By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Crystal Palace - A (PL) 12:00 Sun 25th February 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2018-02-25-Crystal-Palace-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

A great opportunity to catch up or overtake our rivals this weekend, United and or Chelsea will drop points this weekend, Woolwich will probably be mullahed by a grumpy City but they're not really a threat to us are they? It will be nice to increase the ginormous gap to 10 points though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
This is a 'funny' game....one that we should always win with our new brilliant team and manager, but it's not always plain sailing. I'm still a bit haunted by that Alan Pardew first game when we lost and we've had a couple of squeaky ones since, together with the amazing Dele goal.

They had a bit of a resurgence under Hodgson and he is a wise old codger, but if we switch on and give it the beans for 90mins I think we'll win about 3-1. There may be a few scares along the way but all will be well in the end. No doubt our travelling support will be their usual magnificent,vociferous self and shut the Palace black shirted 'Ultras' up.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We have no right to win any games... but we should win these at a canter.

We won't though.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We should be able to score a few as Palace haven't got a keeper for Sunday? Only rumours, probably bollocks but the internet is whispering that Wayne Hennesy has been badly injured in training, Speroni is crocked long-term. Maybe it's Hodgson playing mind-games, that would be funny, owlface going all Jose on us.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
How many could Harry get.... This could be his moment to make a serious stake for another record.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
pochettino says Toby Alderweireld couldn’t finish yesterday’s training session as he “suffered a small incident in the same leg” (as the hamstring injury). He’ll be assessed to see if he can train again and face Palace.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
pochettino says Toby Alderweireld couldn’t finish yesterday’s training session as he “suffered a small incident in the same leg” (as the hamstring injury). He’ll be assessed to see if he can train again and face Palace.
#readyforRochdale

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Some quotes now from Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson, who is now missing a dozen players from his squad.

"We have so many players missing, it is a strange situation. There are no returns, but a few more out," says Hodgson. We have 12 players out now, six or seven of them first-team regulars. (Jeffrey) Schlupp, (Martin) Kelly and maybe (Joel) Ward could be back in the next week or two.

"Wilf (Zaha) is progressing well, but is still weeks away. It looks as he's much further forward in his recovery than he medically should be at this point. Great credit to the medical staff and Wilf himself.

"We've trained as normal and took the chance to give the players a day off with no game over the weekend. We've been on the pitch all week."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Some quotes now from Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson, who is now missing a dozen players from his squad.

"We have so many players missing, it is a strange situation. There are no returns, but a few more out," says Hodgson. We have 12 players out now, six or seven of them first-team regulars. (Jeffrey) Schlupp, (Martin) Kelly and maybe (Joel) Ward could be back in the next week or two.

"Wilf (Zaha) is progressing well, but is still weeks away. It looks as he's much further forward in his recovery than he medically should be at this point. Great credit to the medical staff and Wilf himself.

"We've trained as normal and took the chance to give the players a day off with no game over the weekend. We've been on the pitch all week."
I don't like this, not even a teeny bit, it has banana skin written all over it! We need to go big, full strength and play this game like it's a cup final (not the carrier bag cup, a proper cup).

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Wilf... What a shit nickname!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I've got a feeling we're gonna be right up for this, a good chance to put pressure on the te0 ams above us, with United and Chavs playing after us then City V Goons midweek (as well as in the cup) then Chelsea play City next week too. I think we could be in a very good position in a couple of weeks time but we gotta take this one as seriously as Juve, Arse, Manure and Dippers game recently as doing well in them won't count for much if we cock it up now. I've got great faith in this side though and think we'll go out all guns blazing tomorrow. Palace are fucked too!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lets hope they havent truly realised they are in the shit again and fight as hard as they should!!And hopefully next week huddersfield feel a little more complacent about relegation too after their win yday!!As i said is the time abouts when the teams down there put in the effort lacking the first 30 games!!A win today would go a long long way to top 4 make no mistake.

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Not quite sure why we are so sluggish to start. Have to get it together now and put in a second half display.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anyone know why Poch appears to favour Serge over Tripps in the big games? Is it pace because I think Trippier delivers more threat.

Diamond Whites

Diamond Whites

Player in Training.
Need to be more direct. Game is crying out for Sonny and Moura. Would also like to see Trips replace Aurier so we can get more balls into the box.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Need to be more direct. Game is crying out for Sonny and Moura. Would also like to see Trips replace Aurier so we can get more balls into the box.

Read my mind. Literally about to write the same thing. Son and Trippier need to come on. So much space oyt right but Aurier has a poor cross, and we need Son on for a goal.

Diamond Whites

Diamond Whites

Player in Training.
Does Aurier know what elevation on a cross is? Every low ball he puts in gets intercepted.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
That Big unit out on their left has been doing some mileage.

Diamond Whites

Diamond Whites

Player in Training.
I have seen enough of Aurier. He is beyond putrid.

We should never have signed him. Absolute liability with a track record of disciplinary issues on and off the pitch. Just got to hope he grows up a bit, and Poch can help turn him around.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Thank fuck for that! Vital 3 points, thought it was gonna be one of those days, weren’t at our best but the boys stuck at it, especially happy for Harry as it wasn’t one of his better days but the lad just never gives up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well thank heavens for the 3pts,didnt play well but how any fan could accept their team parking up at home like palace did is beyond me.At least Rochdale and newport (and wigan) showed its worth having a go even when you`re underdogs.They cannot be suprised when even a playing poorly quality team gets the goal to win it,oh yeah Woy,thats why Kane doesnt take corners btw.