By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Coming to London!

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Those of you who remember, I used a board similar to this a few years ago to plan my first pilgrimage to London & WHL. Well, it looks as though you'e not rid of me after all. Going to be in London February 17-23. My only hope of a Spurs match is a possible FA Cup date. Also, I'll have the wife and both teenagers in tow.

We've found a couple opportunities to rent a flat for the week, but I'm not familiar with the areas. One place we're looking at is on the river in Vauxhall. Nice newer high rise place that looks pretty nice, but...if I'm going to get mugged on the street out front...maybe not?

Thoughts?

Our last trip (there were just two of us) we stayed in Kensington just a block or two from a tube station. That hotels won't accommodate 4 of us.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Those of you who remember, I used a board similar to this a few years ago to plan my first pilgrimage to London & WHL. Well, it looks as though you'e not rid of me after all. Going to be in London February 17-23. My only hope of a Spurs match is a possible FA Cup date. Also, I'll have the wife and both teenagers in tow.

We've found a couple opportunities to rent a flat for the week, but I'm not familiar with the areas. One place we're looking at is on the river in Vauxhall. Nice newer high rise place that looks pretty nice, but...if I'm going to get mugged on the street out front...maybe not?

Thoughts?

Our last trip (there were just two of us) we stayed in Kensington just a block or two from a tube station. That hotels won't accommodate 4 of us.
You should be fine Vauxhall Nate, but there are other areas North side of the river that you and the family might prefer. especially for transport links, cafe's, shopping, restaurants etc. Have a look on www.Booking.com I use it all the time, it's brilliant - some areas that might not cost a fortune include: Notting Hill/Kensington, Paddington, West Hampstead, Camden.

I think Spurs might have a Europa league game around the time you visit - 23rd evening at Wembley...stay an extra night??? Might be the one and only time and you'll be able to get 4 tickets for very little cash - £15.00/US$19.00 a ticket I think.

If you get lucky (because we will almost certainly be in the FA Cup 5th round) we will get a home draw. I'm sure there's several on here that will try and help with tickets.

Good luck with everything, safe travels.

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Thanks guys! We stayed in S. Kensington last time we were there and tried to get the same hotel--but finding hotels that suit four people is tricky--especially with two adult-sized teenagers! Now we're looking at a Marriottup by the Swiss Cottage tube station. I "walked" it on Google street maps and it looks pretty decent. Only 1 line serviced by Swiss Cottage (Our last home stop, Gloucester Rd serviced, 3 lines.)

These were the only dates we could come to UK because the kids are out of school for the majority of the trip. And with my daughter heading off to University in the summer, this might be the last time we get to vacation as a family. (I have to dab a small tear now...)

FULL DISCLOSURE: We are flying into the UK via Manchester, then taking a train to London from there. The day we arrive there is a Europa match at Old Trafford so we're hoping to get tickets. Don't think anyone who knows me would question my love for Spurs, but it's an opportunity to experience a different ground. In fact, my wife and daughter are talking of spending a day dress shopping, and my son and I thought maybe we'd sneak away for a lower-league match. MK Dons have a home match that Saturday. I don't think you guys appreciate how unique football culture is over there, we're going to take advantage of any chance to soak it up as we can.

Still holding out for the FA Match at WHL! Would they allow 16 year-olds into Bricklayers?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Thanks guys! We stayed in S. Kensington last time we were there and tried to get the same hotel--but finding hotels that suit four people is tricky--especially with two adult-sized teenagers! Now we're looking at a Marriottup by the Swiss Cottage tube station. I "walked" it on Google street maps and it looks pretty decent. Only 1 line serviced by Swiss Cottage (Our last home stop, Gloucester Rd serviced, 3 lines.)

These were the only dates we could come to UK because the kids are out of school for the majority of the trip. And with my daughter heading off to University in the summer, this might be the last time we get to vacation as a family. (I have to dab a small tear now...)

FULL DISCLOSURE: We are flying into the UK via Manchester, then taking a train to London from there. The day we arrive there is a Europa match at Old Trafford so we're hoping to get tickets. Don't think anyone who knows me would question my love for Spurs, but it's an opportunity to experience a different ground. In fact, my wife and daughter are talking of spending a day dress shopping, and my son and I thought maybe we'd sneak away for a lower-league match. MK Dons have a home match that Saturday. I don't think you guys appreciate how unique football culture is over there, we're going to take advantage of any chance to soak it up as we can.

