By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions League 2018/19

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
....................................................................................
DIAfQdLXcAI82uj.jpg
...................................................................................................................................................

The final will be at Athletico Madrid`s Wanda Metropolitano stadium 67,703 capacity.1st June.
The draw for the groups (which begin sept 18/19) takes place august 30th.All the dates, and teams qualified can be found here;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Champions_League

I will stick my neck and say that this year we will be in Pot 2,there by avoiding the possible group of death with Bayern (pot 1) and Real (pot 2 if they dont win it),currently we are 19th on UEFA`s coefficient standing,however teams above us like Arsenal,Chelsea havent qualified,also Zenit and Sevilla,with Basel,Benfica also above us having to go through qualifying.It appears that what could swing our being in pot 2 or 3 could be Liverpool not winning it as they would be seeded in pot 1 as holders instead of pot 3.However its a legal nightmare trying to understand uefa.
  • Pot 1 contains the Champions League and Europa League title holders, and the champions of the top six associations based on their 2017 UEFA country coefficients. If either or both title holders are one of the champions of the top six associations, the champions of the next highest ranked association(s) are also seeded into Pot 1.
  • Pot 2, 3 and 4 contain the remaining teams, seeded based on their 2018 UEFA club coefficients.

Uefa rankings can be found here;
https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

The bigger teams from pot 3 we could face include Lyon,Monaco,Roma,Inter,Schalke.

Remember there is only one stadium in London where you can watch champions league football this season,everyone else will be watching Emmerdale !!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2018.html

We are unknown as to whether we are pot 2 or 3 at the moment. Benfica or Basel losing in qualification, or Liverpool losing the Champions League final would do it

The CL result absolutely confirms it Saturday whether we need to wait on results or have made pot 2.
There could be some really nasty groups of death if we were in pot 3

such as bayern or psg and real madrid us and Inter.

Or how about Barca,napoli,us and celtic
best case could be locomotiv moscow, and shaktar donetsk,us and qarabag to get that thurs night feeling.

When I was working it out,we just need one of 3 teams to stuff it up for us to be certain of pot 2,dortmund sneaking 4th place in their league on GD wasnt good for us,if they had failed to qualify it would be done&dusted.Anyway group of death,been there beat that!!

Europa league looks predictably shite lineup wise until the CL cast offs enter in feb..

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I’m a bit cross.

I saw some of a programme on TV last night about Mo Salah and it all being a ‘fairy tale’.....fair enough the bloke has scored 32 goals this season and got Liverpool to the final of the Champions. league....but there were ex Liverpool players and pundits a plenty suggesting that this was the second coming, the fucking messiah, it’s one season lads. Well done Mo but it’s not like he’s Harry Kane or as they were starting to suggest Messi and Ronaldo.

Let’s wair and see shall we? Jesus what is it about that club, the self entitled arrogance of them whilst the ignorance of everyone else is astonishing, as is the media’s devotion. Short memories of their fans behaviour and their performance over the past 10 years.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I’m a bit cross.

I saw some of a programme on TV last night about Mo Salah and it all being a ‘fairy tale’.....fair enough the bloke has scored 32 goals this season and got Liverpool to the final of the Champions. league....but there were ex Liverpool players and pundits a plenty suggesting that this was the second coming, the fucking messiah, it’s one season lads. Well done Mo but it’s not like he’s Harry Kane or as they were starting to suggest Messi and Ronaldo.

Let’s wair and see shall we? Jesus what is it about that club, the self entitled arrogance of them whilst the ignorance of everyone else is astonishing, as is the media’s devotion. Short memories of their fans behaviour and their performance over the past 10 years.
Fuck them hopefully ukraine will give them punchbags of europe treatment.Not sure why sky/BBC media are jizzing over what is the club that gave us our nations most shameful moment in football history.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Ha ha ha that’s brilliant

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don’t want to sound like a fucking scouser but whilst there’s some great teams in there, there’s no-one really frightening. Madrid and Barca’s light will be dimmer next year and neither of the finalists beat us last year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just thought I`d put this thread above its new fake news imposter thread ;)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just a week until the draw,all is becoming clearer.Just one leg of the play offs to go and 6 places up for grabs.Likely to be Ajax,AEK athens,PSV and a toss up between benfica&PAOK salonica,young boys&zagreb and red star or red bull.If the graphic is correct (it is the same as uefa`s own rankings) then if benfica are knocked out at PAOK (1-1 1st leg in Lisbon) then it looks like Liverpool may sneak into pot 2 as well,booooooooooo.

