By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions League 2019/20

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah, maybe its a bit too soon after losing in the final of the 2019 tournament but let's not forget we did just enough in the Premier League in 2019 to earn another crack at this competition in 2020.

If we repeat the CL rollercoaster ride we had in 2019 then we can guarantee it will be exciting to the point of exasperation at times, but you would like to think we will have learned a great deal about ourselves as a club from our last CL campaign.

COYS.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
D8PKnP0XYAYwKZl.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Zenit (would be nicer if they were closer)
Spurs
Celtic
Copenhagen
Yes but do you remember losing to Gent not long ago and being 10 mins from going out at the group stage this year

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
It makes no sense that teams that are slotted for Pot 2 need to qualify. There is something fundamentally wrong with that.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Draw is on August 29th, first gameweek 17/18 September.

Big boys football AGAIN, fourth year in a row in a new state of the art 62,000 seater stadium after the CL final last year........who would have believed you 6 years ago? COYS

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Look forward to finding out who we get. I'd quite like a trip to Copenhagen, easy enough game, nice city, and can go to christiana for a smoke whilst there.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Look forward to finding out who we get. I'd quite like a trip to Copenhagen, easy enough game, nice city, and can go to christiana for a smoke whilst there.
or if one of the bubbles can get through !!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
or if one of the bubbles can get through !!
Yes mate. I'd take Paok or Olympiakos! I'd prefer Athens that Thessaloniki but I'm game with either. My mrs has gaff in Thessaloniki but we rent it out.... Got loads of pals in athens so will make a right session of it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yes mate. I'd take Paok or Olympiakos! I'd prefer Athens that Thessaloniki but I'm game with either. My mrs has gaff in Thessaloniki but we rent it out.... Got loads of pals in athens so will make a right session of it.
yeah athens is better,paok`s ground is small and quite inhospitable!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Valencia would be good. I know someone who lives less than an hour away from there.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
yeah athens is better,paok`s ground is small and quite inhospitable!!
Yeah PAOK meant to be a shit experience for visitors. I love Athens tbh, and have always wanted to visit in the autumn/winter as many mates fuck off to islands in the summer and athens is not a nice type of heat in august. I fucking hate Olympiakos so would love to thrash them.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Absolutely gutted. NOT😂😂, we won’t be able to play Celtic and those loveable fans , they lost to Cluj , almost as embarrassing as West Ham’s last European tour when they lost in the qualifiers to a bunch of Romanian peasant farmers

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Absolutely gutted. NOT😂😂, we won’t be able to play Celtic and those loveable fans , they lost to Cluj , almost as embarrassing as West Ham’s last European tour when they lost in the qualifiers to a bunch of Romanian peasant farmers

A few big clubs went by the wayside.

Celtic
Basel
Porto

All out.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Celtic, honestly, that’s poor

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I don't know why anyone is surprised about Celtic bowing out, their runs to CL qualification usually require playing FC Fucking No Name or someone like that.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I don't know why anyone is surprised about Celtic bowing out, their runs to CL qualification usually require playing FC Fucking No Name or someone like that.
Was listening to talk shite whilst in the car last night and some jock called in with a pretty good point re Celtic being useless in Europe. His point was that because they've been the runaway top team in the SPL they haven't actually had to play out a game in the same you have to in Europe, so their game management is non existent. They're used blowing teams away every week whether the opposition defend deep or play open and expressive football Celtic thrash them anyway. As soon as they have to manage a 1-1 away draw they don't know how to do it. Was the basis of his point, which seems a pretty fair one.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'd be happy if we could get Rosenborg, Brugge, or Olympiakos in the groups. First two are easy enough to get to from Manchester and Olympiakos means a piss with loads of good old pals who used to live in Manchester until the little englanders voted to tell them to fuck off. Win, win either way, would really like to see my mates in athens though, assume @skiathospurs would be up for athens too?

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Was listening to talk shite whilst in the car last night and some jock called in with a pretty good point re Celtic being useless in Europe. His point was that because they've been the runaway top team in the SPL they haven't actually had to play out a game in the same you have to in Europe, so their game management is non existent. They're used blowing teams away every week whether the opposition defend deep or play open and expressive football Celtic thrash them anyway. As soon as they have to manage a 1-1 away draw they don't know how to do it. Was the basis of his point, which seems a pretty fair one.

Yeah, it sounds pretty fair... they don't know what tough going is, because they have no competition in which to test themselves as a club. Even those couple of Rangers games before Rangers fell into an abyss would have helped. Now they have nothing... if you look back, the last season Celtic had that was good, European wise, was the one just after Rangers dropped to the third division.

I remember once telling a Celtic fan that it was easy for them to perform well in Europe as they got a rest every weekend 😂

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Same as PSG inFrance and Ajax in Holland , and obviously the same with City in a way , till they came up against the Mighty Spurs !

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
The Premiership is sooooo competitive , City last year lost at home to Palace and also lost to Newcastle .
I don’t suppose Juve ,Barca ,Ajax or PSG lost at home and if they did , they certainly didn’t to a lowly team . So it’s no wonder they nearly always go a long way in the European leagues ,cause they dodnt have to thrash their players every week . How often is Messi rested or injured

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The Premiership is sooooo competitive , City last year lost at home to Palace and also lost to Newcastle .
I don’t suppose Juve ,Barca ,Ajax or PSG lost at home and if they did , they certainly didn’t to a lowly team . So it’s no wonder they nearly always go a long way in the European leagues ,cause they dodnt have to thrash their players every week . How often is Messi rested or injured
Harsh on ajax they at least have feyenoord and psv,think Bayern can be in your list too and i do agree that european leagues dont have the depth of competition and its all set up in favour of keeping the status quo.Most european league TV money is negotiated on a club by club basis,this means porto,benfica,sporting can prise the leagues equivalent of zaha or macquire for a pittance and clubs cant turn them down because of their finances.Everytime dortmund get close bayern buy their best players,same in spain except they also operate worldwide as well as buying their rivals best talent,psg are so financially doped in france,and have to hold our hands up and say the money awash in the PL makes english teams talent snatchers too,but then its not buying off your immediate rivals in your league,which is a big part of their problems.
Gawd bless FFP,seedings,coefficients,rankings,group stages ensuring the big stay big,get the easiest rides on the gravy train.Because heaven forbid a knockout competition where a club like celtic in a one off game gets beat by romanian turnip farmers.Cant have that happening to bayern or juve before theyve earnt £40m playing 6 games,2 of which against a half a chance side and 4 games against cannonfodder fc and then the knockout fun begins.But juve&bayern still earnt enough to buy any decent domestic players from any teams threatening their seat at the table.

What is interesting is how the old boys network like arsenal and united or rather how long can you be outside of the cosy club you created before you`re pitted against the odds trying to break back in to it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’m not surprised at them losing, just that they do the same capitulation every year. It’s a bit of a joke