By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

City. League Cup Final.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I know we're playing Citeh and they are brilliant but you can still see traces of the virus in our play.

It'll take a few months to get it completely out of our system I reckon...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Son walking round with his finger up his arse is getting right on my tits...!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Sonny's not having a good day, get Lamella on and put a bit of fire into our team? Was Moura done in? Seems odd taking him off as he's been our only threat.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
If we are truthful, we have been awful since Jan 2019. Bar a few good results, it’s been like this under Poch, Jose and now Mason

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fucking had to be him
One of them was bound to score, it is cuntish that the cunt who shouldn't be on the pitch scores, but we could have been 3 or 4 down by now and I don't think it would have made much difference if they were down to 10

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
This is all on the players, they can all fuck off in the summer.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Absolutely dominated by a team of players who wanted to win.

this teams a fucking joke, regardless of the manager.

Son crying at the end, hopefully because of his lacklustre performance.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The application from some is abhorrent...

Only one worth a wank today was Lucas... its an embarrassment that they didn't even fucking have a real go.

Citeh are some side, no doubt.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Watching Burnley and Wolves earlier was like watching a proper cup final, watching this game was a fucking chore. Where was the passion, desire, committment?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Absolutely dominated by a team of players who wanted to win.

this teams a fucking joke, regardless of the manager.

Son crying at the end, hopefully because of his lacklustre performance.
Probably his last game in a spurs shirt...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The application from some is abhorrent...

Only one worth a wank today was Lucas... its an embarrassment that they didn't even fucking have a real go.

Citeh are some side, no doubt.
To be fair mate, Dier, Toby and Hugo kept us in the game, but it was always desperate last minute blocks, no cunt wanted to tackle. Maybe that is the Moron-io poison still lurking, maybe they earn enough without needing to put a shift in.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I feel like I can only commend Lucas, Hojborjg, Lloris, Dier & Toby for their effort. The latter 2 are a bit of a surprise to me but welcome.

Just feel this side is going to be dismantled starting this summer.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Just got put in our place by a team that are much better than us. It also highlights just how limited we are as a squad, we absolutely have to have a clear out in the Summer.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
City are a class act, but we couldn't string 2 passes together. We gave them the ball over and over again.

Substitutions were a bit funky to. Sissoko when u need to grab a game by the scruff isn't the answer.

..... And as usual Aurier drags someone to the ground when he doesn't need to. He has to go. It's happens so often.

Had said to the family before the game i'd be happy as long as we had a good go... We didn't. Bottled it again.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
That was awful today. Bordering on embarrassing imo. It's a cup final ffs. I don't give a fuck how good City are...who got stuck in? Who made runs for someone to pick out ? 2 attempts in 95 mins in a cup final is inexcusable ...I'd say alot of agents were making calls last night saying "don't get injured". Can't come up with another explanation. Fucking pathetic...

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
That was awful today. Bordering on embarrassing imo. It's a cup final ffs. I don't give a fuck how good City are...who got stuck in? Who made runs for someone to pick out ? 2 attempts in 95 mins in a cup final is inexcusable ...I'd say alot of agents were making calls last night saying "don't get injured". Can't come up with another explanation. Fucking pathetic...
Nobody covered himself in glory today, but I don't think it's for lack of effort. It will take a long time to get these players back up to the level they're capable of reaching. If what we're hearing is true, training has been shit for 18 months. As an athlete you might maintain top speed, even hit strength-training targets, stamina measures, etc. But to snap into a tackle, to have the unconscious physical confidence to make split-second decisions, even quickness of mind suffers.

Hence the shite positioning and desperate counters instead of patient build-up and proper positioning.

I doubt any of them have forgottenwhat a triangle looks like, but they sure as fuck can't form one.

Let's see what 15 points does for us. And supplications to all the gods for Red Scum to beat Blue Scum.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Just .. urgh ...

City basically had that won in the first 15 minutes and it was just a matter of time before the goal came to seal it. They were so good, it was almost like our lot looked at each other and said “Ok we’re fucked”

It's funny how Dier gets so much shit and it turns out he's one of the few who could actually come out of the game with his head held high.

