Furthermore, as others have said, we're now 2nd & we haven't even gotten out of 2nd gear,

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I know we all want performance, but how many times under Poch did we batter the opponents goal and come away with nothing? We have had the 6-1 against United and the 5-2 against Southampton. We have also had the 1+0 against Burnley and tonight’s result.

its been a mixed bag of amazing performances I.e. first half against West Ham and bad performances I.e. second half against West Ham. But apart from that half and the Everton game. The performances in the premier league have been good, it’s picked up good results and if it wasn’t for a dodgy VAR decision we would be top.

cake and eat it comes to mind and we all want that perfect combination but sometimes a hard fought 2-1 is better and you could tell that from the lads happiness after the game.

personally I am happy with the manager, the players and how the season has started. 2 defeats in all games is massive and bodes well.

after West Brom we have 3 huge matches. So if we are still where we are (or better) in 4/5 weeks then we should not have much to moan about.

COYS

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
6/10 performance but we got the win. Good impact from Bale and we go second
That's generous, I would struggle to give them more than 4/10, OK, I'll be nice and say 5. Not good enough, nowhere near. I agree that Bale is useful as a bogeyman to frighten the opposition, that won't be enough against better quality teams.

While being in 2nd position is nice, it means fuck all at this stage of the season when two shit results could see us down in 14th. Relying on luck, strange refereeing decisions - 90% of refs ain't giving us that penalty, lumping up long balls and cowering in the corner with nearly 10 minutes left to play is not going to put shineys in the trophy cabinet.

November and December will be tough, 14 games, hopefully we'll improve and still be in the top four, we'll see performances like we saw at United not the mediocre, less than average efforts of the last two games.