By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea (A) PL 20:00 Wed 27th February 2019

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
What the actual hell is happening? Kane comes back and now we are complete shit? We are in real danger of dropping out of the top four if this keeps up. Lack of a quality midfield was badly exposed in this one.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I don't think that Pochettino got his subs right today. Lamela should never have come off. He is one of the fresher players in the squad and was having a good game. Eriksen was pants in the final third and perhaps could have dropped deeper, with Winks coming off and Moura on a little bit earlier.

JMTC anyway.

Last edited:
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
What the actual hell is happening? Kane comes back and now we are complete shit? We are in real danger of dropping out of the top four if this keeps up. Lack of a quality midfield was badly exposed in this one.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Kane being back mate, taking away the Dortmund 2nd half, we've been pretty poor since losing to Utd when we should've put 4 or 5 past 'em. We were fortunate against Fulham, pretty rubbish against Palace, got away with it a little against Watford, Newcastle and Leicester, garbage against Burnley and again tonight. There's no cutting edge whatsoever in the final third. Saturday is now massive, we lose that we're in a real dogfight for top 4, if we're not already.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I’m not sure what’s going on, but we’re struggling amongst the group for some reason. We look like a team with a virus in the last two games. Not sure whether Kane’s return has upset the shape or rhythm, but we got out worked again tonight and couldn’t get anything going forward. Eriksen is missing something, maybe Dele? Tripps just a horrible season and Son has gone missing playing second fiddle to Sir Harry. Poch has a tough task, but need to turn this round, even though Chelsea played relatively well, we have them the second half.

Have two days before Arsenal to fix whatever it is. Because that really is a ‘must win game’. No doubt about that. COYS.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Probably one of the worst games I've seen Eriksen play in terms of give aways in horrible positions. Don't really understand what Toby was doing on the Pedro goal, his positioning and body shape seemed like he was playing as if Pedro was more dangerous getting to the byline than he actually ever would be coming in on to his left. It was a pretty hectic and messy game and relatively even - our team really paid for bad positioning from a good piece of play by them.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
'Complete shit'? - bollocks. OK, we are going through an iffy phase, but for fuck's sake let's not get into the other place style of team bashing eh

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
That wasn't very good, again... been looking sluggish for a while with all the injuries but the returning players needed to hit the ground running on return too.

Whatever happens Saturday and next Tuesday I've felt for a while we need a big summer ahead of us if we really want this team to challenge. For me the biggest thing we need is a genuine Dembele replacement as winks and sissoko just ain't at that level. Dare I say it but if a good offer comes for Sissoko and theres better on the market then id move him on whilst his stock is high too. The worry is Toby and Eriksen situations as they'd be hard to replace. If Real want Eriksen then we could try for Isco in the deal but that highly unlikely to happen.

I'm just a bit meh about things now. Please can we beat arsenal on Saturday, anyway will do.

I feel this has been the strangest season in my life to be honest, no signings and no stadium made it an annoying start, but we cracked on and got the wins even when playing poor. The November we start actually playing climb the table and make the weakest title challenge ever, get to next stage of cl. We've had record number of points this season at certain stages but just hasn't felt like it. Again I think the quality of play has been worse than our position shows and again the of signings and home stadium hasn't helped. I feel lost this morning wtf spurs.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
That wasn't very good, again... been looking sluggish for a while with all the injuries but the returning players needed to hit the ground running on return too.
Whatever happens Saturday and next Tuesday I've felt for a while we need a big summer ahead of us if we really want this team to challenge. For me the biggest thing we need is a genuine Dembele replacement as winks and sissoko just ain't at that level. Dare I say it but if a good offer comes for Sissoko and theres better on the market then id move him on whilst his stock is high too. The worry is Toby and Eriksen situations as they'd be hard to replace. If Real want Eriksen then we could try for Isco in the deal but that highly unlikely to happen.
I'm just a bit meh about things now. Please can we beat arsenal on Saturday, anyway will do.
I feel this has been the strangest season in my life to be honest, no signings and no stadium made it an annoying start, but we cracked on and got the wins even when playing poor. The November we start actually playing climb the table and make the weakest title challenge ever, get to next stage of cl. We've had record number of points this season at certain stages but just hasn't felt like it. Again I think the quality of play has been worse than our position shows and again the of signings and home stadium hasn't helped. I feel lost this morning wtf spurs.
Yeah totally get where you’re coming from mate. You look at the season so far, we’ve played really well in periods of isolation, the odd game here and there, maybe a couple on the bounce but in the most part we’ve really had to scrap for results or rely on moments of individual quality. It just feels our play is a little slow, all this passing side to side and backwards, there doesn’t seem to be much forward momentum to our play at the moment.

Last night the one thing that stood out, was how static we were, there was so little movement off the ball, Chelsea and Burnley were both very well setup and disciplined and that is very hard to break down but you need movement, we got into the final third and then just went back and from to side to side, rather than someone offering runs ahead of the ball carrier and dragging defenders out of position. We do miss Dembele but most of all Alli, he has such a great understanding with Kane and more importantly Eriksen. Saturday is huge!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Only watched the first half due to work duties, but a few things I noticed.

1. As already mentioned we aren't shooting. I mean their sub keeper had to play due to the shit show the other night. Test the fucking guy for frig sake. Only takes a fumble from being a bit rusty.

2. We are not attacking the box. Son
Put a nice one across the penalty spot n no one was there at all.

3. Those fucking corners. I know stats says we have scored a few to be fair, but at one point kane was being marked by kante, and eriksen went short. I mean shit kane wouldn't have even had to jump to win that.

