By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions League 2018/19

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
No Van Dyck for the Scousers tonight? This will be interesting

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
There is nothing right at the moment in the Champions League that would have Pochettino shaking in his boots.

I'm not saying that we will win the thing but I am not saying that we can't.
Just get through and see what draw we get. Enjoy it whoever we play. Can beat anyone on our day but it only takes on brain fart to put the team out. I'd like to see Porto go through and get them. If Lyon could get a score draw at barca and do them that would open the competition right up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There is nothing right at the moment in the Champions League that would have Pochettino shaking in his boots.

Totally agree,we have a punchers chance,especially if dele&harry come back and in form.Decent defence,strong midfield if it is us plus 7 then bring on whoever,to win it you`re going to have to beat a barca,real or top side.We can do that as proven last 2 years.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

Yeah true, although we haven't seen Juve yet and City are strong. Lyon are a good dark horse. Let's get through this round and then things will get interesting. Someone somewhere said you're not true Spurs if you're not worried about losing 4-0 in Dortmund!! that's exactly the feeling that I still have trouble shaking off ha ha. Old Spurs, rather than Pochettino Spurs, still in the back of my mind.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Yeah true, although we haven't seen Juve yet and City are strong. Lyon are a good dark horse. Let's get through this round and then things will get interesting. Someone somewhere said you're not true Spurs if you're not worried about losing 4-0 in Dortmund!! that's exactly the feeling that I still have trouble shaking off ha ha. Old Spurs, rather than Pochettino Spurs, still in the back of my mind.

When will that mindset end? After the jubilation and hysteria of the Dortmund game, I still thought well it’s definitely not over. I think personally for me, winning a trophy will go a hell of a long way to destroying that way of thinking.

In a way it’s not a terrible way of thinking, coz it kind of manages your own personal expectations. If the worst did happen, then you’re sort of halfway to accepting it, however pissed and angry you might be. Anyway, I just can’t see us not scoring out there, they need to come at us, which’ll leave a fair amount of space, so they’ll likely need 5 to get thru...nah, we got this!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
When will that mindset end? After the jubilation and hysteria of the Dortmund game, I still thought well it’s definitely not over. I think personally for me, winning a trophy will go a hell of a long way to destroying that way of thinking.

In a way it’s not a terrible way of thinking, coz it kind of manages your own personal expectations. If the worst did happen, then you’re sort of halfway to accepting it, however pissed and angry you might be. Anyway, I just can’t see us not scoring out there, they need to come at us, which’ll leave a fair amount of space, so they’ll likely need 5 to get thru...nah, we got this!!
I wish that I could rid the thought, but every now and then it just gets reinforced. Chelsea semi final 2 years ago and this year, United Semi final last year. It’s a fucker because this is the best Spurs team I’ve seen since the 80’s and we’re out performing them consistently on the league. The doubts will go someday they’re already on their way....just not gone

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I wish that I could rid the thought, but every now and then it just gets reinforced. Chelsea semi final 2 years ago and this year, United Semi final last year. It’s a fucker because this is the best Spurs team I’ve seen since the 80’s and we’re out performing them consistently on the league. The doubts will go someday they’re already on their way....just not gone
:)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Ha ha nothing wrong with my faith mate, I’ve seen every fucking semi final heartache since the day after the birth of my first daughter when we lost to Everton at Elland Road. The 80’s retro revival is just around the corner......isn’t it? I’m sure it is.....I think

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Bentaleb scores for Schalke against City

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The overrated Ottamendi red carded...let’s hope Schalke push on and get a 3rd.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Juventus have a big problem here.

They are being Simeone’d.:D

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
It’s Schalke mate, they’re my German team but not exactly Dortmund or Bayern are they?
It’s Schalke mate, they’re my German team but not exactly Dortmund or Bayern are they?

The league form has been terrible this year - I was amazed when I woke up and they weren't already losing. They did okay for a lot of the time in making it a chaotic game that City couldn't control but the end of the game really showed that the team is very much deserving of sitting just outside the relegation zone in the Bundesliga.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

We’ll score at Dortmund and those yellow cunts aren’t scoring 5.

I am not even remotely worried. This is a quality team that we support.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Jesus diego loves his meat&2 veg

Dz60fzkWkAESi5o.jpg

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
In other news BATE Borisov have choked in the Also Rans Cup this morning.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
All referees agree it was a penalty, all players say it wasn’t. VAR nonsense.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
All referees agree it was a penalty, all players say it wasn’t. VAR nonsense.....
The 2 i saw on sky both said no penalty,our penalty on saturday refs were split half and half some say technically kane was fouled before offside others side he should have been flagged.I thought VAR was meant to right injustices that were undebateable,but it seems instead of slagging refs off,we will be slagging VAR officials off,and they call this progress.Pretty soon will be telling kids how we went in the golden age,where when you scored you could jump around and celebrate,where as these poor fuckers now will have to wait and then a muted yup its ok with some plank in a tv truck 100 miles away watching.