By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bucket list...

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
So by popular demand, well not really but @skiathospurs came up with the idea and I'm gonna run with it!! Not really sure how this will go down as I'm not sure whether you guys are followers of other sports but just for shits and kicks I'll just put it out there.

So what other sports other than footy is everyone into and what sporting events have you attended and more importantly what is your ultimate sporting fantasy?

I'm a self confessed sports nut and have been lucky enough to have attended a number of global sporting events, been to countless Wimbledons, worked the whole fortnight at the Oz open in Melbourne, been to Lords and the Oval for many tests, Odis and county games, also the SCG, MCG and Adelaide Oval as well as all 5 days at the St Johns Oval in Antigua for the Windies/Oz Test in '99 (amazing @skiathospurs, wouldn't be the same these days mate as cricket hasn't anywhere near the popularity as it still had back then). Been to 3 Open golf championships, working at all of them. Twickenham for a few England games and the Olympic stadium in London 2012.

I think in terms of my ultimate bucket list, it would have to be going to Augusta for the Masters, a Lions match (anywhere) and Miami to see the Dolphins.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Love a big event,gig,festival,sporting venue/competition.
Did wimbledon twice as a kid both qtr finals days in the 70s,saw borg,connors,mcenroe,nastasie,billie jean chrissy evert,standing on the centre court back then.Guess it gave me a taste for life,F1 at brands (ony 2 miles from my house) and silverstone,done a 1 day game at lords even though I am not a huge cricket fan,been to twickenham,old wembley for england from the 80s onwards,actually my 1st game was a school trip to wembley for england scotland schoolboys,just as mental as the adults,kids chasing each other all around the stadium.Done 5 olympic stadiums,but never an olympics!
Would like to do an overseas test match,for the crack especially west indies or grand prix at Spa,or (nate will kill me!) a bengals match at the jungle.if it was golf,would have to be ryder cup singles day.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Love a big event,gig,festival,sporting venue/competition.
Did wimbledon twice as a kid both qtr finals days in the 70s,saw borg,connors,mcenroe,nastasie,billie jean chrissy evert,standing on the centre court back then.Guess it gave me a taste for life,F1 at brands (ony 2 miles from my house) and silverstone,done a 1 day game at lords even though I am not a huge cricket fan,been to twickenham,old wembley for england from the 80s onwards,actually my 1st game was a school trip to wembley for england scotland schoolboys,just as mental as the adults,kids chasing each other all around the stadium.Done 5 olympic stadiums,but never an olympics!
Would like to do an overseas test match,for the crack especially west indies or grand prix at Spa,or (nate will kill me!) a bengals match at the jungle.if it was golf,would have to be ryder cup singles day.

I'm always a bit ambivalent about f1, it would be amazing to go to one but then again I always think you get far better coverage watching it on tv, but I suppose you can say that about many sports.

I can't believe I forgot the Ryder Cup mate, totally with you on that, in fact a few of us are giving serious thought to going to the 2018 one in Paris, a good mate of mine works on the European Tour, so gonna see if he can work some magic!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I'm right into this thread....sporting and boys weekend away type event nuts. Give me a minute.....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Ok so I've been lucky to do loads of good stuff including FA Cup finals, UEFA, Champions League games with Spurs. Rugby World Cup final in 2003 in Oz,Wimbledon final and generally, F1 and Moto GP....cricket at Lords and other stuff such as the World Cup football, France and Germany.

So things I haven't done and will do at some stage somehow....

Olympic Games, big miss when it was in London. Americas Cup, loved the recent series in Bermuda. Travel in South America and South East Asia. A Lions winning test series, a Joshua fight ringside seat would be nice. Maybe a party on a yacht at the Monaco Grand Prix, but most of those people are wankers,

....and see Tottenham win the league, much more than see England win the World Cup.

I don't want much.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm always a bit ambivalent about f1, it would be amazing to go to one but then again I always think you get far better coverage watching it on tv, but I suppose you can say that about many sports.

