By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions League 2018/19

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
4 English teams in the final 8 just ruins the fun a bit. I thought this was the elite club competition in the world? What the hell are United and Liverpool doing here? Hopefully we draw one of the big clubs like Porto or Ajax, and not that third-rate outfit that doesn't even have traveling supporters.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
4 English teams in the final 8 just ruins the fun a bit. I thought this was the elite club competition in the world? What the hell are United and Liverpool doing here? Hopefully we draw one of the big clubs like Porto or Ajax, and not that third-rate outfit that doesn't even have traveling supporters.
Yeah, who wants an away day to Liverpool or Manchester, not exactly Paris or Rome is it, (due apologies to @Liam) in terms of glamour anyway. Music is probably better though!

Secretly I'm just glad we're still in it, no mean achievement for Spurs compared with some of the teams that have gone out. I don't mind who we get.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
definitely wont get porto or ajax IMO. ill bet we get juve again (powers that be dont want us playing barca again ill bet). city and liverpool to get porto and ajax. united to barca. we get juve.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
definitely wont get porto or ajax IMO. ill bet we get juve again (powers that be dont want us playing barca again ill bet). city and liverpool to get porto and ajax. united to barca. we get juve.
If it works out like that I'll send a bottle of your favourite liqueur. I'm pretty sure that Stats (eh @Dorset ?) will suggest two British teams will be drawn against each other. Personally I hope it's City vs Liverpool again or United. I like the sound of going to Turin or Portugal oe even Barcelona again (eh @Thfcire ?)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If it works out like that I'll send a bottle of your favourite liqueur. I'm pretty sure that Stats (eh @Dorset ?) will suggest two British teams will be drawn against each other. Personally I hope it's City vs Liverpool again or United. I like the sound of going to Turin or Portugal oe even Barcelona again (eh @Thfcire ?)
Dunno mate, I've go too much to do at the moment to worry about stats! Pobberly true, so I will say you are quite correct.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.

Wait, are suggesting that UEFA may rig the draw in order to get their preferred matchups? Why I never!
*cue creepy CL music in the background.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There are 105 possible scenarios for the Champions League draw - at 11:00 GMT on Friday - which will also determine the semi-final line-ups.

Nine out of those 105 scenarios involve the four English clubs all being drawn against each other - an 8.6% chance.

Out of the total possible draws, 72 scenarios have exactly one all-English tie - that's 68.6%.

Therefore, the chance of all four English clubs avoiding each other in the quarter final draw is 22.9%.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Don’t mention the war lol

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I’ve seen a lot of people post it on r/soccer (Reddit - soccer) with a a bunch of posts being removed.
The supposed ‘fixed’ draws:
United VS Spurs
Ajax VS Liverpool
Barca VS City
Juve VS Porto

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
City

Fukksake........

Scousers with an easy draw

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Shit club with no European history. Couldn't have been easier. On to the semis!

Last edited:
NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I’ve seen a lot of people post it on r/soccer (Reddit - soccer) with a a bunch of posts being removed.
The supposed ‘fixed’ draws:
United VS Spurs
Ajax VS Liverpool
Barca VS City
Juve VS Porto

Anyone else find it suspicious that so many conspiracy theories just disappear? #gubmint

I'm glad we have City - sick to death of hearing about their quadruple. We can be the ones to end all that crap.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
In full

Quarter-finals Ajax v Juventus (April 10 at Johan Cruijff Arena, April 16 at Allianz Stadium)Liverpool v Porto (April 9 at Anfield, April 17 at Estadio do Dragao)Tottenham v Manchester City (April 9 at Spurs' stadium, April 17 at Etihad)Barcelona v Manchester United (April 10 at Old Trafford, April 16 at Nou Camp)
Semi-finals Tottenham/Manchester City v Ajax/JuventusBarcelona/Manchester United v Liverpool/Porto

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Close but no cigar..........

