By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

City. League Cup Final.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Now we have a chance in this fixture...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Can I just chip in with the fact we're playing Southampton at home on Wednesday prior to the League cup final.....in case anyone wanted to do a matchday thread?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
John Stones red card today. I assume he is out for the weekend?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yep, banned for the final unless recinded
that's a shame, he's always got a mistake in him........

In my Spurs tinted spectacles world we win this 3-2 without Kane, Sonny gets a brace and Bale curls in the winner.

In real life we might lose 5-1 but who cares, Mourinho has gone and there's a chance that Levy follows him, a small chance but a chance nevertheless.

COYS just win, don't care how or by how many, just win!!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We are going to be a tired team come Sunday. Think some rotation is in order. Moura, Son are definites and I think Bergwin could be useful in this one. We need people committed to running, and he certainly does that. Bring on Bale late if we're down, but Son, Kane, Bergwin with Moura in the hole works for me. Don't think we need 3 in midfield as we'll rarely have the ball and will all be a bit deeper. 4 up top at least gives us some outlets, which the 4-3-3 does not. It all won't matter if we don't turn up hungry and desperate. Almost like a super league club that hasn't won a trophy in 12 years.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We are going to be a tired team come Sunday. Think some rotation is in order. Moura, Son are definites and I think Bergwin could be useful in this one. We need people committed to running, and he certainly does that. Bring on Bale late if we're down, but Son, Kane, Bergwin with Moura in the hole works for me. Don't think we need 3 in midfield as we'll rarely have the ball and will all be a bit deeper. 4 up top at least gives us some outlets, which the 4-3-3 does not. It all won't matter if we don't turn up hungry and desperate. Almost like a super league club that hasn't won a trophy in 12 years.
Bergwin? Useful? Nah mate, I'm not having that.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Bergwin? Useful? Nah mate, I'm not having that.

Hey, at least he runs. Can't say that about the rest of them. How far we've fallen since being labelled the greatest front line in football back in September.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Still ND up front and use him to hold it up, he's an absolute beast at holding the ball and finding a team mate. The running around a bit not so much!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Heart wants it badly, even though i'm clearly one of only 3 people who still wants us to win the League Cup.

Head says we're going to get murdered.

But then if Kane isn't fit, which is looking more and more likely as time goes on, we really should just punt on Vinicius because he's a "proper" striker. Sonny, god love him, will obviously do his best but he's an attacking midfielder and not someone who can really play properly up front.

As much as Vinicius really isn't the finished article, he's arguably the best "back up" striker we've signed with his goals return this season. Get Sonny on the left, Bale on the right and him in the middle and we might stand (half) a chance.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Gents, I'm approaching this match with a bit more optimism even though the odds are against us.
I simply feel there's more belief just within the players now that JM is gone & we won't have 11 players behind the ball in our 6 yard box.

We've got plenty to hurt them with going forward & that's what we should do. Bale said as much after the Soton match that we should be on the front foot more often. That's where our strength lies. I'm sure we'll be defending for extended periods so we'll have to be disciplined & pick our spots. I'd like to see Bale up top moving freely wherever he can find space. Love to see him isolated against anyone in their back line.

And if Kane is in the XI that's just another reason to believe.

N

Not Ted Ditchburn

Player in Training.
Hi Tottenham,
No, I'm not him. Actually more Bert Trautmann. Never minded Spurs in spite of Ricky bloody Villa in '81 and got away more than once with shouting "Come on you dirty northern bastards" on the old long terrace at WHL. Reckon you'll win on Sunday because Pep will play the reserves until he sends on Foden & Gundogan to try to rescue it with 20 minutes to go. And of course the year ends in a "1". (You've probably heard the other version, that Spurs won't win a trophy while the year has a "2" in it. LOL.)

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
big day boys. call it what you want. tin pot cup. mickey mouse cup. i want it!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
1619361309437.png

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Hope Harry's fit enough. I know he's starting, but I'd say if he was on crutches he'd want to play. Surprised Winks starts ahead of Ndombele though... unless he's carrying a knock ? Anyway we need our big players to turn up today. I don't know why but I've just got a good feeling about this...COYS!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
How cool is it having Ryan Mason lead us out today!

Having my first alcoholic beverage since Christmas. See how that goes!!

COYS!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Ah, the old 'pretend Mourinho is still manager and let them have all the possession, stand off and do fuck all' ploy.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
All this fucking around playing out is getting on my tits, 30 passes to get out of our own half on the rare occasions we don't give the ball back to City.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
STOP PLAYING OUT TO THE FUCKING FULLBACKS.... THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO THAT

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Just as well this isn' t our last chance to salvage something out of this shite season. Our players don' t look remotely fucked about this game. Ryan will have to get them on the treadmill at halftime to warm up.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I thought every player wanted to win a trophy so much? Not fucking showing it....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
GLC has been a passenger...

We need to get on the ball, N’dombele 2nd half to load the gun.... and run about a bit... we can't have passengers today they're murdering us...

Mahrez has had 2 proper sighters... a 3rd will need dealing with by Lloris.

Lucas has been superb and they should be down to 10 men, but we'renever gonna get favours against these especially from a inexperienced referee...

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Fuuuuuccccckkkkk

this game is unbearable to watch