By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Christian Eriksen (with an E!!)

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Jesus, I hope Eriksen is ok. I'm not gonna lie I've tears streaming down the face that's one of the most brutal things I've witnessed in a football match.

Come on big lad!!
I stepped away from the game for 5 mins & when I came back I had no idea what was happening as the game had stopped while players & fans had tears streaming...

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Jesus, I hope Eriksen is ok. I'm not gonna lie I've tears streaming down the face that's one of the most brutal things I've witnessed in a football match.

Come on big lad!!
I'm the same mate. All we can do is hope.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

Come on big lad!!
I’m not watching but the reports are coming in. I’m stunned.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I stepped away from the game for 5 mins & when I came back I had no idea what was happening as the game had stopped while players & fans had tears streaming...

I'm the same mate. All we can do is hope.

I’m not watching but the reports are coming in. I’m stunned.

They performed CPR for about 8 minutes before hitting him with the paddles. It can't be good. Just have to hope they brought him round.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Yes, I've seen that photo and it's a good sign. He had the oxygen mask on and he was awake so that's good.

Fuck the BBC for cutting between him receiving CPR and his wife crying in the stands not knowing if her husband was alive or dead. His teammates shouldn't have to link arms to form a protective shield around him while he was getting help for fucks sake.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
UEFA reporting he’s stable in hospital.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Yes, I've seen that photo and it's a good sign. He had the oxygen mask on and he was awake so that's good.

Fuck the BBC for cutting between him receiving CPR and his wife crying in the stands not knowing if her husband was alive or dead. His teammates shouldn't have to link arms to form a protective shield around him while he was getting help for fucks sake.

Unreal tbh. U can't see a streaker on the pitch yet the camera can stay on a situation like that. I like many literally watched Eriksen being hit with heart paddles.

Fuck it hope he is ok. No one can fully prepare for something like that.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Seems he’s stable and will be fine. Muamba ‘died’ for 78 mins - we didn’t have a defib.

game has restarted with the blessing of both teams which suggests he will pull through.

Thoughts with Christian and his family - horrendous episode

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Poor cunt, that was frightening...

Hope the streaky fucker makes a good recovery...!!!

Yido.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I just watched a replay before getting the news this morning in Australia.

That was awfully distressing. I hope he is ok longer term but he may have played his last game.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I just watched a replay before getting the news this morning in Australia.

That was awfully distressing. I hope he is ok longer term but he may have played his last game.
I can’t bring myself to watch—we were at a family thing and my youngest boy, who’s always looked up to CE and very much emulated him, asked me to check the score. That’s when I found out. Just awful. I said even when he was seeking a move that he’s one of my all-time favorite players at the club. Forget football, I just hope he’s able to live a normal and long life.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Very distressed about this. Love the fact that his fellow Danes formed a circle to shield him, notwithstanding the whole "Boy's Own" moral aesthetic.

Denmark as a country hasn't lived up to their own high standards lately, but everybody there tonight did.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Very distressed about this. Love the fact that his fellow Danes formed a circle to shield him, notwithstanding the whole "Boy's Own" moral aesthetic.

Denmark as a country hasn't lived up to their own high standards lately, but everybody there tonight did.
His team-mates' behaviour has stuck with me since last night really, as daft as that sounds. Forming that circle to shield him and walking beside the stretcher holding up sheets to protect him as best they could from people taking photographs. The fact that that thought even had to enter their heads just makes me sad.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
and the director zooming in on Eriksens missus and then back to him getting shocked/CPRd was an absolute disgrace, if that wasn't bad enough, it was done more than once which is bordering on criminal.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

If you're a cameraman in that situation and you receive direction in your ear to the tune of "Ok, get the wife .. get the wife" and you do that, then you should be having a word with yourself today.

And that goes double for the actual director issuing those instructions.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
If you're a cameraman in that situation and you receive direction in your ear to the tune of "Ok, get the wife .. get the wife" and you do that, then you should be having a word with yourself today.

And that goes double for the actual director issuing those instructions.
Right. There is no journalistic reason to do that IMO. As Glen pointed out, they go out of their way to cut away from streakers, and apologize when the mics catch a stray “fuck!” but they feel like they have to broadcast that? The viewers don’t need to see his partner in anguish to know the situation is dire.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I keep thinking that his time just wasn't up. If he was anywhere else, at home, training elsewhere, in the car, anywhere except on a pitch in that scenario, the chances are he'd be gone. That's the frightening thing.
Does this also not surely raise the question of modern elite players being asked to play far too much football these days ? Questions need to be asked about this. Look at Harry Kane today....the bloke looked fucked after 30 mins. He's exhausted. Something's got to be peared back in terms of workload on these players. Yes they get paid huge amounts of money, but I doubt there's a player anywhere on the planet who wants to be the richest in the cemetery..

