By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions League 2019/20

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
What is interesting is how the old boys network like arsenal and united or rather how long can you be outside of the cosy club you created before you`re pitted against the odds trying to break back in to it.
The theory is probably that they can buy their way back in, as Chelsea did this year and Arsenal are trying to next year, ironically likely against Chelsea's expense. United are the interesting one this year......

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The theory is probably that they can buy their way back in, as Chelsea did this year and Arsenal are trying to next year, ironically likely against Chelsea's expense. United are the interesting one this year......
Its interesting,like in italy AC and inter been away for awhile,napoli and roma stepping in,pretty sure the answer from uefa will be each monied nation having 6 teams soon.
Part of what i didnt say is psg,real,barca,bayern dont have to buy up to stay tops in their leagues,they are able to buy players just with the CL in mind,pretty sure city are nearly at that level,the day when players like delph,walker dont exist in their squad is near,one thing Jose said which was right,"who can win the league? city,liverpool,tottenham and city`s reserves"

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Same as PSG inFrance and Ajax in Holland , and obviously the same with City in a way , till they came up against the Mighty Spurs !
PSG are used to competing in europe though as are City who play in a tough league and definitely have to manage the big games well, whilst the Dutch league isn't great Ajax aren't always running away with it as PSV and Feyenoord aren't terrible but the jock league is another level of shit and with Rangers being nowhere for some time has meant literally no competition for Celtic at all.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Just been snooping around,we are up to 12th in the uefa coefficient rankings,though it is a big gap to climb into the top 10 and more importatntly top 8 to get into the pot 1 easy peasy avoid group of death scenario.Still couple of years ago we were languishing in the mid 20s position and flirting with pot 3.
Its a small detail,but breaking into the area that the so called big 14 pleaded for to protect their status and revenue,financially is good for Mr Levy,Traditional powerhouses such as Ac and inter milan dont even make the top 25 now,2 of the clubs who helped bring this in,be careful what you wish for because now the system works against them.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Heh, I think this season is based on the end of last season, the ones showing elsewhere are showing Napoli with a 78 coeffecient, not 62. So we're 17th still, but given the clubs not in the competition we're comfortably group 2.

We could do with boosting it a bit, but maintaining around 12th would be fine, given the league places will _tend_ to be won by the teams around us anyway (especially in England, Spain, Germany and France).

Top 8 is ideal of course, just not entirely required, we can't get pot 1 without winning something (so lets do that ;p) and if we do that it'll solve some of the coefficient problem by itself ;D

Unless there is of course some kind of freak situation where all the league winners come from outside the top 8 coefficient, for europes top eight leagues.

I mean, it's not likely

Anyway, best we can hope for is a couple of not so great teams in pots 3 and 4, and have one of those groups that no one really thinks has a chance of being even.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ECqCc99X4AEn3Hx

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hardly a group of death, but two very hostile away fixtures (aside from Bayern, obviously) in Athens and Belgrade.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Hardly a group of death, but two very hostile away fixtures (aside from Bayern, obviously) in Athens and Belgrade.
A tough group though. Like you say two hostile group games in Pireas and Belgrade and a tough double header against Bayern. I might head out to athens depending on the dates of the Olympiakos away fixture.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
could have had a much worse draw, but man, Brugge and Lille were calling our name..

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
A tough group though. Like you say two hostile group games in Pireas and Belgrade and a tough double header against Bayern. I might head out to athens depending on the dates of the Olympiakos away fixture.
I would argue that unless we sort our shit out they are all double tough games...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I’m pretty happy with that. If we can’t take care of the Greeks and Red Star over two legs then we don’t deserve to get out of the group anyway.

It’s a much better draw than we have had over the last couple of seasons. 8/10 for me.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
yeah just waiting to see when the athens game is,stoked we got them and an easy away day to go to.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
yeah just waiting to see when the athens game is,stoked we got them and an easy away day to go to.
It's too soon for me too afford I'm afraid. The flights to greece are still pricey as the weather is good. If it had been November or December then I'd have done it for sure, just have to do Bayern instead.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's too soon for me too afford I'm afraid. The flights to greece are still pricey as the weather is good. If it had been November or December then I'd have done it for sure, just have to do Bayern instead.
Just looked €170 return from here,arrive midday weds back thurs morning ,Hmmmmm,and the early KO as well,couldnt have made it any more shit foe me being so early in sept.I am pondering.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Just looked €170 return from here,arrive midday weds back thurs morning ,Hmmmmm,and the early KO as well,couldnt have made it any more shit foe me being so early in sept.I am pondering.
I've just had the best part of a month off work and being self employed I don't get holiday pay so its proper fucked me. Just not financially possible.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I love seeing Chelsea and Liverpool lose

Good on you, Fernando, getting that second goal today.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Meanwhile ross barkley does his bit to silence the racist trolls at the bridge

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Wembley will host the 2023 Champions League final, it's just been announced.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
UEFA has banned Red Star Belgrade fans from buying tickets for their Champions League match at Tottenham as a punishment for racism. Red Star will now not be able to sell tickets for the Group B game at Spurs in London on October 22,

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
UEFA has banned Red Star Belgrade fans from buying tickets for their Champions League match at Tottenham as a punishment for racism. Red Star will now not be able to sell tickets for the Group B game at Spurs in London on October 22,
That'll be a amazing atmosphere then...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Firstly Co-efficient is shooting up after another out of the group stages season,downside is,we have to qualify for CL to make this slight advantage count,europa league being 1 st or 2nd seeded you still get 2 teams of parsnip farmers from slovakia or hotdog fc from germany.

Speaking of progressing to the knock out stages so far we could be for sure drawn against;PSG&Juve, and highly likely barca&RB leipzig, and could be valencia or ajax and a faint chance of Napoli though that would be almost certain if they win at livarpool tonight.Guess the big dog in the room is Barca,most of the others we have a fighting chance (we do vs barca it is knockout!),but we`d all take RB Leipzig.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Napoli fans in Liverpool.clearly off to play a quick round of golf before the match tonight!

Jokes aside,HTF do you get away with that.

EKZQ3kOW4AAEyO0