By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Christian Eriksen (with an E!!)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hasnt been at his best so far this year,but anyone not wanting him to sign a new deal needs a lobotomy and refilling their skull with skipjack tuna in sunflower oil

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tino-steps-in-over-christian-eriksen-contract
The Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has personally intervened to help ensure Christian Eriksen signs a new contract with the club.

Eriksen and his agent had been locked in talks with Spurs since March but a breakthrough has finally been made.

The Dane is close to signing a new four-year deal at White Hart Lane, worth around £70,000 a week, which will keep him at Tottenham until 2020 and extend his current commitment by two years.

It is understood negotiations were accelerated by Pochettino, who stepped in after growing concerned that the issue was becoming a distraction for his player.

Eriksen has been out of sorts so far this season and was particularly poor against Crystal Palace two weeks ago when Pochettino substituted him in the second half.

The midfielder had always been keen to stay at Tottenham, having pinned his hopes on playing in the Champions League. He bought a new house in London this summer and his girlfriend has recently started working in the capital.

The 24-year-old, however, rejected Spurs’ first offer of fresh terms, which came significantly below the club’s top earners.

Eriksen currently earns around £35,000 a week while Hugo Lloris, Erik Lamela and Mousa Dembélé are all paid around double that. Lloris, Pochettino’s captain and goalkeeper, is believed to earn around £80,000 a week.

Negotiations remained cordial throughout the summer but they had reached a stalemate last month, before Pochettino persuaded both sides they needed to come to a resolution.

While the basic terms have now been agreed, the formalities of the deal are still to be ironed out and an announcement is unlikely to come during the international break.

Pochettino’s intervention is another show of his increasing influence in off-field matters at Tottenham. The 44-year-old was made “manager” rather than “head coach” after signing a new five-year contract at the end of last season.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Interesting. Glad to hear that his contract is (or will be) sorted. If the 35 pw figure is right, that's pretty astonishing, unless he had a massive amount of incentives. Also good to see that Poch has this kind of influence.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Good. Yes he's been absolute pants so far this season but he's too good a player to not turn that around and when he is on form he's brilliant. Maybe he's missing Mousa a little bit.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I love Christain Ericcson and also that other bloke that plays for Spurs and takes a good free kick, he's very good as well.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
fXPRjG

Why the fuck won't images show properly...?

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Scored a great goal tonight but been gash in the 3 games so far but he's a top player

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...enham-contract-worth-75k-a-week-a3337561.html
Christian Eriksen was today on the brink of signing a new contract with Tottenham to bring an end to a year-long saga.

Eriksen has been in negotiations with Spurs since September last year but he was expected to agree a four-year deal today, worth about £75,000 per week.

Standard Sport reported last week that player and club were likely to conclude discussions before this weekend's game at Stoke, where Eriksen will hope to rediscover top form after a slow start to the season.

Eriksen, 24, was in talks with Spurs for much of last season, and the length of time the negotiations lasted gave hope to rival clubs. Had he not signed, Eriksen would have entered the final year of his contract at start of next season.
Juventus expressed an interest in taking the player to Serie A while Manchester United also showed admiration when Louis van Gaal was in charge. Paris Saint-Germain also asked to be kept informed of developments.

But Eriksen has decided to stay at White Hart Lane, which will delight manager Mauricio Pochettino, who is thought to have been concerned at the lack of progress.

Eriksen joined Tottenham for about £11million from Ajax three years ago and has contributed a regular flow of goals and assists since then.

It was suggested that he had asked for as much as £150,000-a-week to commit to Spurs again, a figure Tottenham are highly unlikely to have paid.
But Eriksen's agent Martin Schoots told Standard Sport last month that his player was happy at Spurs - and Eriksen looked certain to make good on that claim today.

Tottenham have little time to celebrate their achievement in securing Eriksen, however.

With players returning from international duty, Pochettino will start preparing in earnest over the next two days for Saturday's match at Stoke.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Crrc8-7WEAAnTYC.jpg

NEW CONTRACT: We are delighted to announce that @ChrisEriksen8 has signed a new contract with the Club until 2020.

