By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea H [PL] 20:00 Wed 4th January 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
q_2017-01-04-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Chelsea_zpsrl9sqcwv.png

Right, time to stop their run of wins and extend ours to 5! This could be a season defining game COYS!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I'd like to see our 4-2-3-1 formation of last season please Mr Poch. Including Eric and Mousa in tandem in midfield, Young Eric doesn't look as good as part of a back three.

The famous 5 are all available, Hugo, Kyle, Toby, Jan and Danny...so The rent boys can't score and we have our front 4 all on form.

I'm going and can hardly wait....biggest game of the year for the whole premier league so far, Huge, bigger than a wagon wheel. Just win lads.

boo

boo

Founding Member
The Chavs and their frigging Mafia money! Least they forget they're just a bloated Millwall! Dirty dirty Chavs!

boo

boo

Founding Member
Tottenham were impressive at Watford and they seem to have found a momentum now with Harry Kane and Dele Alli finding form. I have a feeling they will halt the Chelsea surge which has been so impressive. To win 13 games in a row is just fantastic but Chelsea have some hard fixtures on the horizon.

2-1 from Lawro

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
For once I'm very confident going into this game. We can do this lot on Wednesday and set ourselves up nicely for the rest of the month. Kane and Alli should be able to terrorise their defence and Eriksen seems to be zipping the ball abut with some aplomb. 3-1 to the Spurs!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Tottenham were impressive at Watford and they seem to have found a momentum now with Harry Kane and Dele Alli finding form. I have a feeling they will halt the Chelsea surge which has been so impressive. To win 13 games in a row is just fantastic but Chelsea have some hard fixtures on the horizon.

2-1 from Lawro
Shit, and there I was feeling optimistic.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Its only right and proper to let all those who don't already know...........

Lawro is a cunt.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Martin Atkinson is referee, he reffed our game against Everton earlier this season. Rarely gives a red card.....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anyone else on here going to this and fancy having a beer before the game? @ParkLaneMal will you be in the Gilpin? @Wotspur meet there?

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
Anyone else on here going to this and fancy having a beer before the game? @ParkLaneMal will you be in the Gilpin? @Wotspur meet there?
Sure am, Yid. Hope to be in the Gilpin just after 6 and leave about 7.15 to stop off for a Chinese takeaway at the Top Wok on route.
Going to be a tough one but the warm up at Watford will give the boys confidence. COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Sure am, Yid. Hope to be in the Gilpin just after 6 and leave about 7.15 to stop off for a Chinese takeaway at the Top Wok on route.
Going to be a tough one but the warm up at Watford will give the boys confidence. COYS
Good stuff, I'll PM you my mobile, see you there. I'll skip the chinese for a couple more shandies in the Brickies.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bollocks! Some of my favourite things there, beer , the Gilpin, going to WHL, thumping the chavs and Chinese fucking takeaway and beer.

I am working hard to get fit so I can do all of these things later in the year, except the chavs thumping of course, I will change that favourite thing to manure and scum thumping. I really want to make the NLD this year and I'm going to to be in N17 for the United game, ticket or not, ticker or not, nothing and nobody will stop me.

How about a song to the tune of 'My Favourite things' from the Sound of Music, sing it in your brain, not out loud or you might get sectioned:

Beer in the Gilpin and food from the Chinky*
Costa red carded because he is so stinky
David Luiz kicked right where it stings
These are a few of my favourite things

Beer on the train and more beer in the Brick
Fabregas made to look more like a prick**
Tottenham score 7 and chelsea nothing
These are a few of my favourite things

When the scum win or a numpty whines
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don't feel so sad​

* Probably not allowed to call it a Chinky these days? Sorry.
** Not actually possible, artistic licence eh?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...sea_from_equalling_arsenal_s_record_1_4835209
Harry Kane says Tottenham are determined to stop London rivals Chelsea from equalling Arsenal’s record of 14 consecutive Premier League victories when they host the league leaders tomorrow night.

Antonio Conte’s Blues have won their last 13 top-flight fixtures and another triumph in Wednesday’s derby at White Hart Lane would match the sequence achieved by Arsene Wenger’s Gunners back in 2002.

