By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Cardiff City A (PL) 17:30 Tue 1st January 2019

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
CardiffSpurs.jpg

Anything could happen after Saturday, who knows? We could win 8-0 or get mulched to fucking pieces. With Tranmere Rovers on Friday and more importantly the chavs next Tuesday, who knows how the Poch will play this one.? I'd be chuffed with a 1-0 win.

Cardiff City v Tottenham Hotspur
50 Meetings

Cardiff City have played Tottenham Hotspur 50 times in all competitions, they have won 11 lost 27 and drawn 12 matches.

First Match

Their first match was in the League Division One on Saturday, 27 August 1921. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Cardiff City 0 Tottenham Hotspur 1 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 6 October 2018, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 1 Cardiff City 0.

Highest Goals in Game - 5 - 8 fecking times!

League Division One, Saturday, 3 September 1921, Tottenham Hotspur 4 Cardiff City 1
League Division One, Saturday, 2 September 1922, Cardiff City 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3
FA Cup, Saturday, 24 February 1923, Cardiff City 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3
League Division One, Saturday, 13 November 1926, Tottenham Hotspur 4 Cardiff City 1
League Division One, Saturday, 13 October 1956, Tottenham Hotspur 5 Cardiff City 0
League Division One, Wednesday, 2 November 1960, Tottenham Hotspur 3 Cardiff City 2
League Division One, Saturday, 11 March 1961, Cardiff City 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2
League Division One, Saturday, 2 September 1961, Tottenham Hotspur 3 Cardiff City 2

Last edited:
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Think from memory over the last few years, we have a pretty decent record of getting back to winning ways when we’ve lost a game, so i’m expecting us to get a positive result.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
As things stand we just need to get by their keeper. I'm not even sure of their last 2 results but I know the keeper Etheridge was magic.

Think we'll get a very positive result here though. No way we are going to be as lethargic as against wolves. 4-0 Spurs

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So off to Wales tomorrow and I’ve been informed we No longer have to pay to get into that gawd forsaken country , so that’s a Bruce bonus .
Let’s hope this 2 days rest , will give em the get up and go to get the 3 points .

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Blimey another game squeezed in before Tranmere on Friday......our boys were dead on their feet in that awful second half against a good Wolves side. Poch said that they’re not machines, he’s right, despite what some cave dwellers might think. So let’s bounce back and get the 3 points to maintain the gap over Chelsea and the Scum. Won’t be easy as ever, especially as Cardiff are on an unbeaten run at the moment.....they won 1-0 last time out.

2-0 to Spurs Son and Kane maybe 3-0 if Dele is back on it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Crisis club spurs back up to 2nd

3441933e-3bea-4a15-ae88-b8490362de4f.png
If Liverpool beat City we’ll be staying there as well. GD is now significantly better as well. Imagine if we’d beaten Watford and Wolves....fuck a doodle but never mind. Remember the 90’s.....!!!!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Scousers haven’t had a wobble yet. City and us have....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Scousers haven’t had a wobble yet. City and us have....
That’s true, but do you remember us all saying the same thing about Leicester? They never had a wobble.....City need to beat them on Thursday, or we might all be battling for second, third and fourth. The other scenario is an injury or a few weeks without Salah and/or Van Dijk. They’re essentially a two man team.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Never watched a more boring game....

It was dull. Nice to be able to romp home while barely breaking a sweat.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Strange game that was. Cardiff were 3 down and never attacked.

Needed one like that though, wouldn't be to many lads tired out from that affair. Poch should have used the bench earlier though in my opinion but he knows his plan better than me.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Strange game that was. Cardiff were 3 down and never attacked.

Needed one like that though, wouldn't be to many lads tired out from that affair. Poch should have used the bench earlier though in my opinion but he knows his plan better than me.
I was thinking this.... but then I was also thinking the edge from playing high quality opposition where the mistakes are punished may be lacking at the minute.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I was thinking this.... but then I was also thinking the edge from playing high quality opposition where the mistakes are punished may be lacking at the minute.

