By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Burnley (A) PL 26th Oct 2020 20.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Everyone rested except the 3 from the last league game who played thursday,most did ok in europa league when given their chance,so strongest possible line up,no excuses,no fuck ups,this is the chance to get back on track.

I reckon Jose will play Son,Kane and the newely named "sid" upfront",partially because he and kane will give us extra oompfh defending set pieces,which has been our nemysis nemehsis,kneemesis,.......downfall this season so far.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We can still play a very strong team here, which is great.

Kane, Son, Bergwin, Sissoko, N'Dombole, Alli, Doherty, Reguillon, Toby, Davies, Lloris. I know this probably won't happen, but it's what I'd like to see. 3 points a must here.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Who the fuck knows how Maureen’s mind works.....I’m not sure we’ll see Sid, bet he’s a bit knackered and plays the old fashioned No. 9 role. Moura had a good game on Thursday and I didn’t rate Bergwijn against West Ham. We just need a solid defence because I reckon the front 5 will find a goal or two from somewhere.

Burnley away is hard, like Stoke away used to be hard, so keep a clean sheet and we’ll win 2-0, assuming that Mike Dean isn’t refereeing that is.

Time for 3 points and staying at the top of the league.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
If we don’t win this game I an going to kill every cunt in this forum.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
BurnleySpurs.jpg

Who knows what will happen, this season is developing into a very odd kettle of fish. We should win this by 5 or 6.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
View attachment 1349
Who knows what will happen, this season is developing into a very odd kettle of fish. We should win this by 5 or 6.
Burnley have had a shed load of injuries so far this season - hence their form and league position. Guess what, they’re all fit again just in time for our game.....(getting the excuses in early) I think the annoyance and anger after West Ham should see us through this one still going 2-0 although we always seem to let one in don’t we

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
£39.... are they taking the piss.......... yet again...!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
£39.... are they taking the piss.......... yet again...!!!
Its such an obvious "get around",go to to the ground and watch on a tv cos if you look at the pitch you`ll get fined.And yeah £39.....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's so small minded it's unbelieveable. For the amount these people fork out in the first place they should invite them and shower them with hospitality as a 'thank you' for their ongoing support. £7800.00 just creates bad feeling all round, mindless PR from the club again.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Burnley defender Phil Bardsley is self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.
Ben Mee is back in training but not yet ready to feature, Erik Pieters is a doubt with a calf problem and Bailey Peacock-Farrell and Jack Cork are out.

Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho will restore his first-team regulars after resting them for the Europa League.
Eric Dier faces a fitness test on the hamstring injury that has caused him to miss their last two matches.

So I guess Tanaganga is fit again?I think its down to center backs,do we play 2 or 3 cos they are going to lump it in to the box.
So I say the team is Hugo,aurier,toby,dier,davies,reggie,hojbjerg,ndombele,kane,son,and controversially Sid upfront.That gives us added height from set pieces which aurier will give away,and someone to fight for the hoofs and give it to sonny who will score.

Fucking easy this management lark.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Whatever we do, we need to play Hojberb, N'Dombole and Lo Celso together. Burnely will not be able to handle that in the middle of the park. If we set up correctly it won't matter who's at the back, because they'll never have the freakin ball. I am hoping to see a sound 0-3 thrashing, but I can live with an effective 1-2 squeaker.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Burnley defender Phil Bardsley is self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.
Ben Mee is back in training but not yet ready to feature, Erik Pieters is a doubt with a calf problem and Bailey Peacock-Farrell and Jack Cork are out.

Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho will restore his first-team regulars after resting them for the Europa League.
Eric Dier faces a fitness test on the hamstring injury that has caused him to miss their last two matches.

So I guess Tanaganga is fit again?I think its down to center backs,do we play 2 or 3 cos they are going to lump it in to the box.
So I say the team is Hugo,aurier,toby,dier,davies,reggie,hojbjerg,ndombele,kane,son,and controversially Sid upfront.That gives us added height from set pieces which aurier will give away,and someone to fight for the hoofs and give it to sonny who will score.

Fucking easy this management lark.
Please don't play Aurier when we have Doherty who's better on every level especially against a spoiling side like Burnley and there's no point in Davies as a CB if we have two others coz there's no height advantage? I'd like but probably won't get:
Hugo
Doherty, Toby, Dier, Reggie (I prefer Sergio tbh)
Hojbjerg, Not Dembele
Moura, Lo Celso, Son
Kane

I actually quite like trying to guess from our squad now, will Lamela play if his nail varnish has dried in time, Lo Celso or Dele or Sissoko, Davies against Burnley rather than Sergio who might need a breather, to Sid or not to Sid I wonder in the same team as Kane...........I say no. will be too congested in there and we need width. to pull their 7 men at the back apart. Beware Barnes and bring on Dele and Bale with 20 minutes to go when they're tiring. First game back for many of their injured troops.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Whatever we do, we need to play Hojberb, N'Dombole and Lo Celso together. Burnely will not be able to handle that in the middle of the park. If we set up correctly it won't matter who's at the back, because they'll never have the freakin ball. I am hoping to see a sound 0-3 thrashing, but I can live with an effective 1-2 squeaker.
Yeah, just win, actually don't care who plays, how or by how many, just win.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I drank out of my Spurs mug today, gentlemen. So, we wont win. I apologize in advance.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Please don't play Aurier when we have Doherty who's better on every level especially against a spoiling side like Burnley and there's no point in Davies as a CB if we have two others coz there's no height advantage? I'd like but probably won't get:
Hugo
Doherty, Toby, Dier, Reggie (I prefer Sergio tbh)
Hojbjerg, Not Dembele
Moura, Lo Celso, Son
Kane

I actually quite like trying to guess from our squad now, will Lamela play if his nail varnish has dried in time, Lo Celso or Dele or Sissoko, Davies against Burnley rather than Sergio who might need a breather, to Sid or not to Sid I wonder in the same team as Kane...........I say no. will be too congested in there and we need width. to pull their 7 men at the back apart. Beware Barnes and bring on Dele and Bale with 20 minutes to go when they're tiring. First game back for many of their injured troops.
I said davies so "sergio" can bomb on more with cover,dont question my tactical genius,and I picked Aurier becuase..

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I said davies so "sergio" can bomb on more with cover,dont question my tactical genius,and I picked Aurier becuase..

Ha ha, well 'living dangerously' is the very definition of the nut job, so your recklessness has so far cost us third in the league, I guess you'll just have to live with that......

(I know that this has registered and you'll wait until Aurier wins us a game with some spectacular goal for 51 yards out, before mentioning it again. Let's hope it's tonight if he plays eh?)

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
3 points is the only result acceptable tonight. Burnley are not playing well and missing several players. Anything less would be a disaster....cant see us slipping up here though.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Seen more ethnicity in a aryan brotherhood prison gang than this burnley team.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Neanderthal football and manager, but to be fair that’s all they can do with their resources and they’re good at it. 8 men behind the ball and spoiling tactics throughout. Our job to win this in the last 20 mins we will. Win ugly

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
They've done a job on us and out working us...

Need a drop of magic to open the 7 man defence...
...will Lamela play if his nail varnish has dried in time...
Brilliant...