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I also loved Christian as a player. He was just one of those guys who always made you feel like you had a chance to win. Hoping he has a full recover. Also wondering if he had had COVID. Lots of instances of mild COVID cases resulting in an enlarged heart that could last up to a year. Or maybe he just ran himself into the ground. Either way the best to him. Will always be a Lily white in my book. SEN, SEN, SEN!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I keep thinking that his time just wasn't up. If he was anywhere else, at home, training elsewhere, in the car, anywhere except on a pitch in that scenario, the chances are he'd be gone. That's the frightening thing.
Does this also not surely raise the question of modern elite players being asked to play far too much football these days ? Questions need to be asked about this. Look at Harry Kane today....the bloke looked fucked after 30 mins. He's exhausted. Something's got to be peared back in terms of workload on these players. Yes they get paid huge amounts of money, but I doubt there's a player anywhere on the planet who wants to be the richest in the cemetery..
That argument that "well they get paid X amount of week so what have they got to complain about?" always pisses me off. Yes, they do get paid far too much but a lot of that isn't their fault and at the end of the day, they're still human beings.

And if you've got a human being who is exerting themselves to that level all the time, week in, week out, then it's going to take a toll.

Look at what's happening next year with the World Cup scheduled to take place between November and December. By the time we get to the end of next season's Premier League campaign, you'll have most players having played football solidly for around two years straight with little to no break.

And if the Premier League extend next season just so they can have the full round of 38 games, then you're again looking at hardly any break for the players before pre-season starts for the following season as well.

Is it any wonder Kane's ankles always cause him problems ?. If he was given a solid month off with no training, no games, no nothing then I imagine that would do him the world of good. I would hate to think it's going to take a player actually dying on the field to force football to do something.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
That argument that "well they get paid X amount of week so what have they got to complain about?" always pisses me off. Yes, they do get paid far too much but a lot of that isn't their fault and at the end of the day, they're still human beings.

And if you've got a human being who is exerting themselves to that level all the time, week in, week out, then it's going to take a toll.

Look at what's happening next year with the World Cup scheduled to take place between November and December. By the time we get to the end of next season's Premier League campaign, you'll have most players having played football solidly for around two years straight with little to no break.

And if the Premier League extend next season just so they can have the full round of 38 games, then you're again looking at hardly any break for the players before pre-season starts for the following season as well.

Is it any wonder Kane's ankles always cause him problems ?. If he was given a solid month off with no training, no games, no nothing then I imagine that would do him the world of good. I would hate to think it's going to take a player actually dying on the field to force football to do something.
I was thinking as much yesterday in the aftermath. I wonder if there could be some kind of minutes per season cap for players, something that could be written into the laws of the game to protect them from what is basically exploitation at this point.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Nope, not having that old doodahs. I've got a mate who gets up at 5 am every day to run at least 20 miles, he then works 10 hours a day doing a proper job, then at weekends he does marathons - on places like Scafell pike. These blokes are professional athletes who do not exert themselves for the full 90 minutes like say Triathletes. Semi-pro footballers do day jobs, train as much as the pros and play more games and they are not dropping like flies. The top players also have doctors, trainers, physios, nutritionists who keep them in peak condition. Anybody can have a heart attack at any time, fit people very rarely have heart attacks through physical exertion unless they have underlying issues. Over-training to ridiculous extremes can cause heart problems but that really isn't an issue in modern football.

I do agree that footballers should get a decent break , everybody deserves a holiday, but I don't think the number of games is damaging them physically, mentally maybe. They could jack it in and work in Tescos if they don't like the conditions.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member

Thing is that if this were true, then there would be players dropping like flies all over the shop. Reality is that a very small percentage probably have underlying issues that can crop out very rarely - Muamba, Eriksen and probably one or two others that I haven't heard of. Daley blind plays at the highest level with a little mini defib fitted. CE can choose to do the same I guess.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

APPIANO GENTILE - This morning Christian Eriksen paid a visit to the Suning Training Centre in Appiano Gentile.

The Danish midfielder met the club directors, the coach, team-mates and all of the staff present. Eriksen is doing well and is in excellent physical and mental shape.

He will now follow the recovery programme put forward by Danish doctors in Copenhagen, who will also co-ordinate the clinical follow-up. The Inter medical staff will naturally be kept informed and up to date throughout the process.

T

Tottenhamlad

Player in Training.
Close to signing for Brentford but I believe he has to go through a thorough medical.