Really disappointing result, and what sounds like another laboured affair (2nd half). We have lost our fight it seems at the minute. This is worrying as the position we had ourselves in, aggressive, paced football should have been at an all time high. Now we need to continue the fight with the teams below us rather than above. It's been a poor show for a while now. These lads need to buck up their ideas, as end of the season they are gonna want to move on to 'win things' when really they could have fought harder and won something this year.

Strange season. I'm with @Liam. We are doing well on paper but by fuck it's been a frustrating season to support. Think the stadium fiasco doubles the frustrations though.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
'Complete shit'? - bollocks. OK, we are going through an iffy phase, but for fuck's sake let's not get into the other place style of team bashing eh

Not bashing at all. I don't know. We couldn't pass. Our sense of awareness was iffy at best. Our intensity was lacking at kickoff. It was certainly not a good performance against a tired team. While the result was always a strong possibility, the way we played was rather concerning. Just my humble opinion.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
My tuppence worth,sanchez,davies,winks,did alright,kane and sissoko did ok,toby,trippier&hugo were meh,Son looked knackered and didnt figure and lamela was very poor and eriksen worse,or our worse player on the night.Thats 2 games we havent really fought now,I know Dier gets a lot of flack,but at least he would have kicked a few out of frustration.Its so annoying those are 2 teams we could easily have beaten if we had stepped up.But shit happens,everyone loses their mojo for a spell and we have currently,but although eriksen and Kane ,son have underwhelmed for 2 games,cream always rises to the top and no better motivation needed to return there than saturdays match.A game like last night we missed dembele who even if not making shit happen directly,holding the ball and stabalising possession in midfield would have been better,too often we merely kept the ball by going backwards.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
'too often we merely kept the ball by going backwards'

^^ My biggest gripe in comparison with Liverpool and City, who when going forward, are quick and incisive, almost always getting some form of shot off. We tend to get to the final third and go sideways, allowing the opposition defence time to regroup and get organised.

I know these are great times, consistently at the top table over the last 5 years and a new stadium almost complete, but either our ability and mentality have changed or it hasn't. We've had examples of both. Two games won't define the season, it was unlikely we were going to win the league up against Liverpool and City, but lose to Arsenal on Saturday as well, and that would be Spursy. The players need to help Poch and Vice versa.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Yeah they didn’t even have to play well to beat us which pissed me off.both teams passing was shocking at times and we seemed to play at completely the wrong pace,let’s not forget they’ve just came off 120 mins and penos we should have jumped on them early

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
My tuppence worth,sanchez,davies,winks,did alright,kane and sissoko did ok,toby,trippier&hugo were meh,Son looked knackered and didnt figure and lamela was very poor and eriksen worse,or our worse player on the night.Thats 2 games we havent really fought now,I know Dier gets a lot of flack,but at least he would have kicked a few out of frustration.Its so annoying those are 2 teams we could easily have beaten if we had stepped up.But shit happens,everyone loses their mojo for a spell and we have currently,but although eriksen and Kane ,son have underwhelmed for 2 games,cream always rises to the top and no better motivation needed to return there than saturdays match.A game like last night we missed dembele who even if not making shit happen directly,holding the ball and stabalising possession in midfield would have been better,too often we merely kept the ball by going backwards.

Mate, that is unduly harsh on Lamela. He was the only player in midfield who did a decent job defensively and the only guy who looked to advance the ball when he had it. His breakup play was superb and he man-marked the overrated Brazilian (not Willian, the other clown) out of the game for much of the night.

I personally though his game was very good.

Tackles - 4 (Winks, Eriksen, Sissoko and Son had 5 between them)
Successful dribbles - 3 (most for either team)
Key passes - 2 (only Kane with 3 had more for either team)

And he only played 69 minutes. He did his job.

Eriksen on the hand, at the risk of being absolutely mugged on here, can be a very vanilla footballer at times. I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a flat track bully but he often goes missing when we need him the most.

Last edited:
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
'too often we merely kept the ball by going backwards'

^^ My biggest gripe in comparison with Liverpool and City, who when going forward, are quick and incisive, almost always getting some form of shot off. We tend to get to the final third and go sideways, allowing the opposition defence time to regroup and get organised.

I know these are great times, consistently at the top table over the last 5 years and a new stadium almost complete, but either our ability and mentality have changed or it hasn't. We've had examples of both. Two games won't define the season, it was unlikely we were going to win the league up against Liverpool and City, but lose to Arsenal on Saturday as well, and that would be Spursy. The players need to help Poch and Vice versa.

It went a little under the media's radio, but a few weeks ago we signed AVB as our strategic tactician.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mate, that is unduly harsh on Lamela. He was the only player in midfield who did a decent job defensively and the only guy who looked to advance the ball when he had it. His breakup play was superb and he man-marked the overrated Brazilian (not Willian, the other clown) out of the game for much of the night.

I personally though his game was very good.

Tackles - 4 (Winks, Eriksen, Sissoko and Son had 5 between them)
Successful dribbles - 3 (most for either team)
Key passes - 2 (only Kane with 3 had more for either team)

And he only played 69 minutes. He did his job.

Eriksen on the hand, at the risk of being absolutely mugged on here, can be a very vanilla footballer at times. I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a flat track bully but he often goes missing when we need him the most.
maybe im too focused on the times he got caught with the ball,yes he offers us more defensively,eriksen normally does a good job,but his energy seemed down,head turned or just a bad few games??I would have subbed eriksen before lamela,and put Kane deeper to llorente or son.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
C'mon guys, "strategic tactician"? Really?!

Maybe I should have added a little smiley winkie at the end.

Sorry if the post caused you any distress.

PS should have read as "media's radar".

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

I enjoyed it, it is the sort of interesting news snippet my fabulously wealthy Nigerian prince uncle would send me. Anybody want to buy a bridge?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

You cunt, I was telling some gooner pals I'd read on the web we had him back...