By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Crystal Palace (A) FA cup 4th Rnd Sunday Sun 27th Jan 2019 16.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mauricio Pochettino: "Christian Eriksen is rested today because he is so tired."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
If I was looking at the team selection objectively I’d say this team has been selected to try and ensure we beat Watford on Wednesday and Newcastle next weekend.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Away support is outstanding as ever, always brilliant at Palace.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If I was looking at the team selection objectively I’d say this team has been selected to try and ensure we beat Watford on Wednesday and Newcastle next weekend.
It is however still a team to win today even from a goal down !!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It is however still a team to win today even from a goal down !!
I can’t see what the shape or game plan is to get the ball to Llorente at present though? Possession in itself doesn’t win games, we’re going to need a cutting edge from somewhere?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I can’t see what the shape or game plan is to get the ball to Llorente at present though? Possession in itself doesn’t win games, we’re going to need a cutting edge from somewhere?
I think its going to be moura going beyond,attritional game for sure.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
any room down there in the pit of misery??? :(

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Wow. Trips and GKN forgetting how to score and KWP forgetting how to defend

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well,that was a mess.2-2 and a replay anyone???

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’m normally very positive, but that 45mins, even from a makeshift weakened team was just about the worst I’ve seen that I can remember recently. They are all professionals and we’ve just looked like rank amateurs. Really very cross

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Not holding out much hope for this game now. Need to be bit more direct now imo, ping balls in Llorente and try to get Moura and N'Koudou to win the knock downs and hopefylly we can get back in ot. Not much point in playing possesion game now, need goals not possesions stats.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dear Kyle,
more Peters less Walker,thanking you in advance.

Cheers.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
TBF, that’s a great second half against a full strength palace side.

Individual mistakes cost us here, those would have still happened regardless of who was fit

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Disappointing result again but we've had a few now where we didn't really get going to til second half, United, Chelsea and today. We all know injuries are taking their toll but why can't the people that are on the pitch put in 90 mins that are instead of 45mins in secind half once we are behind. Eriksen could have really made the difference in the second half but seems like he shagged and needs a day. On to Watford, I assume Son and Eriksen can play?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If Levy needed to see that what we have in depth isnt enough,today was the day.Nkoudou,Llorente,wanyama need to be part of our past,Trippier wtf is going on with him,believed the hype?some senior players didnt help the kids today,expect more of dier,jan,lamela,moura.
Pretty much a shambles today,we sacrificed a cup for a league match on weds to try and keep the money from CL rolling in next year.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
TBF, that’s a great second half against a full strength palace side.

Individual mistakes cost us here, those would have still happened regardless of who was fit
It was a much better second half, but from all that possession we created very little. It wasn’t like the second half against United. We didn’t have the quality up front or the creativity.

There were some good performances Foyth, Walker Peters (apart from his brain fart) Skipp, but a couple have gone backwards Sanchez and Tripps in particular, which is a shame.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Playing possesion football is just rubbish if your 3 players up top have the touch of Bill Cosby.I`ve seen bollards with more movement than Llorente.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I am choosing to simply read this evening.... apart form this post...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Have to say if our outlook is fuck the cups,get 4th,earn more revenue that isnt spent on the team,then count me out.New stadium to pay for woof,woof,woof,blah,blah,blah,all that is doing is making the asset more valuable to ENIC.I dont trust Lewis&Levy to not simply use extra revenue to line their own pockets,Toby&Eriksen walk into any top side,and they probably will because even with extra CL money we wont pay em what others will,thought the new tv deal was sky high,its allowing other clubs to invest in squads,not us.Oh yeah back to the stadium argument,buy a big house,cant afford to furnish it,but hey you got a big house just no bed,sofa,table,fridge,oven.....

Not impressed at all by these comments. from Poch.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...lts/pochettino-top-four-trophies-son-15739928

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Have to say if our outlook is fuck the cups,get 4th,earn more revenue that isnt spent on the team,then count me out.New stadium to pay for woof,woof,woof,blah,blah,blah,all that is doing is making the asset more valuable to ENIC.I dont trust Lewis&Levy to not simply use extra revenue to line their own pockets,Toby&Eriksen walk into any top side,and they probably will because even with extra CL money we wont pay em what others will,thought the new tv deal was sky high,its allowing other clubs to invest in squads,not us.Oh yeah back to the stadium argument,buy a big house,cant afford to furnish it,but hey you got a big house just no bed,sofa,table,fridge,oven.....

Not impressed at all by these comments. from Poch.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...lts/pochettino-top-four-trophies-son-15739928
I didn't like what Poch said either, but he's said pretty close to the opposite before. I don't read too much into postgame remarks, especially after losses.

Don't disagree with anything else you said though.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I have no problem with Poch believing that the domestic cups aren't worth our effort. I know many, many supporters strongly disagree with that, but the fact remains that there are practical and financial matters that back up his belief. I think it is a reasonable positon. What I do have a problem with is his indecisiveness. If he feels the cups are worthless, then the team selection should reflect that. Poch tries the play just enough first teamers (Jan, Sanchez, Tripps, etc.) to make it look respectable. If he really believes strongly that the cups aren't for us, then play the reserves and academy players and drop the pretense. The way he is going about it now shows he is on the fence. Being on the fence is not a strategy or philosophy. Being on the fence means you don't know what to do. Have the balls to stick to what you believe in. I am pretty sure if he delivers top 4 and a CL semifinal the fans will forgive a weakened squad selection in the FA Cup 5th round. Well, rant over.

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’m not sure that was metaphorically Poch speaking......they sounded like Levy words coming out of Poch’s mouth to me.

Very recently Poch was talking about the club needing to operate in a different way. That was a message to Levy in my mind.

Interesting Summer coming up. I think Levy needs to show Poch real tangible support, not lip service and a Jack Grealish type signing. We need to ship 3-4 players and bring in 2-3 proper quality. CL qualification will be necessary for that to happen.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Is the writing on the wall...... yet again?

Honestly I think that stadium will get smashed to bits if Levy fucks this up. Poch is the key to it all.