I can't believe I forgot the Ryder Cup mate, totally with you on that, in fact a few of us are giving serious thought to going to the 2018 one in Paris, a good mate of mine works on the European Tour, so gonna see if he can work some magic!
Yeah F1 is a strange event because even when I went 80s/90s the TV coverage was superior,you pick an area of track where you can see the cars for ,well probably 10 secs (its why even 30 years ago grandstand tickets were well over 100 quid).Honestly it is really difficult to keep up with events,they have a running commentary of sorts and nowadays large screens,but really its more the being there than what you can see happen.I was there one year the Mansell&Senna battle,senna led all race mansell a few seconds behind,so you see them snaking through the bends,stand up,cheer on nigel sit down for another minute,rinse and repeat about 40 times!!then just a lap or 2 from the end round they come,except no Senna,just mansell leading,crowd go nuts but no clue what happened to Senna,turned out he ran out of fuel,you dont really care but it is more the experience than what you actually see IMO.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Ok so I've been lucky to do loads of good stuff including FA Cup finals, UEFA, Champions League games with Spurs. Rugby World Cup final in 2003 in Oz,Wimbledon final and generally, F1 and Moto GP....cricket at Lords and other stuff such as the World Cup football, France and Germany.

So things I haven't done and will do at some stage somehow....

Olympic Games, big miss when it was in London. Americas Cup, loved the recent series in Bermuda. Travel in South America and South East Asia. A Lions winning test series, a Joshua fight ringside seat would be nice. Maybe a party on a yacht at the Monaco Grand Prix, but most of those people are wankers,

....and see Tottenham win the league, much more than see England win the World Cup.

I don't want much.

You went to the RWC Final, you lucky fucker mate! That was one of the best mornings I've ever had, down the boozer at 7 in the morning, got absolutely trashed by lunch time and then cracked on with champagne and maybe a little substance abuse for lunch, I was comatosed by mid afternoon and failed to see the rest of the day out!!

Joshua fight would be sweet, especially in Vegas, coupled with a lads holiday! Monaco as cool as it sounds, I just don't think it's my scene at all, as you said mate, think it would be full of pretentious wankers but it would be a bucket list trip I guess.

Football wise, I'd far prefer to go see a Spurs game in Europe at one of the big stadiums than any England game abroad. Watching England play bores the living shit out of me!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Yeah F1 is a strange event because even when I went 80s/90s the TV coverage was superior,you pick an area of track where you can see the cars for ,well probably 10 secs (its why even 30 years ago grandstand tickets were well over 100 quid).Honestly it is really difficult to keep up with events,they have a running commentary of sorts and nowadays large screens,but really its more the being there than what you can see happen.I was there one year the Mansell&Senna battle,senna led all race mansell a few seconds behind,so you see them snaking through the bends,stand up,cheer on nigel sit down for another minute,rinse and repeat about 40 times!!then just a lap or 2 from the end round they come,except no Senna,just mansell leading,crowd go nuts but no clue what happened to Senna,turned out he ran out of fuel,you dont really care but it is more the experience than what you actually see IMO.

Yeah bang on mate, it's so expensive to go and sit in a stand and see cars coming around an area of a track where something might not happen the whole race.

However as you say mate, the whole reason you go to a sports events is to feel that kind of visceral experience of that particular sport and being live at an event watching the best going about their business is second to none.

There's just something more credible about someone having gone to a incredible sporting event or witnessing a special moment than having watched it on tv. If you chat to two ppl who saw an incredible match or moment, one that witnessed the event on tv and one that had seen it live, you'd be more interested in hearing the person's account of it that had seen it live. It's just the sense of drama and theatre and the atmosphere that gets generated by being at a sporting event.

Yesterday is a case in point, watching the Lions winning that test in Wellington was amazing but actually being there celebrating with your mates and the rest of the incredible Lions fans, would just put it on another level.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Super Bowl, Wrestlemania and a big UFC event in Vegas is on my list.

