By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Burnley (H) PL 15:30 (Spanglish time)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bale to start? Has to be dunnit? I am looking forward to 90 minutes of fast paced attacking football with no fuckling around passing back to Dier and Lloris, in fact I will drop both of them for this game, put Harry in goal so he can play out from his goal line and score 3 or 4, no defenders needed today. 5-0 to Spurs!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursBurnley.jpg

1 LLoris
24 Aurier
6 D Sánchez
4 Alderweireld
3 Reguilón
28 Ndombele
5 Højbjerg
9 Bale
27 Lucas Moura
7 Son Heung-Min
10 Kane

Substitutes

2 Doherty
8 Winks
11 Lamela
12 Hart
15 Dier
17 Sissoko
20 Alli
33 Davies
45 Alves Morais

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Brilliant first 30, then if i’m being ultra critical we’ve totally taken our foot off the gas, just wandering around. I wanna see us score 6 or 7 in a game like this.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Good to see us dominate from the off.

Good to see Bale scoring

Dele did nothing in his cameo to say he should start.

It was Burnley. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. (I dont see anyone here, but all over the internets people are popping huge boners over today)

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Good to see us dominate from the off.
Good to see Bale scoring
Dele did nothing in his cameo to say he should start.
It was Burnley. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. (I dont see anyone here, but all over the internets people are popping huge boners over today)
Yup Burnley were very average. I just wish we hadn’t taken our foot off the gas for the last hour, there was maybe a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half where we played with a bit of urgency, otherwise it was a lot of passing sideways and back. I understand we have a lot of games and conserving energy is key but it wouldn’t have taken much out of us to look forward a bit more with a bit more movement. We could’ve destroyed them today and that positive mentality we could really take forward with us.

Anyway decent enough performance and yeah Dele didn’t really do much lots of passing sideways and back, although there wasn’t a lot of movement ahead of him.

Good performance, can never be disappointed with a 4-0 win but would’ve really liked us to have continue to push after the third went in.

Bale was indeed fantastic.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn't watch but from the accounts I have read the opposition were poor... how many would Citeh have scored was a question I saw asked.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Like others have said, great first 30 mins against a team that beat Liverpool at Anfield. Burnley are always stubborn defensively. Today we ripped them apart. Not bad. Hope it continues.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I have said bad things about Gareth Bale.

That was wrong of me and I apologise.

The man remains a magnificent footballer.
There was a moment where he took a knock, end of the first half and was grimacing and limping all over the place and I thought here we go, BUT NO! He shrugged it off, got on with it and stayed on. The worm has turned!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
There was a moment where he took a knock, end of the first half and was grimacing and limping all over the place and I thought here we go, BUT NO! He shrugged it off, got on with it and stayed on. The worm has turned!
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
May I point out that Sanchez was terrific today?

Against a woeful Burnley, yes, but maybe there's a solid CB in there after all.

Was worried Toby would get pushed around today. He wasn't. Couldn't be described as terrific, but deffo better than decent (or recent). Only had to do things he's capable of, because Sanchez did all the stuff he isn't.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I have said bad things about Gareth Bale.

That was wrong of me and I apologise.

The man remains a magnificent footballer.
I echo that.

I thought he was finished, but I did think he needed game time and now that he's getting it, we can see at last, the difference between a good player and a great player.
Good point made about Sanchez too. He was faultless today, so fair play to him. However, I'd still be looking to bring in a new keeper, right back and at least one top centre half in the summer. Major weaknesses in those areas imo that have to be sorted out.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
However, I'd still be looking to bring in a new keeper, right back and at least one top centre half in the summer.
Even if Sanchez, Tanganga and Rodon turn out to be everything we're hoping for, we still need another CB.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I’m glad Sanchez is getting some praise for today - we including me so often turn on him. In his position, a loss of confidence translates into catastrophic errors, and with a coach like ours the pressure is just heaped on him. He may never live up to his fee, but that’s not his fault. Hopefully he can build on today’s performance.

Hojbjerg by contrast was poor today. He looks like he could do with a day off.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Couldn't watch 'live' yesterday, but having seen the game later was very impressed. Burnley have been good, very good recently in a Burnley sort of way, including beating Liverpool, so a 4-0 win complete with a couple of world class saves from Pope was a great result. They did gift us a couple of soft goals, but those chances still need finishing and Bale given a bit of space and freedom to shoot, seems to be playing with a swagger to go with his skills.

The thing I enjoyed most was 'going for it' and still going for it early in the second half. Maybe Mourinho has learnt, maybe he hasn't, but for us lot, it's good to know that the free flowing, attacking, flair is still there. Well played everyone. Who knows what will happen for the rest of the season, but if we keep playing and are allowed to, we could be ripping a few other teams apart. Let's hope so eh?

ps Sergio Reguilon..... Keep him at whatever cost please.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think my expectations and demands were way too high, I loved the game until we were 4 in front then we took our foot off their throats - which makes total sense. Why bother knackering yourself, risking injuries or cards when the game is won? El Balé was and luckily I haven't been quite as critical of him as some of you rascals, who would have known that if you give a player of his quality actual match time he would improve? We have three truly world class players now and should be able to win the EL and the other one even with our inconsistent defence - so that will be nice. Dele is getting on my thrupnies, I know he is a much better player than the one we are seeing at the moment - or have his other, non-footballing interests fucked his bonce up? I hope we see the old Dele again soon because then we will have at least 4 world class players, hope is not lost, yet.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
The play in which Bale burst down the right wing in our half, played the ball past the Burnley midfielder and blasted past him to continue his run was simply breathtaking. The burst of speed was from another planet. If he plays like that going forward there shouldn't be many sides that would have a chance against us. But I am sure Mourinho will screw it up.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The play in which Bale burst down the right wing in our half, played the ball past the Burnley midfielder and blasted past him to continue his run was simply breathtaking. The burst of speed was from another planet. If he plays like that going forward there shouldn't be many sides that would have a chance against us. But I am sure Mourinho will screw it up.
Do you remember when he did that against Inter Milan, taxi for Maicon game etc. Wonderful stuff.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Do you remember when he did that against Inter Milan, taxi for Maicon game etc. Wonderful stuff.

I most certainly do. It was very reminiscent of that moment, even if the stage wasn't quite the same.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Burnley are often proper fucked when they concede the first goal. Bale was himself again, long may it continue. Also, there is no reason why Toby shouldn't be in the XI for every PL game.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'd like to know in a suitable game - like Burnley at home - what progress Rodon is making? If we all agree that sanchez and Dier have limitations and Toby is getting on a bit, It would be good to know what we've bought eh? he played against Chelsea away and after a shaky first 5 mins I thought looked good. Then he had a game where we lost against someone Brighton away maybe and I haven't seen him since.