Bloody good news!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Good...that figure of £75,000 is the new glass ceiling I think. Eriksen now needs to earn it otherwise he will get the Bentaleb treatment. and the front three will become Dele, Sissoko and Lamela.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
How the fuck is he only 24? he seems to have been playing for us for donkey's and he had already played in the CL for Ajax before he came to us. Christine Erikson is like the Cliff Richard of football, without the god stuff, the (alleged) kiddy fiddling of course and being an annoying fuckpot.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
How the fuck is he only 24? he seems to have been playing for us for donkey's and he had already played in the CL for Ajax before he came to us. Christine Erikson is like the Cliff Richard of football, without the god stuff, the (alleged) kiddy fiddling of course and being an annoying fuckpot.
I heard Levy spliced his genes with bruce forsyth,so he will be with us for another 40 years.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-spurs-is-great-fit-says-agent-a3341236.html
christian Eriksen's agent revealed his player had turned his back on interest from top European clubs to sign a new deal at Tottenham because he believes the club is perfect for him.

Eriksen has finally signed a four-year contract, worth about £75,000 a week, after more than a year of negotiations. Although there had been interest from Juventus, Paris St Germain and Atletico Madrid, as well as Manchester United last summer, Eriksen has opted to commit himself to Spurs.

His representative Martin Schoots said: “Christian is just very happy at Spurs, as a player and as a person. He and his girlfriend moved house a month ago, which you don’t do in the middle of the transfer window if you have doubts about where your happiness is.
He wanted to move to Tottenham three years ago, even when other clubs were interested in that period, including a big German club who could guarantee Champions League football. But he was convinced about Spurs, and he still is.

“He is looking forward to playing in the Champions League again and to playing in the new stadium in two years’ time. It’s just a great fit.
“There have been a couple of clubs showing interest over the last 18 months, yes. Sometimes I read fans on the internet saying they are surprised they don’t hear anything about interest from other clubs in Christian. But that is just not our style.

“It is useless to talk publicly about these matters, the day after a club has called. It does not contribute to a good atmosphere, in which the player feels happy.”
Eriksen has made a slow start to the season but has been a key man for Tottenham since he joined from Ajax in 2013, contributing a regular flow of goals and assists.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino admitted on Thursday that the speculation surrounding his future might have affected Eriksen’s performances, but that he expects the Dane to recapture top form now, starting at Stoke on Saturday.

In an interview with Danish newspaper BT, Schoots added: “Now that everything is closed, I can tell you that the situation hasn’t really changed since Christian was 14, when the first big clubs started to call.
They continued to do so over the most recent period. There has been concrete interest from four Champions League clubs, from France, Spain, Italy and England. Two of them played in the Champions League final not too long ago.

“We took it as a great compliment. One of the managers, Laurent Blanc (who was then at Paris St Germain),spoke openly about his admiration for Christian some time ago – and he is a World Cup winner.

“Christian was flattered by the interest but never wanted to do anything about it, so the clubs know this. As I said, he is just very happy at Tottenham and it was always in his mind to stay longer.”

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-spurs-is-great-fit-says-agent-a3341236.html
christian Eriksen's agent revealed his player had turned his back on interest from top European clubs to sign a new deal at Tottenham because he believes the club is perfect for him.

Eriksen has finally signed a four-year contract, worth about £75,000 a week, after more than a year of negotiations. Although there had been interest from Juventus, Paris St Germain and Atletico Madrid, as well as Manchester United last summer, Eriksen has opted to commit himself to Spurs.

His representative Martin Schoots said: “Christian is just very happy at Spurs, as a player and as a person. He and his girlfriend moved house a month ago, which you don’t do in the middle of the transfer window if you have doubts about where your happiness is.
He wanted to move to Tottenham three years ago, even when other clubs were interested in that period, including a big German club who could guarantee Champions League football. But he was convinced about Spurs, and he still is.

“He is looking forward to playing in the Champions League again and to playing in the new stadium in two years’ time. It’s just a great fit.
“There have been a couple of clubs showing interest over the last 18 months, yes. Sometimes I read fans on the internet saying they are surprised they don’t hear anything about interest from other clubs in Christian. But that is just not our style.

