By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chavs (PL) H Tomorrow teatime (or today if reading tomorrow, yesterday if reading Monday...)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Had to be that cunt didn't it...

I don't think results against these cunts will define our season...

Think more Wolves, West Brom and maybe even Norwich...

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Oh well, got what I thought we’d get, nothing. Showed some promise and ambition for 25 mins but the rest was all very samey. Few options for the ball carrier, passing was poor, 2nd half was men against boys.

Pains me to say it but they’re a very good side and I’d be very surprised if they don’t win the title. Reality for us, is I’d be surprised if we finish in the top 8.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Just noticed this on the BBC website and it certainly rings true at the moment ..
That 3-0 at Palace last week looking less like a bad day and like the level this team is at.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
6 goals conceded in 2 games and we’ve scored 1 goal from open play.. not being filled with confidence under Nuno so far I’ll be honest.

Early days though….

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Were being ripped apart in the post game commentary....

And rightly fucking so.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
A few things of concern....As was pointed out, Why was Romero taken off for another CH when we're 0-2 down ? Why was Kane on the left and also so deep ? Why are so many players way off match fitness ? The movement was none existent. Why does Dele continue to start ? I don't know what he offers, if somebody does, enlighten me. This for me, is down to the manager. These are coaching issues for me. Dare I say it, but we also have a No 10 who's not at it at all. He doesn't care. It's looking more and more evident...Tough times ahead me thinks...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
A few things of concern....As was pointed out, Why was Romero taken off for another CH when we're 0-2 down ? Why was Kane on the left and also so deep ? Why are so many players way off match fitness ? The movement was none existent. Why does Dele continue to start ? I don't know what he offers, if somebody does, enlighten me. This for me, is down to the manager. These are coaching issues for me. Dare I say it, but we also have a No 10 who's not at it at all. He doesn't care. It's looking more and more evident...Tough times ahead me thinks...
5th choice...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

5th choice or essentially "no other choice" ?

Considering who we're supposed to have shown an interest in who either didn't even want to speak to us or turned us down, was it more of a case of "Oh well, he's the only one left with Premiership experience" ?

I'm honestly wondering now how bad Fonseca really could have been ..

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Perhaps Nuno is easier to sack once Poch becomes available 😂😂😂

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Perhaps Nuno is easier to sack once Poch becomes available 😂😂😂
Your not the first who has mentioned this...

For the record, I like Nuno. I don't think he will be given the opportunity to succeed with Spurs and ultimately I don't think his career will be judged by his time with us, because he is on a hiding to nothing.

He has a tough gig and if he somehow manages to drag this team to a respectable league position and retain his job it will be testimony to how good he actually is and we will yet again have been lucky as fuck to have had him.

If he ultimately fails to pull a glittering unicorn out of his arse hole every fucking weekend then I won't be judging him too harshly.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

The only way Nuno gets sacked is if we're in real danger of relegation, otherwise he's here for the duration.

He'll be given as much rope as necessary to try and get a tune out of the squad and hopefully achieve something, even if it is "only" European qualification next season.

Sacking him would be a P.R. disaster that the club would likely never recover from, although Levy would probably just style it out and adopt the usual attitude of "So what?".

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The only way Nuno gets sacked is if we're in real danger of relegation, otherwise he's here for the duration.

He'll be given as much rope as necessary to try and get a tune out of the squad and hopefully achieve something, even if it is "only" European qualification next season.

Sacking him would be a P.R. disaster that the club would likely never recover from, although Levy would probably just style it out and adopt the usual attitude of "So what?".
Why do you think Patrici was brought in...?

Nuno and Patrici are strategic buffers who will ultimately swing before anything lands of Levys chin...

The manis an absolute stain.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Your not the first who has mentioned this...

For the record, I like Nuno. I don't think he will be given the opportunity to succeed with Spurs and ultimately I don't think his career will be judged by his time with us, because he is on a hiding to nothing.

He has a tough gig and if he somehow manages to drag this team to a respectable league position and retain his job it will be testimony to how good he actually is and we will yet again have been lucky as fuck to have had him.

If he ultimately fails to pull a glittering unicorn out of his arse hole every fucking weekend then I won't be judging him too harshly.
Agreed. There's potential in this squad, but we are miles away from the likes of the Chavs, as we saw in the second half. And we know that Levy would rather sack managers than back them when the choice presents itself.

