By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea H [PL] 16:00 Sun 19th August 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2018-08-20-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Chelsea.jpg

Time for revenge, they stole our title last year, so it's clobbering time!

Not a 'must win' as some folks seem to think, how can the 2nd game of the season be a 'must win'? Dunno. But, possibly a season defining game, win this and we go 6 points clear of Chelsea and that would be very nice! We have shown by thumping Juventus that the so-called Wembley curse is a load of old doodahs, time to show the Premier league teams that our temporary home is just as much a fortress as the Lane was last year.

Tottenham 3 ( Kane x 2, Ali ) Chelsea 1 ( Courtois )

COYS!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
chelsea-bus.jpg

hope poch has consoled dier,as he now wont be able to kick shite out of fibreglass,in fact 5 of wembleys starters wont be playing for the chavs,so not so much revenge more of a chance to really put them in the media spotlight for all the wrong reasons-

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
This game can't come soon enough for me!! Just win.

On paper it should be easier with the players they have out but it's never as simple as that in reality. I'm pretty confident though and say 3-1 Kane Eriksen and Alli all to score.

COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Carpe Diem

Now is our time, just win.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Carpe Diem

Now is our time, just win.
Carpe fucking what? Yellow card mate, you can't be talking that foreign lingo in the new Britain, whatever next? You'll be saying people can openly buy olive oil and eat fucking croissants in front of children. The neanderthals will be kicking down your door and waving their anti-extremist flags in your face, fucking ironic or what eh?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Anyone going who has not received a new stadium access card needs to contact the ticket office your old card wont work at wembley.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
THST‏ @THSTOfficial 1h1 hour ago

To clarify, every pub in Wembley is a home pub on Sunday. There are no away pubs. Find a bar, order a drink, savour it. Go watch the game
1f44d-1f3fb.png
That's a bit naive though isn't it.....I'm guessing Chelsea get about 5-6000 tickets, they need a pub or two to meet and drink in as well, otherwise it has a chance of kicking off randomly all over the place.

Expect updates and reports from the Green Man!! A Chelsea pub before the Cup final this year....

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
That's a bit naive though isn't it.....I'm guessing Chelsea get about 5-6000 tickets, they need a pub or two to meet and drink in as well, otherwise it has a chance of kicking off randomly all over the place.

Expect updates and reports from the Green Man!! A Chelsea pub before the Cup final this year....
Was wondering if any chavski lot will turn up at the green man on sunday...

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Well if they do I'll be right behind you and Glen mate....!!
No mate, I'll be behind you.o_O

Let's just hope it doesn't kick off as can't be fucked with all that malarkey. If it does I'll have to look after myself. Think security will surely be prepared for it and the green man is a big ol' pub. I wouldn't want to be going in there looking to take on a few hundred fellas.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am sure stewarding/doormen/plod will be in place,away fans dont get designated pubs anywhere,and shouldnt whilst these are our home matches.Nothing like a nice low category risk match to test the theory!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Eden Hazard is set to return for Chelsea in Sunday's trip to Wembley to take on Tottenham.
Hazard has missed the whole of pre-season after fracturing his ankle while on international duty with Belgium at the start of the summer.
But he returned to play in a behind closed doors friendly against Queens Park Rangers on Thursday, report football.london.
Hazard came through the game unscathed and even scored during a comprehensive 8-0 victory.

New signing Tiemoue Bakayoko also featured in the clash, making his first appearance in a Chelsea shirt since signing from Monaco.
he midfielder has been sidelined following minor knee surgery at the end of last season.
And there are reports that there is a chance both could yet feature for Chelsea when they travel to Spurs for a key Premier league clash on Sunday at Wembley.
It would be a major boost for Antonio Conte, who is missing Gary Cahill and Cesc Fabregas through suspension after they were both sent off during last weekend’s shock home defeat by Burnley on the opening day of the new season.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Love the quotes about Wembley. Especially when he points out the pitch at St. James' Park is the same size as the Wembley pitch.
Yes it might very well be the same size, but the most important question is what flavour is it? Levy has been asked time and time again what the new WHL pitch will taste like but he has REFUSED to answer, just confirming my suspicions that he is a total tosser.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
COYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Can make a strong statement today,hopefully with the chavs in town,wembley will feel like home with some decent atmosphere,get a good result and all this wembley hoodoo bollox is finished.
We should,we are a class team defending,attacking and competing to have the right to make all the play.Not going to be easy they are backs to the wall,lets hope it hasnt focused them.Just stop willian and think they short of quality creatively with pedro,fabregas,hazard missing.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
COYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Can make a strong statement today,hopefully with the chavs in town,wembley will feel like home with some decent atmosphere,get a good result and all this wembley hoodoo bollox is finished.
We should,we are a class team defending,attacking and competing to have the right to make all the play.Not going to be easy they are backs to the wall,lets hope it hasnt focused them.Just stop willian and think they short of quality creatively with pedro,fabregas,hazard missing.
I think Hazard might be back. Just want to win this today don't care how.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Time to silence the fake news media. They are going to be grumpy as fuck when they can't print their Wembley Hoodoo bollox and will have to go back to plan B and report on how all our players are going to leave. They know this because Rose is a greedy, gobby git who can fuck off and I won't give a fuck. Of course when we win this they will be saying it was because the Champions were without their star players and 4 season wonder Harry Kane got lucky and Toby put in a great shift because he wanted to show his new club how good he was.

An impressive 3 or 4 goal thumping today would show the Premiership that we are coming for them and they would quiver in their boots, so a one goal win will do for me, no need to warn them of their coming doom and allow them to plan eh?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Nothing to do with Wembley. We battered Chelsea and individual mistakes cost us

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
So fucking frustrating! Worked so hard to get that thoroughly deserved equaliser, after what was an extremely stubborn and resilient performance from those wanky chav cunts.

Hugo I love you but I'm equally mad at you right now, almost as mad as Vic and Eric drove me thru the 1st half with the amount of passing back, when if they'd have just looked forward once in a while, they'd have seen teammates sitting in pockets of space behind their defensive lines.

Absolutely seething right now!