“It is useless to talk publicly about these matters, the day after a club has called. It does not contribute to a good atmosphere, in which the player feels happy.”
Eriksen has made a slow start to the season but has been a key man for Tottenham since he joined from Ajax in 2013, contributing a regular flow of goals and assists.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino admitted on Thursday that the speculation surrounding his future might have affected Eriksen’s performances, but that he expects the Dane to recapture top form now, starting at Stoke on Saturday.

In an interview with Danish newspaper BT, Schoots added: “Now that everything is closed, I can tell you that the situation hasn’t really changed since Christian was 14, when the first big clubs started to call.
They continued to do so over the most recent period. There has been concrete interest from four Champions League clubs, from France, Spain, Italy and England. Two of them played in the Champions League final not too long ago.

“We took it as a great compliment. One of the managers, Laurent Blanc (who was then at Paris St Germain),spoke openly about his admiration for Christian some time ago – and he is a World Cup winner.

“Christian was flattered by the interest but never wanted to do anything about it, so the clubs know this. As I said, he is just very happy at Tottenham and it was always in his mind to stay longer.”

This can't be true? I read on some other place that he is lazy, not interested, wants to leave. They are experts on such matters and they know this by his body language and reading his mind.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's obviously good news but I still don't care for his agent very much.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
http://www.90min.com/posts/3768364-...sg-bid-before-penning-new-deal-with-tottenham
Christian Eriksen Reportedly Snubbed 'Secret' PSG Bid Before Penning New Deal With Tottenham
Why is this presented as him turning down a big Eiropean club, there were nowhere before a cash injection. If our lad Christian wants to earn respect and play in the best league for the best club in it he's done the right thing, he is the one who should be honoured not us because he re-signed!!

boo

boo

Founding Member
Tottenham ace Christian Eriksen has dismissed criticism of his season form.

The playmaker has yet to score in the Premier League and has been less influential than at other times in his Spurs career, although he did deliver an improved performance in the 1-1 draw at Arsenal last weekend.

Eriksen said: “It has been a bit up and down. It has been like that for the whole team. It has been a very long stretch with many draws and just a few defeats that have done much harm to us.

“It is difficult to get into the rhythm when there are so many matches. But against Arsenal, we created chances and probably should have won."

He added: “I have lacked the goals and assists you are evaluated on worldwide.

“Game-wise, it has been slightly below average in some periods but at others it has been fine. The goals have just been lacking."

boo

boo

Founding Member
Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen has no regrets rejecting Chelsea as a teenager.

Eriksen rejected a whole host of clubs including Chelsea, Barcelona and AC Milan to join Ajax as a 16-year-old.

Speaking to Fyens, he said:

"In Denmark, you are sure to play if you were good, but Ajax did not play you if you did not have the mentality and went 100 percent to it.

"It did not matter who you were. It was about getting better every day.

"If I had chosen Chelsea, then my situation today would be completely different. I'm sure.

"Of course you never say never, because I would have been 100 percent into it, if I had chosen it.

"I just felt that there was more chance to fail than succeed."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Christian scored twice for Denmark this week, hopefully it will spark a few goals for us.

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
Christian scored twice for Denmark this week, hopefully it will spark a few goals for us.
I thought the same, DD but thought better, as it might put the kibosh on CE scoring again. ;)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Better than Ozil's....great goal. Obviously not low on confidence.!!!

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Sweet goal! Now repeat V west ham, Monaco and Chelsea

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Great goal, hopefully he can start chipping in with a few goals for Spurs as well as we need to start scoring more ASAP!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The Danish FA confirm Christian Eriksen has been withdrawn from Denmark squad due to 'minor injury' & could now be doubtful for WHU.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
With an 'E'? Isn't that against the FA rules? I am sure he would play better with an 'E' but you know what they say 'Just say No' kiddies, well at least when your mum is listening or plod are around otherwise fill yer boots!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
With an 'E'? Isn't that against the FA rules? I am sure he would play better with an 'E' but you know what they say 'Just say No' kiddies, well at least when your mum is listening or plod are around otherwise fill yer boots!
Imagine Eriksen gurning his chops off on E whilst running round the pitch!!! He'd probably have a good half time jig to chas n dave as well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
In my youff,after the maradona wild eyed coked up to his eye balls world cup,i admit we did (a few of us) go out for a sunday league match on whizz&E,I can tell you,we didnt play like Diego :(,

but we had a fucking laugh........