By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions League 2018/19

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The 2 i saw on sky both said no penalty,our penalty on saturday refs were split half and half some say technically kane was fouled before offside others side he should have been flagged.I thought VAR was meant to right injustices that were undebateable,but it seems instead of slagging refs off,we will be slagging VAR officials off,and they call this progress.Pretty soon will be telling kids how we went in the golden age,where when you scored you could jump around and celebrate,where as these poor fuckers now will have to wait and then a muted yup its ok with some plank in a tv truck 100 miles away watching.
I'd like to see a big screen doodah, like in the rugby and the cricket where they have a tension building question - "Mike Dean is a .??? ........
......."

"CUNT!
The decision is overruled"

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yep, no fuckung way was that a peno.

Absolute shit decision, but that is how they (referee big wigs who framed the rules) have been told to apply it.

VAR can fuck clean off now, and we will never utter its nonsense in this generation again.

In the next generation or two, some smart (millennial equivalent) cunt will pipe up about us using technology to help the referees make better decisions..... and the bullshit will start all over again, except that I suppose we will then be using lasers, and playing on Mars in zero gravity and the aliens will use us as entertainment before devouring our genitals.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
All we needed was goal line tech, and we got it. Nobody needs this VAR crap. Kills the fun, doesn't always correct a wrong.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'd like to see a big screen doodah, like in the rugby and the cricket where they have a tension building question - "Mike Dean is a .??? ........
......."

"CUNT!
The decision is overruled"
D1FE_GTW0AEZFB_.jpg

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
The debate on that penalty has produced some really incredible shit coming out of people's brains regarding the ability of a defender to make a calculated decision regarding exact positioning of their arms, cunningly turning away from the ball to hide their calculated decision all the while being able to consciously reason through the exact path the ball will take while not even looking at the ball. Fucking hell some people have some fucking deluded notions of how the human brain and body function and I doubt they've ever actually played as a defender, just as so many referees seem to have never either. I've had referees tell me I've made a deliberate handball from a ball struck about 2m away with my hand not even moving from in front of my body as I didn't even need to move to block the shot. Just fucking delusional shit.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The debate on that penalty has produced some really incredible shit coming out of people's brains regarding the ability of a defender to make a calculated decision regarding exact positioning of their arms, cunningly turning away from the ball to hide their calculated decision all the while being able to consciously reason through the exact path the ball will take while not even looking at the ball. Fucking hell some people have some fucking deluded notions of how the human brain and body function and I doubt they've ever actually played as a defender, just as so many referees seem to have never either. I've had referees tell me I've made a deliberate handball from a ball struck about 2m away with my hand not even moving from in front of my body as I didn't even need to move to block the shot. Just fucking delusional shit.
I see they are talking about the body`s sillouette,un-natural positions....honest to god,I wished they would just say if it hits an arm its hanball regardless,not because i think that is right,but when rules are open to interpretation its a can of worms.Especially now VAR is here.Also I would simplify offside for VAR by saying position of the feet,not a knee or chest inches beyond,at least with the lines they draw across the pitch its simple to rule on.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I see they are talking about the body`s sillouette,un-natural positions....honest to god,I wished they would just say if it hits an arm its hanball regardless,not because i think that is right,but when rules are open to interpretation its a can of worms.Especially now VAR is here.Also I would simplify offside for VAR by saying position of the feet,not a knee or chest inches beyond,at least with the lines they draw across the pitch its simple to rule on.
Tuchel made that point (I thought he was pretty classy about it to be fair). VAR just makes it all the more important that we clarify some of the rules one way or the other.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tuchel made that point (I thought he was pretty classy about it to be fair). VAR just makes it all the more important that we clarify some of the rules one way or the other.
Trouble is the old same rules for everyone premise,which is already gone with goaline tech.The new technology needs amended laws IMO,video referee is meant to be black&white not another persons subjective opinion.Trouble is the law makers immediatly support any wrong decision and say the ref made the right call,such as the PSG handball.And yet professionals in the sport cannot agree if it was right or wrong,same with was Kane offside,did aubameyang dive,there was no consensus just a 50/50 split of opinions,in which case just leave it as the refs decision.
What will happen is one time a team will score from an unjustly given corner,and then we will be reviewing every corner given,then someone scores from a throw in wrongly given,once you start meddling with wrong calls,hard to stop.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Surprised no one is talking about VAR not being used for the Push on Son..... Var wouldnhave had to have said there was a push, there was intent which means a straight red and potentially a Peno...!!!

Its irrelevant now, games over and we got the result but the principle is the same. It 100% could have been reviewed and given in our favour.

I fucking hate VAR, it devalues the referees and linesmen and makes then shirk decisions.

That's why I was impressed with the referee overall as he took control and made his own mind up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Surprised no one is talking about VAR not being used for the Push on Son..... Var wouldnhave had to have said there was a push, there was intent which means a straight red and potentially a Peno...!!!

Its irrelevant now, games over and we got the result but the principle is the same. It 100% could have been reviewed and given in our favour.