Way too early to judge Nuno right now (and I'd imagine Levy would agree) but we're a couple of bad results from things getting toxic again.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Just noticed this on the BBC website and it certainly rings true at the moment ..
No. Crystal Palace was worse.
Reason being, today I didn't have to get up at 4:30 am to watch another debacle. 🤪

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I suppose we have to be encouraged by that first half. It shows that they can do it if they want to, maybe Nuno should stop them drinking Ovaltine at half-time because all the energy and pressure applied to the Chavs, who are without doubt a bunch of cunts, no sorry, I meant a good team, was missing. Looking at the bright side, we have at last seen a properly good 45 minutes of football from our team and hopefully Nuno can build on that so one day we might even get a whole 90 minutes?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I went again yesterday, not sure why we always get beaten by that rotten, nasty cheap club with their vile racist plastic fans. We worked very hard and played very well for 45 minutes against a very good team, probably the best in the league, who have a very good manager. Then we switched off for the first 10 minutes of the second half and got badly beaten in the end.

Positives from the first half and badly second best in the second. I'm not sure that Nuno knows his best starting XI or best tactics yet. Certainly whilst Fat Belly looked good in flashes, he's in the wrong league, Skipp should start at the moment alongside Hojbjerg. Dele is ineffective in that wide position play him as a 10. Emerson got beaten up by the sickly Alonso, but he's young, like Tanganga was last season. Romero looked decent, Nuno could play 3 at the back if he wanted and use attacking full backs - Reguilon's best position.

If we play like we did in the first half, we'll beat most teams. Chelsea are a bit too good unfortuantely and Teuchel knew what to fix at half time.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Took me a day to get over it as always. We need to turn that first half pressure into goals, as Chelski did in the second half.

We looked like the original Pochettino Spurs in the first 15 minutes, really pressing, but the guys don't look fit enough to me. They were all blowing out their arses after 60 mins (bit rich coming from me sitting watching hanging out my hole).
Couple of passengers in the game didn't help.

One of the things I really liked in the first half was we were skipping players, playing that daring ball across the park. Went back to rugby tactics second half, but something to work on.

Next match is the big one. Win that and it'll send us on a run. Lose and fuck knows where we'll end up.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Took me a day to get over it as always. We need to turn that first half pressure into goals, as Chelski did in the second half.

We looked like the original Pochettino Spurs in the first 15 minutes, really pressing, but the guys don't look fit enough to me. They were all blowing out their arses after 60 mins (bit rich coming from me sitting watching hanging out my hole).

One of the things I really liked in the first half was we were skipping players, playing that daring ball across the park. Went back to rugby tactics second half, but something to work on.

Next match is the big one. Win that and it'll send us on a run. Lose and fuck knows where we'll end up.
Yep, we need to beat Wolves on Wednesday, the League Cup has to be the easiest one to win and a shiney in the cabinet could do wonders for the team moral next season. I know you actually meant the Goons next Sunday, but that will be piss easy after thumping Wolves by loads, they'll all be ready to give Woolwich the thumping they deserve, maybe we'll even see some 90% effort for 60 or 70 minutes?

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

Couldn't agree more mate.

The fitness drop off was incredible, whereas Chelsea were buzzing all over the pitch in that 2nd half. We were largely chasing shadows. One tactical change it took to totally dominate that 2nd half.

Trying to be more positive, then yeah that 1st half, especially the first period of the 1st half, we looked decent and the passing through their lines was actually really enjoyable to watch, took me back to the good old days under Poch. I think that was largely down to the Chavs only really having 2 in midfield, so it was easier to play through them but still a vast improvement.

I just want us to be braver on the ball, stop with this nonsense of collecting the ball off the cbs, whilst standing right next door to them. Get Fat belly fit, so he can actually see out 90 mins. Get Harry motivated and in the box where he can actually score goals, and talking of goals, it’d be nice if the other forward players could chip in, outside of Kane and Son. The scoring stats of the likes of Bergwijn, Moura, Alli, GLC are shocking.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Couldn't agree more mate.

The fitness drop off was incredible, whereas Chelsea were buzzing all over the pitch in that 2nd half. We were largely chasing shadows. One tactical change it took to totally dominate that 2nd half.

Trying to be more positive, then yeah that 1st half, especially the first period of the 1st half, we looked decent and the passing through their lines was actually really enjoyable to watch, took me back to the good old days under Poch. I think that was largely down to the Chavs only really having 2 in midfield, so it was easier to play through them but still a vast improvement.

I just want us to be braver on the ball, stop with this nonsense of collecting the ball off the cbs, whilst standing right next door to them. Get Fat belly fit, so he can actually see out 90 mins. Get Harry motivated and in the box where he can actually score goals, and talking of goals, it’d be nice if the other forward players could chip in, outside of Kane and Son. The scoring stats of the likes of Bergwijn, Moura, Alli, GLC are shocking.
... and Delly what has happened to that bloke? He scored 18 PL goals in that very nice 2017 season, those were the days eh? Poch in charge, Harry Kane banging in 29 PL goals, 14 for Sonny, Christian Eriksen, Kyle Walker, Toby and Jan, Moussa - even Danny Rose scored 2 that season. If only we had beaten the fucking chavs and the pikeys twice instead of once, we would have won the league!

