By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Crystal Palace (A) FA cup 4th Rnd Sunday Sun 27th Jan 2019 16.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Three london derbies in a week,at least we wont have jet lag.Traditional wisdom says 1-0 to tottenham,hasnt that been the score in the last 86 meetings??Bite your hand off for that this time out.

Line up???????????????
Enough said..........

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
My heart says we will win because they will put out a weak team and want to stay in the league. But that’s bollocks, they’ll stay up and are a handful on their day. This may be one game too many this week.....let’s see what happens on Thursday and who is left standing, Poch might just use the squad.....wink, know what I mean? I’m going to say 2-1 Spurs, Fulham style.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
My heart says we will win because they will put out a weak team and want to stay in the league. But that’s bollocks, they’ll stay up and are a handful on their day. This may be one game too many this week.....let’s see what happens on Thursday and who is left standing, Poch might just use the squad.....wink, know what I mean? I’m going to say 2-1 Spurs, Fulham style.
I do not love the idea of that....

I'd love us to win of course but they seem to have it in them to be much better than they are... they seem to want to play against the bigger teams, and were on our chinstraps for personell.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Whoever is left standing,we will still have an excellent defence out there for them to get past.Chuck in Llorente and skippy surely we can cobble together another 4 from?lucas,winks,dier,eriksen,lamela,KWP,foyth CDM perhaps?,it is bad,but we arent totally fucked to reduce us to palace`s level yet.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Whoever is left standing,we will still have an excellent defence out there for them to get past.Chuck in Llorente and skippy surely we can cobble together another 4 from?lucas,winks,dier,eriksen,lamela,KWP,foyth CDM perhaps?,it is bad,but we arent totally fucked to reduce us to palace`s level yet.
also wanyama&sissoko are back in training.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs injury news: Kane and Alli are continuing early stages of rehabilitation. Sissoko (knee) will be assessed by medical staff ahead of Sunday. Davies (groin) is continuing assessment with medical staff and is unavailable this weekend.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Unfortunately Sons South Korea have just lost to Qatar , can’t be arsed to see if there is a 3/4th play off ( let’s hope not ) and DL can get a twin engines plane to pick him up tomorrow morning , their time , back to England a light training session and on the bench for Sunday

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Unfortunately Sons South Korea have just lost to Qatar , can’t be arsed to see if there is a 3/4th play off ( let’s hope not ) and DL can get a twin engines plane to pick him up tomorrow morning , their time , back to England a light training session and on the bench for Sunday
It was the quarterfinal, so it doesn't matter. Still, Sunday is surely too much to ask.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It was the quarterfinal, so it doesn't matter. Still, Sunday is surely too much to ask.
I would think so,unless he is on his way right now (fri evening) which..... is fantasy??The way sports science works now at the club,he will spend 3 days with things being stuck into him,peeing in cups and providing stools.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
These match day threads have gone a bit tits up, no? (bit of Spanish phraseology there geddit) can we have a change, to bring us a bit of good luck for this weekend? If not I fear and Andros super goal and one from Benteke - yeah exactly, remember him? I'm not sure he's even still there?

COYS any win will do for me.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I normally love the FA Cup, but we are on the verge of having to start academy players in CL. I wouldn't play anyone who we will likely need in the league. That means no Eriksen, Sissoko (oh wait he's hurt too),Toby, Jan, or Rose. Play Foyth, Dier, Gazzaniga, Lucas, Llorente, Wanyama, Lamela, Skipp, Aurier, KWP and find a tall bloke in the stands to play up top. Should be enough to scrap past this bunch.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I suspect Eriksen will be on the bench, and probably one of either Toby or Jan. I don't think Poch will put out a significantly weakened side though. Honestly the players at his disposal don't make that possible. I very much want to win this competition, more than ever after last night.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I would think so,unless he is on his way right now (fri evening) which..... is fantasy??The way sports science works now at the club,he will spend 3 days with things being stuck into him,peeing in cups and providing stools.
ok I will revisit this,apparently "Flies back first class in the morning arrives lunchtime in London" From Maxi M ITK.
Bench perhaps then??

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I suspect Eriksen will be on the bench, and probably one of either Toby or Jan. I don't think Poch will put out a significantly weakened side though. Honestly the players at his disposal don't make that possible. I very much want to win this competition, more than ever after last night.
Maybe sanchez&foyth as CBs?Dier if its a 3.Jan as sub cos can also fill in at left back,though if rose is at risk not sure who we will put in there?maybe aurier?and KWP on the right?Midfield we have options,sissoko probably needs time to recover,skipp&winks/wanyama if ready?lamela,moura,llorente thats a decent 11 right there,rests jan,toby,eriksen,sissoko,davies rose if needs be.We dont need to send the U23s out on their own,maybe sterling,marsh could feature?parrott or roles I dont see the point in throwing in when we have so much experience anyway in the squad.We should definitely be hoping to progress here.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That's great! If my understanding of time zones is correct, if he was leaving this morning he should arrive back in London yesterday at the latest. If they fly really fast he could even make the Chelsea game.
Brilliant! Get him to take a penalty - No! He wouldn't need to because we would have/ will have/ should have/might have won 5-2 if he was /is/ will be home. Sorted.

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
Brilliant! Get him to take a penalty - No! He wouldn't need to because we would have/ will have/ should have/might have won 5-2 if he was /is/ will be home. Sorted.

Turns out he made it in time but got injured in the first minute.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
So is this game even on telly? Can't find it anywhere.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Couldnt help but not notice Son

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dx7JN5nX4AAswSD.jpg

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
As expected both made some changes. We should have enough to beat them. Just depends who wants it more.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I'm expecting a masterclass from Speroni... Guys an absolute goat so I'm certain he'll pluck 2 or 3 out of the top corner.