I fucking hate VAR, it devalues the referees and linesmen and makes then shirk decisions.

That's why I was impressed with the referee overall as he took control and made his own mind up.
As soon as someone chirps up in their ear,and they walk off to have a look,its done.They feel they can right a wrong and however minor they will look to give something to back var up.If that handball weds is the rule,going to be a seismic shift in number of pens given,could well be same for holding on corners,once they start giving them got to give them all.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
As soon as someone chirps up in their ear,and they walk off to have a look,its done.They feel they can right a wrong and however minor they will look to give something to back var up.If that handball weds is the rule,going to be a seismic shift in number of pens given,could well be same for holding on corners,once they start giving them got to give them all.
Where do you stop.....? Pushing off the ball, pushing from a goal kick? It's all utter bullshit and completely unnecessary.

Its draining the life out of the fast paced action packed sport. Controversy has turned from players, to referees, to VAR.

Nip this is the bud, with retrospective refereeing for blatant cheating on or off the ball and you then have referees not needing help because players will behave themselves. You then dont need VAR because the referees are free to make their decisions without having to have eyes up their arse looking at 22 lads. Make the assistant referees more powerful in that they can genuinely assist the man in the middle and be consulted as if using VAR.

I love footy but this hybrid, cyber, pause for a decision, horse shit is turning me off it big time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Where do you stop.....? Pushing off the ball, pushing from a goal kick? It's all utter bullshit and completely unnecessary.

Its draining the life out of the fast paced action packed sport. Controversy has turned from players, to referees, to VAR.

Nip this is the bud, with retrospective refereeing for blatant cheating on or off the ball and you then have referees not needing help because players will behave themselves. You then dont need VAR because the referees are free to make their decisions without having to have eyes up their arse looking at 22 lads. Make the assistant referees more powerful in that they can genuinely assist the man in the middle and be consulted as if using VAR.

I love footy but this hybrid, cyber, pause for a decision, horse shit is turning me off it big time.
Its swerved so far away from clear&obvious errors,its now nit picking.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You`re the referee in the tv truck,what would happen next........

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
You`re the referee in the tv truck,what would happen next........

Easy peasy, goalkeeper goes off for red card offence, no attempt to play the ball, gets banned for 12 months for a head high deliberate tackle (Not offside)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Incase no one remembers that assault.Goalkick given,unbelievable.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Incase no one remembers that assault.Goalkick given,unbelievable.

And can you find Bosnics assultmwhilst playing for a Villa , against Klinsmann .
It was a midweek game and I decided late on to go , and had to go tomSpurs to coll3ct a ticket , and realised it would be cold , I had to buy a jacket , I’ve still got it , it’s the one with the crest on the back

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
A very good team is going to go out tonight in Juve vs Atlético tie. Currently 1-2 on aggregate. 1-0 to Juve on the night

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
A very good team is going to go out tonight in Juve vs Atlético tie. Currently 1-2 on aggregate. 1-0 to Juve on the night

Simeone can grab his cock all he likes but at end of the day he utterly bottled that game tonight. 2-0 up and he decides to shut shop. They didn't even try to score the goal that would have ended the tie. And playing Morata up top against Chiellini was amateur stuff. You wouldn't even do it on FIFA. Morata wears concrete boots and Chiellini destroys strikers who lack lateral movement. It also eliminated any impact Greizmann could have on the game because spastic Morata lacks the smarts or the movement to create space for other players. And Greizmann needs space.

Juventus were good but fuck me if Simeone didn't gift wrap it for them.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
so VAR completely fcks up the first half flow of the city schalke game but fails to correct an incorrectly given peno in the juve atletico game. funny how that happens

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Two more big teams could go out tonight and probably Liverpool as well

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Fuck me 4 British teams in the quarter finals. One of them plays Barca in the final? Us? It’s in Madrid on 1st June.....get a room booked. Do it now!!

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Two more big teams could go out tonight and probably Liverpool as well

This is not a dig at you Don but for me, Liverpool were always favourites to beat Bayern and I didn't really buy into some people arguing that Bayern would be stronger at home and overcome them. The standard of the Bundesliga is down from what it was a few years ago even and Liverpool are a team made to take apart an ageing team (Neuer just can't do what he used to, probably only Lewa is the same level) going down from it's former levels like Bayern who are used to having things all their own way, with a coach who is just not at the same level as Klopp.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
This is not a dig at you Don but for me, Liverpool were always favourites to beat Bayern and I didn't really buy into some people arguing that Bayern would be stronger at home and overcome them. The standard of the Bundesliga is down from what it was a few years ago even and Liverpool are a team made to take apart an ageing team (Neuer just can't do what he used to, probably only Lewa is the same level) going down from it's former levels like Bayern who are used to having things all their own way, with a coach who is just not at the same level as Klopp.
Yeah you’re probably right, it was my little anti Liverpool joke really. I mean Bayern couldn’t even beat Chelsea in the final, from 1-0 up on their own pitch ffs. They’re no Dortmund eh!!?
Neuer was terrible