Yeah you could be right. I guess most of that bench will play Friday as well.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Just got home from the game. Wasn't much of a match as Cardiff offered nothing but I'll take that.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
That was absolutely perfect. Nobody injured, came back from a disappointment with the easiest of wins. I suspect Poch would've substituted one or two a bit earlier if he wasn't planning on using Llorente et al against Tranmere. It is really unbelievable how stretched the squad is right now.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
The thing with the mad Xmas schedule was not only did we have 4 games in 10 days , leading up to it , we had the tense QF in the Caraboo game v Arse , whilst LFC were already out , and City had a nice easy tie ( as they have in the next round v Burton and in the fa cup and CL) and LFC had a home tie in the CL we had a tense away game against Barca .
So on Friday , Tranmere it is and then they can rest, from then till Tuesday with a little game against Chelsea .
I’d have loved to have done Tranmere , but a Fri evening in Merseyside and the need to get my car serviced outweighs an8 hour round trip, and a good £100+ food ., so onnSunday I’m off to my local clubs game Woking v Watford , come on you Cardinals

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
The Cardiff manager is a fucking oxygen thief. An absolute cunt.
He is already talking about avoiding relegation through nefarious means...

"Neil Warnock has called on the Premier League to force Tottenham Hotspur to play their remaining matches of the season at Wembley, claiming the club's delayed stadium move could present an unfair advantage to Cardiff City's relegation rivals.
Cardiff have now been defeated by Spurs home and away and Warnock believes the league must now intervene to ensure no clubs get a chance this season to play Spurs while they are adjusting to their new surroundings.
Tottenham have confirmed their the Premier League game against Manchester United on January 13 will be played at Wembley, but the club is still hopeful of moving in to their new stadium within weeks despite months of setbacks.
Speaking after his side's 3-0 defeat at the Cardiff City Stadium, Warnock said the league should intervene over Spurs' "cock-ups" with the timing of the new stadium.
"The league should enforce they play at Wembley now for the rest of the season," he said. "I don't think there should be any chance of an advantage to any of our opponents. It's not our fault. We should have been playing at the new stadium ourselves. I think they (the league) should step in now. It should be until the end of the season now.... I think they should enforce it."

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
That was absolutely perfect. Nobody injured, came back from a disappointment with the easiest of wins. I suspect Poch would've substituted one or two a bit earlier if he wasn't planning on using Llorente et al against Tranmere. It is really unbelievable how stretched the squad is right now.
Absolutely correct, but we didn't even break a sweat, it was more like a training game, we had well over 70% possession which means not running after the ball at all, they weren't even breathing hard after the game, just a stroll in the park today.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
He is already talking about avoiding relegation through nefarious means...

"Neil Warnock has called on the Premier League to force Tottenham Hotspur to play their remaining matches of the season at Wembley, claiming the club's delayed stadium move could present an unfair advantage to Cardiff City's relegation rivals.
Cardiff have now been defeated by Spurs home and away and Warnock believes the league must now intervene to ensure no clubs get a chance this season to play Spurs while they are adjusting to their new surroundings.
Tottenham have confirmed their the Premier League game against Manchester United on January 13 will be played at Wembley, but the club is still hopeful of moving in to their new stadium within weeks despite months of setbacks.
Speaking after his side's 3-0 defeat at the Cardiff City Stadium, Warnock said the league should intervene over Spurs' "cock-ups" with the timing of the new stadium.
"The league should enforce they play at Wembley now for the rest of the season," he said. "I don't think there should be any chance of an advantage to any of our opponents. It's not our fault. We should have been playing at the new stadium ourselves. I think they (the league) should step in now. It should be until the end of the season now.... I think they should enforce it."

He totally misses the point that if he had been playing in the new stadium then he would most likely have lost by 10!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Neil Warnock is a fucking idiot. Us staying at Wembley is to his direct DISADVANTAGE. Box of rock.s.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
He's just a bit mental, if he thinks Tottenham should be 'forced' to play the remaining home games at Wembley, then I say Cardiff should be forced to play in the fucking Welsh leagues, not the English Premier League.
Probably Warnock's level, to be fair

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Neil Warnock is a fucking idiot. Us staying at Wembley is to his direct DISADVANTAGE. Box of rock.s.
maybe if he paid more attention to his own club??

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46729011
Cardiff City are to investigate a bullying claim against under-18s coach and former Wales striker Craig Bellamy.

The investigation will take place after reports of a complaint about Bellamy's alleged treatment of a young player, who has since left the club.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
maybe if he paid more attention to his own club??

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46729011
Cardiff City are to investigate a bullying claim against under-18s coach and former Wales striker Craig Bellamy.

The investigation will take place after reports of a complaint about Bellamy's alleged treatment of a young player, who has since left the club.
He's a wanker ain't he Bellamy I mean not Warnock, oh no, they're actually a pair of wankers.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He's a wanker ain't he Bellamy I mean not Warnock, oh no, they're actually a pair of wankers.
hasnt he been done for assault?wife beatery stuff?