Worst case for us would be a group of any of pot 1 (bar lokomotiv moscow),monaco and inter or valencia.For me personally either greek team going through means a nice away day close to home!!
Though PAOK is a very unfriendly club to visit,and I would think twice before visiting dodge.

CL18-19%20gs%20bbb.png

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Just a week until the draw,all is becoming clearer.Just one leg of the play offs to go and 6 places up for grabs.Likely to be Ajax,AEK athens,PSV and a toss up between benfica&PAOK salonica,young boys&zagreb and red star or red bull.If the graphic is correct (it is the same as uefa`s own rankings) then if benfica are knocked out at PAOK (1-1 1st leg in Lisbon) then it looks like Liverpool may sneak into pot 2 as well,booooooooooo.

Worst case for us would be a group of any of pot 1 (bar lokomotiv moscow),monaco and inter or valencia.For me personally either greek team going through means a nice away day close to home!!
Though PAOK is a very unfriendly club to visit,and I would think twice before visiting dodge.

CL18-19%20gs%20bbb.png
So I assume if PAOK beat Benfica then PAOK will enter pot 4 everyone move a step? Would love to get either of the Greek clubs or Ajax as got a pal that lives in Dam too. Getting excited about this now!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So I assume if PAOK beat Benfica then PAOK will enter pot 4 everyone move a step? Would love to get either of the Greek clubs or Ajax as got a pal that lives in Dam too. Getting excited about this now!
Thats how I see it,although dynamo kiev and schalke are same coefficient pts as liverpool so not sure how they tie break that??
Benfica were red hot favourites,guess they still should be?but away in salonika nasty place to go,up there with the turks for intimidation.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Thats how I see it,although dynamo kiev and schalke are same coefficient pts as liverpool so not sure how they tie break that??
Benfica were red hot favourites,guess they still should be?but away in salonika nasty place to go,up there with the turks for intimidation.
Yeah it's an intimidating place for sure! Greek sides tend to be difficult to break down once they got something to defend. Although I don't watch any of their football so can't really speak of PAOK's style of play.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Fucking hell, this is properly big boys football........there's literally only about 3-4 'easy teams' in there - Real Madrid obvs, Viktoria, Young boys and Red Star?

C

corroded

Player in Training.
They don't call it the Champions League for nowt, Don ;D

Plus there is United as well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So best group?:
Lokomotiv Moscow
Tottenham Hotspur
Valencia
Viktoria Plzen

Or Worst?:
Bayern Munich
Tottenham Hotspur
PSV
Inter Milan

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So best group?:
Lokomotiv Moscow
Tottenham Hotspur
Valencia
Viktoria Plzen

Or Worst?:
Bayern Munich
Tottenham Hotspur
PSV
Inter Milan
I`d go lokomotiv,lyon and AEK,pretty much a europa league opposition on CL wages.

Honestly though,after last season we know we can go toe to toe with the winners and runners up,so bring on any group of death scenario,wont be as strong as what we beat last year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Champions League Draw -
Man City - Pot 1
Man Utd & Spurs - Pot 2
Liverpool - Pot 3

Arsenal & Chelsea - Pot Noodle & a coffee until the Europa League draw starts.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
This could be going better?? some big games coming up, we stuffed Ronnie now it's Lionel's turn!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Group B

Barcelona
Tottenham Hotspur
PSV Eindhoven
Inter Milan

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So best group?:
Lokomotiv Moscow
Tottenham Hotspur
Valencia
Viktoria Plzen

Or Worst?:
Bayern Munich
Tottenham Hotspur
PSV
Inter Milan
My fucking mistake, I meant Barcelona not Bayern........Jeez. we can't catch a break. Oh well you've got to beat the bastards some time!! Bring it on.

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
What a group.... we make slight work of groups of death though.