By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea H Beatallthelondonteams cup SF 1st leg 20.00 Tues Jan 8th 2019

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Majority of the game I thought the same, but when Poch got a hold of him 25 mins from the end and told him to play a holding role I thought he was very good. I guess the thing with Alli is if he's on the park a wee moment of magic can happen.

To be honest though I said to my brother after. Did we even have one good passage of play in the whole game?!
I agree on the Dele point. I think he’s matured (at 22!!) into a fantastic footballer. On the passage of play thing, we pretty quickly settled into playing counter-attack football like an away team, generally overrun in midfield.

In the league game in November, we tore into Chelsea from the first whistle, pressing them all over the pitch, forcing mistakes. They learnt quickly from that and subsequently we have had a game every 3 days. This was always going to be much closer.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I agree on the Dele point. I think he’s matured (at 22!!) into a fantastic footballer. On the passage of play thing, we pretty quickly settled into playing counter-attack football like an away team, generally overrun in midfield.

In the league game in November, we tore into Chelsea from the first whistle, pressing them all over the pitch, forcing mistakes. They learnt quickly from that and subsequently we have had a game every 3 days. This was always going to be much closer.
Yeah no I think we gambled a bit on the energy used and managed to get by (just about!). I'm expecting a storm against man united with Pogba on his hoop alot of the game as Sissoko man handles him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah no I think we gambled a bit on the energy used and managed to get by (just about!). I'm expecting a storm against man united with Pogba on his hoop alot of the game as Sissoko man handles him.
To be fair for all their huffing and puffing,Gazza only had 2 saves to make,both from deflected crosses,it wasnt watching through your fingers stuff.We could have played another 90mins and they still wouldnt have scored.Partially because they sacrificed having a striker for winning the midfield through numbers.Did you notice most times they put a cross in the only player in the box was Kante,hardly going to win a header is he.
The only disappointing thing was we didnt counter as well as we normally do,but dele,son,eriksen disappointing as they were in the final 3rd,did a grand job battling it out in an overrun midfield.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Dele was a passenger.... i get the impression he was told to do a number on Jorginho and sacrifice his game. Son was also quiet and fed on scaps along with Kane...

But we won.
Jorginho is an absolute mug.

And Sarri can't manage a side for shit. Imagine sacrificing the best holding midfielder on the planet to accommodate that clown.

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alisvet