To be fair to Delly he has scored a third of all our PL goals so far this season.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
... and Delly what has happened to that bloke? He scored 18 PL goals in that very nice 2017 season, those were the days eh? Poch in charge, Harry Kane banging in 29 PL goals, 14 for Sonny, Christian Eriksen, Kyle Walker, Toby and Jan, Moussa - even Danny Rose scored 2 that season. If only we had beaten the fucking chavs and the pikeys twice instead of once, we would have won the league!

To be fair to Delly he has scored a third of all our PL goals so far this season.
Del Boy, that’s what he resembles these days mate! I don’t actually remember what his all round game was like back in those good old days. I always remember him be so great at ghosting into the box and banging in the goals but don’t really remember what his passing was like.

The stats are horrific for the supporting cast up top, think i read…
Alli - 1 in 29 from open play in the pl
Bergwijn - 1 in 52 in all comps
Moura - 0 goals in his last 20 in all comps
GLC - 1 in 49 in the pl (Has he even played 49 pl games?)

So much improvement to be made to even make top 8. Makes me so sad, looking at that team and what we’ve now got.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Del Boy, that’s what he resembles these days mate! I don’t actually remember what his all round game was like back in those good old days. I always remember him be so great at ghosting into the box and banging in the goals but don’t really remember what his passing was like.

So much improvement to be made to even make top 8. Makes me so sad, looking at that team and what we’ve now got.
Stadium effect? we're the new Arsenal.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Stadium effect? we're the new Arsenal.
We really are!

I’m just shocked at the stats of our forward players. Between Ndombele, Moura, Alli, Bergwijn and GLC, last season, they added 10 assists and 8 goals between them. That’s absolute garbage. Hjobjerg, our DM, with 4, had more assists than any of that lot, barring Moura, who also had 4. Serge had 5!

We’ve blown around £130 million on that lot, and we’re getting very little in return. 🤬

It’s about time they started to deliver.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

His passing game was summed up by the little outside of the boot pass that put Lucas through for the winner that night in Amsterdam. Which only highlights how much he's fallen, though I still hold out hope that he'll make a resurgence.

I don't fault the effort of any of the players you've listed, I just think our system is making demands on them they can't meet. None (barring I guess Lucas) is the sort of player to create their own chances--they need someone to put them through. We've never even come close to replacing Eriksen, a proper playmaker, someone who can dictate the play in the final third.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
His passing game was summed up by the little outside of the boot pass that put Lucas through for the winner that night in Amsterdam. Which only highlights how much he's fallen, though I still hold out hope that he'll make a resurgence.

I don't fault the effort of any of the players you've listed, I just think our system is making demands on them they can't meet. None (barring I guess Lucas) is the sort of player to create their own chances--they need someone to put them through. We've never even come close to replacing Eriksen, a proper playmaker, someone who can dictate the play in the final third.

Effort should be a given mate, it’s the minimum you’d expect from a footballer earning the crazy amounts they do.

If you’re a decent footballer, then systems shouldn’t make a vast difference to how you play the game. It’s still about passing and moving. Surely you should be able to adapt your game to whatever system you’re playing?

I’d love to believe Alli will come good again but I don’t really share your optimism, the guy’s been pony since he had that purple patch when Mourinho first joined. I don’t know mate, I don’t get to see a lot of our games but when I do, he just looks a bit wooden, tends to lose the ball a lot, his little flicks and tricks rarely come off. I just don’t get that excitement of seeing his name on the team sheet like I used too. GLC’s the one that’s most disappointing, I’d go as far as to see he’s useless, I don’t know what he does. Bergwijn has plenty of gas but very raw. Moura can look a world beater for a few games, then disappears for a few.

Whether this lot are supposed to be creators or finishers, they’re not doing a good job of either.

Ideally I wanna see Harry, Sonny and Gil as a front 3 with Tanguy behind them.

Of course you’re right though, losing Eriksen and Dembele has diminished our creative powers massively.

Last edited:
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Yep, we need to beat Wolves on Wednesday, the League Cup has to be the easiest one to win and a shiney in the cabinet could do wonders for the team moral next season. I know you actually meant the Goons next Sunday, but that will be piss easy after thumping Wolves by loads, they'll all be ready to give Woolwich the thumping they deserve, maybe we'll even see some 90% effort for 60 or 70 minutes?

Absolutely right didn't have a clue we had to play wolves first... Beat them easy as you said so now onto the real battle!!