By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Citeh (H) PL Sat 21st Nov 2020 17.30

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fearing the worst,hoping for a win!!,would be huge in a possible title run,we would be 8pts clear of city,whilst not insurmountable,thats a hefty chunk of a lead,sort of thing they would run up a quarter in to the season.

God know who will be left standing/bot isolating after the internationals,wisely they declared sterling injured,for certain doherty is out!

We would go top with a win,so thats mainly why I fear the worst!!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We need Reguilon to ran at walker all day. Get in the box, draw a couple of penalties, hang on for a nervy finish. Three points in the bag. Easy!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We need Reguilon to ran at walker all day. Get in the box, draw a couple of penalties, hang on for a nervy finish. Three points in the bag. Easy!
Did I say Mike Dean is ref for this?Just saying cos if serge plays vs Sterling (fresh after making a miraculous recovery after dropping england),think a penalty might feature?I wonder if Jose will go for the Poch style play sissoko on the right as cover?
I guess it will suit his tactics cos city wont sit back,so long ball counter,dig in and park the bus give you indigestion football.That only works if sonny can play and maybe moura instead of Bale?

Well should be an interesting marker as to whether we are flat track bullies or contenders.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Come on you fuckers... must win game, turn up and fuck them up...!!!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
9 points from the next 3 games may be interesting

6-7 points would also be good, but I think 5 may be more realistic

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I hope Jose let's them attack City from the start...I think we'll take the points.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
9 points from the next 3 games may be interesting

6-7 points would also be good, but I think 5 may be more realistic
I would be delighted with 5 pts.Might seem unambitious but 2pts a game average is champions league every season,if we got 7 or more I may start to dream!!Results have been with us,performances not so much, might be why I feel apprehensive ,like us these teams have the quality to hurt and not spurn chances like burnley,saints,brighton etc.
Would be good for us if sterling really is injured,if only debrune would get a dose of covid,the sort of player ndombele cant just let saunter past him.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Who the fuck knows how this will pan out?? We're a bit of a bogey team for City, at least in the big games. Son's pace is important and thus so is Bale's or Moura's, if our defence can stay tight and the mid field shape up we've got a good chance. City aren't as good as they were, which is probably the kiss of death but I think we'll win by one goal. God know who is going to play at Right back with Doherty out........I just hope it isn't Serge.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Who the fuck knows how this will pan out?? We're a bit of a bogey team for City, at least in the big games. Son's pace is important and thus so is Bale's or Moura's, if our defence can stay tight and the mid field shape up we've got a good chance. City aren't as good as they were, which is probably the kiss of death but I think we'll win by one goal. God know who is going to play at Right back with Doherty out........I just hope it isn't Serge.
Tanganga is fit again,but thats a huge call first game back.Its going to be serge isnt it?I can see bale sacrificed with either moura or sissoko playing right back when serge does serge things.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Tanganga is fit again,but thats a huge call first game back.Its going to be serge isnt it?I can see bale sacrificed with either moura or sissoko playing right back when serge does serge things.
Sissoko could play there........not sure if thats a better option though.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Sissoko in midfield and Moura on the wing, both given clear instructions that they're there purely to babysit Serge. Attacks can go down the left to Sonny, via Kane and the other Serg(io).

Or...let Aurier bomb away. Call him RB and Moussa DM if you will, as long as they know their roles. Hojbjerg takes care of the middle of the field. Lamela on in place of Moura at 60" to harry, regardless of the score.

If he's fit.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Lamela on in place of Moura at 60" to harry, regardless of the score.

If he's fit.

Lamela on after 60 seconds? Now I'm really curious as to what the plan is for Moura in that first minute.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Nathan ake got injured for holland .

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Lamela on after 60 seconds? Now I'm really curious as to what the plan is for Moura in that first minute.
Good catch. I guess I'm too used to swapping out double quoted for singles in order to appease any Britishers who might be lurking about.

But, now that you mention it, didn't Vinnie Jones once claim you could get away with whatever you wanted if you laid one on in the first minute?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Steven Bergwijn will be fit for selection against Manchester City on Saturday (5.30pm).
The flying Dutchman missed our last Premier League fixture at West Brom on 8 November through injury. He reported for international duty, returned to Hotspur Way and Jose reported in his pre-match press conference on Friday that he’s ready to join the squad.
“He went to the international team injured,” explained Jose. “He was not involved in our match against West Brom, not even on the bench, because that week he was injured. Even so, he reported to the national team, they had their medical team analysing him and they decided they didn’t want to keep him there, because he wouldn’t be ready for the next match.
“So he stayed here for the last two weeks, and in that time he has managed to recover, and he’s ready for tomorrow.”
Meanwhile, Jose said that Erik Lamela, who also missed out through injury at West Brom, was on the ‘last period 😭 of his recovery’ and that Harry Winks returned from international duty ‘with a little problem’. Matt Doherty continues to self-isolate after testing positive for coronavirus after the Republic of Ireland’s UEFA Nations League match against Wales on Sunday. “Apart from that, no problems,” added Jose.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Manchester City forwards Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling have returned to training after injury and could feature on Saturday.

However, Fernandinho will miss out because of a stomach problem.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Mourinho is quite right about Sterling withdrawing from England but fit to play tomorrow. The only equitable solution is for Eric Dier to kick the living shit out of him.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
This feels a bit like the match when we find out whether Mourinho is in our long term future. A good showing here will go a long way to convincing fans that he knows what he's doing. A heavy defeat and the sound of knives being sharpened will be a lot louder.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Jose said that Erik Lamela, who also missed out through injury at West Brom, was on the ‘last period 😭

Does this mean he's about to go through the menopause ?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EnXDhAGWMAYpRjX