I know the old adage is "there's no shame in losing to <insert name of massively better team here>" and it's kind of true to an extent but if you actually DID SOMETHING during that loss it might not be so bad, but we were just fucking awful.

Sonny is just a mystery at the moment. I don't know if he's carrying an injury or he's just physically and mentally fucked but he's so far out of form I'd even consider not even naming him in the next couple of squads just to at least give him a rest.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
It was lose lose for Ryan Mason

attack city: get shelled 5-0. Piss everyone off for being so dumb you think you can play with city.

defend and play on the counter: probably still lose if we dont take advantage of our limited chances. Piss off all supporters fir not having a proper go of if

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Sell Son and Kane, please. Let them realize real glory.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
It's funny how Dier gets so much shit and it turns out he's one of the few who could actually come out of the game with his head held high.

Sonny is just a mystery at the moment. I don't know if he's carrying an injury or he's just physically and mentally fucked but he's so far out of form I'd even consider not even naming him in the next couple of squads just to at least give him a rest.
As mentioned, Dier actually stood out for me. Seemed to be one of his better games, at least defensively.

As for Son, I don't know if it is a case of burnout or what but he's certainly not up to his usual standards. I don't think he even considered taking on Walker. Every time he was 1 v 1 with him, he turned & played the ball backwards as if going at Walker was not an option. Agreed with Clem, it's a mystery.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
1619466211357.png

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
As mentioned, Dier actually stood out for me. Seemed to be one of his better games, at least defensively.

As for Son, I don't know if it is a case of burnout or what but he's certainly not up to his usual standards. I don't think he even considered taking on Walker. Every time he was 1 v 1 with him, he turned & played the ball backwards as if going at Walker was not an option. Agreed with Clem, it's a mystery.

It did look as though he knew he didn't have the pace to go at Walker, who to be fair is seriously quick.

It also looks as though Sonny is absolutely cooked and needs an extended break.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Thought we were lucky it was only 1-0 and tbh also thought we were a bit tactically naive in the first half. What's the point of short sideways backwards in your own half against City and their press, you're never going to play through them, not with our players. the right tactic was quick counter attack and we never really employed that, yet it worked so well in the league game at WHL.

Shame but hey ho.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
@Don Diaz re MC's press.

Honestly, I was so surprised to see Winks starting. I couldn't understand it.

And you didn't hear the commentators mentioned Winks' name much during the game for a reason.

In order to play out from the back against their press, our mids, particularly the deeper ones like Winks & PEH, need to show by finding space between MC's lines. PEH did so but he was the only one. If you watched Winks, he rarely created any distance between an MC player & himself. Essentially, he was hiding. Consequently, we became outnumbered with less options. Hence Dier, Toby, & Hugo kept having to hoof the ball forward where it then became at best a 50/50 ball. I don't even think they were comfortable giving it to Winks anyway.

As soon as Sissoko came on while Winks remained, I knew we were done. Two guys not wanting the ball.

If you are someone who believes that we had a cowardly game plan, then Winks epitomized it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
As soon as Sissoko came on while Winks remained, I knew we were done. Two guys not wanting the ball
that phrase says all you need to know. Long ball forward with a 50/50 chance was way better than Lloris to Dier in our own box and 20/80 chance of retaining it in our own half. How many times did free kicks on the half way line result in the ball ending back up with Toby, Dier or Lloris, I was shouting at the TV.

So naive and tragic.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
that phrase says all you need to know. Long ball forward with a 50/50 chance was way better than Lloris to Dier in our own box and 20/80 chance of retaining it in our own half. How many times did free kicks on the half way line result in the ball ending back up with Toby, Dier or Lloris, I was shouting at the TV.

So naive and tragic.
I too was shouting at my telly, I have been doing that for 17 months at least. I was particularly miffed when we had an attacking free kick halfway into City's half and three passes later the ball was back with Lloris.

I don't know who is to blame for the weak-arsed cowardly tactics, probably six and two threes. Ryan Mason cannot be expected to reverse the year and a half of Mourinho brainwashing in two matches but he could have told the players to attack like fucking Berserkers, there was nothing to lose, the players could have done that without being told, so they are all cunts. Losing by 3 or 4 with a 100% effort and some physicality would have been better than that weak performance.