This year, I finally saw an ice hockey game at Madison Square Garden this year, that was amazing.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah bang on mate, it's so expensive to go and sit in a stand and see cars coming around an area of a track where something might not happen the whole race.

However as you say mate, the whole reason you go to a sports events is to feel that kind of visceral experience of that particular sport and being live at an event watching the best going about their business is second to none.

There's just something more credible about someone having gone to a incredible sporting event or witnessing a special moment than having watched it on tv. If you chat to two ppl who saw an incredible match or moment, one that witnessed the event on tv and one that had seen it live, you'd be more interested in hearing the person's account of it that had seen it live. It's just the sense of drama and theatre and the atmosphere that gets generated by being at a sporting event.

Yesterday is a case in point, watching the Lions winning that test in Wellington was amazing but actually being there celebrating with your mates and the rest of the incredible Lions fans, would just put it on another level.
Its the same just going to watch spurs play,you watch on sky it seems like hugo can boot the ball untold distance (out of play) but when you are there its so much just like a pitch on any park.Watching on tv it all seems super human,when you are there its just real,such a different perspective of sport.Mostly though it is being there with the crowd in the moment,its why being there watching defeat is so much more acceptable than when you watch coverage,I guess watching on tv,you are merely watching for the win,than the event itself.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Monaco... but I don't think you can do it on a budget.

Would like to run in another world majors Marathon.

Would like to watch a CL final... preferably with Spurs playing in it.

Wernt lucky enough to see a NLD at the lane but will do what I can to see one at NWHL.

Not sporting but Tomitina fastival has gotta happen before vegans get their way and it is banned.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
So let's see...

Speedway GP at Cardiff a few times, fantastic noise those bikes make and the track is always dodgy which makes for some great racing at times.
Spa GP - First GP a few years ago and absolutely loved it, haven't had a chance to get to another yet but I hear Imola may be back on the cards and if it is then I am there. Otherwise Monaco (of course) and quite fancy the American/Texas GP for some reason I can't fathom!
Been to Twickenham for a BarBars game and that was ok.
Oval 2005 Ashes Test Match (sunday),we passed on Monday tickets for £60 each as we thought it wouldn't go 5 days - what a mistake to make eh! Plus countless 20/20 games at the Oval with the kids which is always a good laugh.

Edit: OO OO - I totally forgot - 2012 Olympics Beach Volleyball (what a night that was) AND Velodrome, bearing in mind I didn't even enter the ballot I was quite pleased with that!

I wouldn't mind going to see a baseball game, somewhere like Boston (Wrigley field I think).

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I've done baseball, Yankees stadium vs. Boston. Supppsed to be fierce rivalry.....they had LED signs trying to generate crowd noise with 'clap' scrolling signs.

It's poor on every level.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Done my list! I have been to the ultimate sporting occasion, in fact I used to go twice a week until the unfortunate incident with the bookmaker and his minders, real shame about his car, terrible really.

Of course I am talking about Catford Dogs. You'll never sing that, you'll never sing that ..... unless of course you are an old fuck who used to go to the dogs in Catford like wot I did.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Done my list! I have been to the ultimate sporting occasion, in fact I used to go twice a week until the unfortunate incident with the bookmaker and his minders, real shame about his car, terrible really.

Of course I am talking about Catford Dogs. You'll never sing that, you'll never sing that ..... unless of course you are an old fuck who used to go to the dogs in Catford like wot I did.
YES....I've been to Catford Dogs, only once.......in 1980 something probably 7 or 8 - it was an experience.

There was a smashed up car there as well.......

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
YES....I've been to Catford Dogs, only once.......in 1980 something probably 7 or 8 - it was an experience.

There was a smashed up car there as well.......
Weren't me guv! If it was an E-type that was a bit singed, burnt to fuck actually then that's another story, and that weren't me either.