By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions League 2019/20

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I watched Leipzig this morning against Dortmund. They were gifted two goals and looked very dodgy at the back.

Very beatable opponent in my opinion.

The Bundesliga is entertaining but has a lot of teams that are really bad at being able to actually play controlled, patient football.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The Bundesliga is entertaining but has a lot of teams that are really bad at being able to actually play controlled, patient football.

Yeah, I am finding myself watching more and more of it. It's end to end stuff. Virtually every team goes for it. None of them sit back.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Yeah, I am finding myself watching more and more of it. It's end to end stuff. Virtually every team goes for it. None of them sit back.

Yeah, it's as if there's a rule that says if you take more than ten passes to score, it doesn't count. There's almost no team that always gets back into shape quickly and stays in a low or mid block, so there's always space to play and run into.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I watched Leipzig this morning against Dortmund. They were gifted two goals and looked very dodgy at the back.

Think they’re 10 points clear in the bundesliga though, so treat them with a bit of respect as well

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Think they’re 10 points clear in the bundesliga though, so treat them with a bit of respect as well

3 points clear having played an extra game.

Yes, respect them but don't give them too much credit. They're good but not great. Yussuf Poulsen is their second striker which tells you that they aren't exactly world-beaters. That guy wouldn't even get into our squad.

Dortmund battered them today and Leipzig were very lucky to get anything from it. I like our chances.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
3 points clear having played an extra game.

Yes, respect them but don't give them too much credit. They're good but not great. Yussuf Poulsen is their second striker which tells you that they aren't exactly world-beaters. That guy wouldn't even get into our squad.

Dortmund battered them today and Leipzig were very lucky to get anything from it. I like our chances.
I like our chances too, it was a great draw but I’m not taking them for granted.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Wow, Monterrey got done dirty. That's what you get for leaving out Janssen.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

Before yesterday they had the best defensive record in the Bundesliga though. Granted it's not a great defensive league as others have said. I suspect this tie will be the unveiling of Jose ball, like United did against Ajax in the Europa LEague.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We've got the front line to be anyone..... absolutely anyone on our day...

It's our ability to give them the ball in effective areas and then defend when we dont have the ball....

I think the midfield is absolutely critical becuse it 100% affects both ends of the pitch...

We need a new worldie sat in front of the defence who will protect and fill in when our fullbacks venture forwards and also someone to recycle the ball forwards giving the front 4 the opportunity to attack with pace for a full 90 mins.

Yep I just spent about 120 million on 2 players but that would change us immeasurably.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
We've got the front line to be anyone..... absolutely anyone on our day...

It's our ability to give them the ball in effective areas and then defend when we dont have the ball....

I think the midfield is absolutely critical becuse it 100% affects both ends of the pitch...

We need a new worldie sat in front of the defence who will protect and fill in when our fullbacks venture forwards and also someone to recycle the ball forwards giving the front 4 the opportunity to attack with pace for a full 90 mins.

Yep I just spent about 120 million on 2 players but that would change us immeasurably.

I am still hoping that N'dombele is that guy.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am still hoping that N'dombele is that guy.
Strange to say,I think he is too mobile for a sole DM role,same with sissoko.I reckon he wants a fairly static holds position,wins the ball and gives it simply player,Ndombele is too good and ambitious for that role??Can he be the player who flits between the attacking midfield and DM,certainly,if he can sort these niggling injuries out.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Strange to say,I think he is too mobile for a sole DM role,same with sissoko.I reckon he wants a fairly static holds position,wins the ball and gives it simply player,Ndombele is too good and ambitious for that role??Can he be the player who flits between the attacking midfield and DM,certainly,if he can sort these niggling injuries out.
I'd say its fitness thats getting him injured.... he has never looked up to pace.

He has it all on the ball, and I think you and Crypt are right... he could be that guy, but he needs to be fitter.

As for that DM role.... i say we spunk 90 million on a fucking game changer.

Dont care anymore.

Bankrupt but Prem champions.... I'll take it...!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm hoping that N'Dombele is our Kante, right? If not him then Sissoko becomes our Kante and N'Dombele becomes more attacking, like a Roy Keane type player

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Looking back was Sandro any good, or just a crowd favourite? Bit like Scotty Parker....
Imo he saved us being relegated. He wasnt brilliant, but he added real bite and a defensive shield tonour flakey as fuck defence. Scotty P also controlled the pase of games without making any significant impact.... steady players who did their jobs well but also had limitations.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Looking back was Sandro any good, or just a crowd favourite? Bit like Scotty Parker....
I loved Blood Spinner and the Beast. Nothing flash, just solid players, Did you know that Scotty is 5th in the all time PL yellow card table? 91 PL yellow cards, 1 every 322 minutes of play. Shame he didn't play a bit longer in the PL he could have joined Gareth Barry. Lee Bowyer and Paul Scholes in the 100 Yellows Club.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Scotty P is also doing well as Fulham’s manager and Josh Onomah scored for them yesterday. Everyone likes Fulham don’t they? Where’s Sandro these days.....?

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
He wasn't really very good, but a bit mad, and lots of fun. I've got a soft spot for these marginal types with a strong personality. BAE was another one. Rose might be in that category now as well. The world needs good footballers who've got a bit more about them than just football.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
From the BBC Sport website:

Daniel Price: How dare Atletico Madrid have a game plan and execute it perfectly. The reaction to the game last night by some of those involved and the fans is why many neutrals don't like Liverpool.

Spot on.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Man Utd consider Rangnick & Henrique for technical director

The Independent

Ralf Rangnick succeeded Julian Nagelsmann as the RB Leipzig coach and the former Schalke and Hoffenheim boss is now head of sport for the Red Bull organisation.
And the Independent reports that Manchester United are considering Rangnick and former Paris St-Germain sporting director Antero Henrique
for the role of technical director at Old Trafford.

Also:
Arsenal & Barca interested in Upamecano?
Dayot Upamecano may be unable to play for RB Leipzig later but could he be returning to London in the summer?
The French defender, 21, claims he is being "courted", with Arsenal and Barcelona
among his suitors.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
I heard today that so far this year Crystal Palace have scored 15 goals whilst playing in London
Bayern Munich have scored 10 in London but in 2 games

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
They could have gone down early to Lyon and PSG, but they didn’t.

I thought Neuer should have gotten MOTM. Without him they would have lost

Reactions: Yid