Asked if that is a motivating factor for Spurs, Kane said: “Definitely, we don’t want to be the team that lets them break that record. Of course we know, that’s in our mind - we were talking about it in the changing room after the game against Watford.

“We don’t want to be that team they break the record against so we’re fully focused. It’s going to be a great game and we’re excited for it.”

Chelsea ended Spurs’ title bid in May after coming back from two goals down to grab a draw at Stamford Bridge, so Mauricio Pochettino’s Lilywhites can gain a measure of revenge by halting the Blues’ winning run and damaging their own bid for the crown.

However, Kane said: “That game was a long time ago now, we’ve played them again since then. We’re at home, we’re under the lights, it’ll be a great atmosphere and we’ve been great at home this season so we want to take three points.

“We’re in better form than when we last played them [at Stamford Bridge in November] but they are probably as well - since then they’ve won every game.

“It’s going to be a great test for us, a great game. The atmosphere is going to be amazing, we’re excited for it and we’ll go into that game full of confidence.

“Sunday’s result (the 4-1 win at Watford) was the best possible start to the year. It was a tough game away from home but we wanted to start the year well and with a win. The way we played in that first half and killed it off in the second half, it was the perfect result.”

Tottenham go into their clash with Chelsea in strong form, having won six of their last seven games, most recently securing two consecutive 4-1 away wins at Southampton and Watford.

Asked if they have become a better side than last season, when they finished third, Kane said: “I think so yes, 100 per cent. We’re four points better off than at this stage last season and we’ve probably not played as well as we did last season either. It shows we’re on the right track.

“A lot of us are bigger, stronger, better and more experienced so hopefully we can continue that through the second half of the season.”

While Chelsea are in formidable form, Spurs can take heart from the fact that they beat their rivals at the Lane almost exactly two years ago, on New Year’s Day in 2015, when the Blues – then managed by Jose Mourinho – were en route to the title.

Kane played a big part in that victory , scoring two fine goals midway through his breakthrough season – and he admits that performance was an important moment in his career.

“Before that game I think I had scored goals against a few lesser teams in the league, and I was excited to see if I could mix it a bit against the best defenders,” said the striker.

“I think they had the best defence in the league at the time and that gave me a lot of confidence, knowing I could do it against the best. That was definitely a big point in my career that I look back on as propelling me forward.”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I would like to point out that as someone said on twitter,we put 5 past this lot with fazio in defence and bentaleb in midfield!!:D

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
I'm opting to start work at 6am tomorrow, just so I can finish early and get home and watch this game.

I never usually do the whole 'who I want to see play', but I really want to see Dier and Dembele back together in the middle of the field. Leave Dele, Christian, Harry and whoever gets the nod to roam free. I trust these lot know what this game means in every sense of the word. They know what to do and have been roaming about for the last few games and going where they want to go in a free roll. They track back when needed, close down space etc but more importantly, marking people who just go where the hell they feel like, make it incredibly hard for the opposition. It frees up space and pulls players out of positions. At least that's what I would like to see. Back line picks itself.

I feel nervous, but this type of game I always do. We are good enough to turn over these lot, but nothing is ever straight forward. I hope for a win, but if we can't beat them, make sure we get a point at least.

No friggin record is going to be broken using us. They can feck right off with that :mad:

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm opting to start work at 6am tomorrow, just so I can finish early and get home and watch this game.

I never usually do the whole 'who I want to see play', but I really want to see Dier and Dembele back together in the middle of the field. Leave Dele, Christian, Harry and whoever gets the nod to roam free. I trust these lot know what this game means in every sense of the word. They know what to do and have been roaming about for the last few games and going where they want to go in a free roll. They track back when needed, close down space etc but more importantly, marking people who just go where the hell they feel like, make it incredibly hard for the opposition. It frees up space and pulls players out of positions. At least that's what I would like to see. Back line picks itself.

I feel nervous, but this type of game I always do. We are good enough to turn over these lot, but nothing is ever straight forward. I hope for a win, but if we can't beat them, make sure we get a point at least.