Still holding out for the FA Match at WHL! Would they allow 16 year-olds into Bricklayers?
Sounds like some serious planning has gone into this....tickets for Old trafford should be easy...MK Dons? there might be other grounds with more atmosphere??
Check out the two accommodation references from @skiathospurs and myself...Swiss cottage is typically quite expensive, although you're getting a lot more $$$'s these days, change your money quick the pound is very low today. Good luck Nate.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yes they would,you have to look 18 to be served alcohol,so depending on his size,either dont be lazy and go to the bar (or start drinking from someone elses jug ;)) or make him drink soda !! If you want to do a stadium tour?i can look see if there is a legends tour that week?if you have a spare 2 hrs to get up there midweek the new stadium build will blow you away,already it is taller than WHL and dwarfs the old girl,or you could take your boy to hotspur way and try and catch the players leaving training and get stuff signed,not easy to get there though without a car.

click on the image nate in full size its a stunner!!
image.php

Last edited:
Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Sounds like some serious planning has gone into this....

Yes, tragic characteristic of my wife and I...we over-research everything! We have 15-20 potential places to stay and we've researched them all on how near to they are tubes, which lines they service, nearest pubs--cuz we like our Guinness, ease to get to Euston & station and back...then we take to google street view and try and try and get a feel for the quality of the neighborhood.

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Yes they would,you have to look 18 to be served alcohol,so depending on his size,either dont be lazy and go to the bar (or start drinking from someone elses jug ;)) or make him drink soda !! If you want to do a stadium tour?i can look see if there is a legends tour that week?if you have a spare 2 hrs to get up there midweek the new stadium build will blow you away,already it is taller than WHL and dwarfs the old girl,or you could take your boy to hotspur way and try and catch the players leaving training and get stuff signed,not easy to get there though without a car.

He's not to worried about being served, he looks 18 or older, my wife and daughter look like sisters, so no worried there. They've heard so many storied about The Bricklayers it'd be a shame to be so close and not pop in. Besides, I think there is a gal at the door holding a beer for me...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yes, tragic characteristic of my wife and I...we over-research everything! We have 15-20 potential places to stay and we've researched them all on how near to they are tubes, which lines they service, nearest pubs--cuz we like our Guinness, ease to get to Euston & station and back...then we take to google street view and try and try and get a feel for the quality of the neighborhood.
Jeez I thought I was bad, with motorbike trips, this is a whole new level.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Wow they are letting you come back....

You clearly must try harder tis trip...!!!

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Yes! Thank you, Son! Now a home match in the next round the weekend we are there--PLEASE let the numbers fall for me!

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
I hate those damn silly little balls....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Getting here isn't a problem.... they might not let you back in...!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I hate those damn silly little balls....
What are you talking about....all things considered you got lucky??! Just bolt on a stadium tour....should be able to get tickets as well...Fulham is very friendly and small fan base. Hopefully you'll be fine

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
What are you talking about....all things considered you got lucky??! Just bolt on a stadium tour....should be able to get tickets as well...Fulham is very friendly and small fan base. Hopefully you'll be fine

Wait, what?...explain please...

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
But...can we do that...sit in amongst the home fans?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
they have a neutral part of the ground
that and theyre a bunch of pussies,havent lived til youve gone in with the home fans!!part of your induction

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
But...can we do that...sit in amongst the home fans?
It's not ideal obviously but Fulham have one large temporary grandstand that pretty much gets taken up by all the extra away fans. If you can't get a ticket via contacts here from the Spurs allocation, it's the next best thing. You should be fine, it's what I'll do.

Spurs will get 3500, Fulhams stadium holds 25,800, their average crowd is about 18,000 so there's an opportunity for us.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
that and theyre a bunch of pussies,havent lived til youve gone in with the home fans!!part of your induction
Average age is about 60......Chelsea lite, bring your own flask of tea and rattle. It's a traditional old club.

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Oh my....okay...maybe I love those wonderful little balls after al!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Average age is about 60......Chelsea lite, bring your own flask of tea and rattle. It's a traditional old club.
i was born down the road,my mums from hammersmith and grand parents,my grandfather was the sgt at kensington nick before being sgt at arms in house of lords

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
i was born down the road,my mums from hammersmith and grand parents,my grandfather was the sgt at kensington nick before being sgt at arms in house of lords
Cool story...... He would be so disappointed in you, ha ha