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
This has probably been posted somewhere in the Spurs social universe, but I'm told if a British club wins the Europa league and the Champions League (and we have 4 bites at the cherry ooo-errr) the 4th placed club in the Premier League misses out on Champions League next year.

I'll just leave that hanging on our beloved 'Proper Spursy' forum.........

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This has probably been posted somewhere in the Spurs social universe, but I'm told if a British club wins the Europa league and the Champions League (and we have 4 bites at the cherry ooo-errr) the 4th placed club in the Premier League misses out on Champions League next year.

I'll just leave that hanging on our beloved 'Proper Spursy' forum.........
Not exactly true both the europa and champions league winners would have to finish outside the top 4.Other british clubs have no part in the equation ever.The PL can have 5 teams max in CL

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Not exactly true both the europa and champions league winners would have to finish outside the top 4.Other british clubs have no part in the equation ever.The PL can have 5 teams max in CL

Plus the only PL team that can realistically (barely) win the CL and finish out of the top 4 is us. Apologies to United, but they are gonna get thrashed.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Well I’m going upto thenaethihad , if anyone wants a lift . I’ve booked a hotel , still around 60 for the night but will be leaving early to get back for early o’clock .
Tickets NOT guaranteed ,well I’ve got 1 and hopefully 2 , and will be scrounging for anyone who wants to go and me Northern Monkkey mates , but they’ll be as scarce as an honest politician

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Plus the only PL team that can realistically (barely) win the CL and finish out of the top 4 is us. Apologies to United, but they are gonna get thrashed.
What like PSG did at home to their reserves? Somehow a light is shining on Ole at the moment, another Leicester City CL style??? Fucking hope not

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
What like PSG did at home to their reserves? Somehow a light is shining on Ole at the moment, another Leicester City CL style??? Fucking hope not

I’ll give you two words that mean that United are at the end of their CL road:

Lionel Messi.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’ll give you two words that mean that United are at the end of their CL road:

Lionel Messi.
Ha ha you’re probably right, but Lyon could have won the other night, at least in the first 50 minutes before they chucked it all in. They drew 0-0 in France. I reckon it’s up for grabs this year....you never know, it’s football after all.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Big plus for us if Brighton beat Millwall in the cup,we will get the weekend off before Citeh and most likely they will have a cup semi that weekend,hopefully with united!!That would mean we would open NWHL with Palace the weds evening the week before CL qtrs.Every little counts,I have a sneaky feeling 1st leg 3-0 spurs,no one be a twat and bet on that please!!

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Big plus for us if Brighton beat Millwall in the cup,we will get the weekend off before Citeh and most likely they will have a cup semi that weekend,hopefully with united!!That would mean we would open NWHL with Palace the weds evening the week before CL qtrs.Every little counts,I have a sneaky feeling 1st leg 3-0 spurs,no one be a twat and bet on that please!!
obviously swansea didnt read the memo

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yeah, who wants an away day to Liverpool or Manchester, not exactly Paris or Rome is it, (due apologies to @Liam) in terms of glamour anyway. Music is probably better though!

Secretly I'm just glad we're still in it, no mean achievement for Spurs compared with some of the teams that have gone out. I don't mind who we get.
You got your glorious away day in Mancunia @Don Diaz. No need for an apology I'd fuck off to live in Rome or Paris if I could speak the lingo and earn a good enough living.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You got your glorious away day in Mancunia @Don Diaz. No need for an apology I'd fuck off to live in Rome or Paris if I could speak the lingo and earn a good enough living.
You getting tickets for all of us

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
With the City fans??? Gotta try to get one for myself by hook or crook yet....
Ha ha, I can't go mate. I'm abroad working, good luck.

Remember when no-one gave us a chance and we went up there and won 1-0 to get into the CL for the first time, with that Crouchy goal. same again.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Ha ha, I can't go mate. I'm abroad working, good luck.

Remember when no-one gave us a chance and we went up there and won 1-0 to get into the CL for the first time, with that Crouchy goal. same again.
I remember us winning there a few years back too, Eriksen with a late winner. Keep the faith, COYS!