No friggin record is going to be broken using us. They can feck right off with that :mad:
Happy 2017 Florida

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Depends on what time I get up there, I'll give u a call. Gotta meet a couple of Sweaties in the Brikkies by 7 might be a tight schedule

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
At the start of the season, Man City went 10 games unbeaten , then what happened, they got mullered at WHL and despite Lamellar and Sons handbags and subsequent penalty miss, 2-0 still flattered em.
At Chelski, we were sure for the first 45 mins, as we were in the Battle of the Bridge , both games I was at........so tomorrow night, I'm feeling confident, it's only when Conte realised we didn't have a left back, but this gane we should have Kane Alli, Dembele, Dier Toby and lloris playing.....so bring it on and UP THE spurs !!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Anyone else want to see Dembele finish what he started on Fabregas?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I just want 3 points and no silly suspensions to be honest. If we can get a win here and have a good January the season is set for us to do well. Not set in stone of course as we'll still have to put in the performances but we'll be in a super duper position if we beat Chelsea and get something from City away too.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
No mate, that would be shocking! I want him to do it quietly in the car park after the game with no cameras or witnesses, that would do nicely.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So thanks to the referees association, we've been lumbered with Martin Atkinson. Now if this is not the biggest game, why have we got a guy, who a few seasons back, was involved in 5/10 worst decisions of the season, and who can't remember the 2nd and decisive ghost goal at Wembley, when with 3/4 players on the goal line, he decided "the whole of the ball was over the line" - least he can't screw up with that now......
Oh well, City started the season unbeaten we stopped their run, and now with our full squad, I can see us doing over them rent boys ......COYS

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Here's some interesting fact for you to cogitate about before tonight's match - be careful cogitating if you are at work or your wife is around, make sure you are locked away in the bathroom with plenty of tissues.
  • We have scored 19 goals in our 9 home games in the premier league so far this season, the chavs have scored 14 away goals in their 9 PL games
  • Us and the dippers are the only teams still unbeaten at home in the PL.
  • Both sides have only lost 2 games this season - joint best record in the PL with the dirty dippers.
  • The nasty chavs have nicked our best defence record by conceding 1 less than us, we will win that back tonight.
  • We need to win this and one more to equal our best run of wins in the PL, that was 6 in 2012 and 2016, once we have mulched the chavs and West Brom we can go for 7!
  • Victor Wanyama has played the most number of PL minutes for us this season and he will make Costa look like a little girl tonight.
  • Costa is a cunt, so is Fibreglass. David Luiz is also a cunt, and Cahill, he's a cunt as well, Willian obviously is a cunt, goes without saying that - in fact the only chav players who are not cunts in the history of their shabby club are: Scotty Parker, El Tel, Greavsie, Goddle, Billy Gallas and Gus Poyet - all the rest are cunts and this has been scientifically proven.
  • Their manager's name is the Italian for cunt, "lui è un conte" means 'he is a cunt' in proper Ingerlish talking.
  • Tottenham Hotspur were founded in 1882 and have a proud history of winning shiney-shineys sice 1901 , Chelsea FC started I think in 1997 and have fuck all history.
I can't get any work done today, I am too excited! I really, really want us to win this one, COYS!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I can't get any work done today, I am too excited! I really, really want us to win this one, COYS!
100% agree, huge game. I know it's irrational but it will spoil at least half of the year if we lose this game, I hate Chelsea and their fans as much as Arsenal.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Something that most have missed,is that we need 1 point, to be mathematically safe from relegation !! So let's hope we get the 3, but I'm betting on 1-1 or 2-2, after alll Martin ( Rowan) Atkinson is in charge, we could do with Baldricks cunning plan ( saw TR on the Shelf a few years back-thou he says he supports BristolCity now, as it's near where he lives ) he has affection for Spurs

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
100% agree, huge game. I know it's irrational but it will spoil at least half of the year if we lose this game, I hate Chelsea and their fans as much as Arsenal.
Yeah we gotta win this one. I'm fired up for it now, even been on twitter giving sky sports pundit Mario Melchiot shit for so bias on the telly box this morning! I really hope we beat these cunts now!!!