By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Crystal Palace H (PL) 12:00 Sun 5th November 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-11-05-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Crystal-Palace.jpg

Remember, remember the 5th of November. Will we remember it or will it just disappear into the purple haze that is still floating about like a loverly acid flashback in our brains after what happened last night. I woke up this morning thinking I'd had a loverly dream, fucking unusual that because my dreams are normally not nice, oh no geezers my subconscious is not a place anyone would want to visit. But it wasn't a dream, it was real - or was it? Who knows what is real, who knows if this is the 'official' match day thread that @Don Diaz demanded or just a figment of someone's imagination?

It would be embarrassing to lost to Palace, they only beat lower rate teams like Chelsea, they have lost their last 7 away games and we need to start improving our home Premier league form. It's all very well knocking over very poor sides like Liverpool and Real Madrid, but we need to start beating the big teams at Wembley!

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well said Sir........and I will be wearing my lucky socks for this one as the pants don't always work. Difficult to replicate the intensity that we saw last night against Palace, but important to rest and go again which i think Poch will ensure. He can now use the West Ham performance as his 'kick up the arse' anytime he needs it for the rest of the season.

The Man Utd result was a Fake result, teams that park the bus,especially at home, have wankers as managers and get boo'd by their own fans don't count. We will win this, maybe with a couple of changes, Serge might be back, Moussa might start, Vorm in goal maybe we'll see. I also see a 3-0 win for Spurs, but I'd settle for 1-0, because there's a Wembley curse that we just can't shake off.....one day maybe, sometime soon, we'll start beating big teams and scoring goals.

He's magic you know........

COYS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dont like palace at all,with their fake microphoned atmosphere ultras pmsl !wont be long til they are back down,hopefully this season and we`ll help em on their way!!You would think with zaha,benteke,sakho,cabaye,that good smart lad fosu mensa they`d be ok,oh hang on puncheon,connor wickham,tomkins,scott dann maybe not!!

Hopefully they will be perfect opposition for us,meek,too naive to park a bus and dare to go toe to toe!!Get a result here and two week break for any running repairs with international week,and all will be fine before the scum pilgramage.
Talk of lamela possibly turning up for a game?are hugo & Davies fully fit,no way for Toby i am sure,hopefully no reaction with Kane`s hammy,Son nice&rested he did for them last year I remember.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dont like palace at all,with their fake microphoned atmosphere ultras pmsl !wont be long til they are back down,hopefully this season and we`ll help em on their way!!You would think with zaha,benteke,sakho,cabaye,that good smart lad fosu mensa they`d be ok,oh hang on puncheon,connor wickham,tomkins,scott dann maybe not!!

Hopefully they will be perfect opposition for us,meek,too naive to park a bus and dare to go toe to toe!!Get a result here and two week break for any running repairs with international week,and all will be fine before the scum pilgramage.
Talk of lamela possibly turning up for a game?are hugo & Davies fully fit,no way for Toby i am sure,hopefully no reaction with Kane`s hammy,Son nice&rested he did for them last year I remember.
Deschamp says Hugo is injured for possibly 2 weeks,so step up Mich!!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Good day of football Sunday. Can see some beverages consumed down the pub.

We played a blinder last night and can now call on

Son
Vorm
Dembele
Aurier

To bring some fresh legs in to the team. Not to shabby that!!

Unfortunately our central defence is lacking a tad without big toby. I was saying to a lad last night it's a strange one. We have a great centre back selection, but they all play at the same time. Dier, Toby, vert and Sanchez, so one gets injured and there is no replacement really other than a formation change.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We should rest a few where we can... the physio are getting busy as fuck.

When I say rest I mean be 4-0 up at half time and then rest them.

Coys.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I hope the former England players under Woy will smash them

Kane scoring direct from a corner would be funny

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Important just need to win this, not too bothered how we play, you can't peak for every game. Win and move on, some fake injuries and be fresh in two weeks for the Scum, that's very important.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Dele hamstring apparently,2 weeks off,or is it just to get him out of england duty?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Wow....

Dele hamstring apparently,2 weeks off,or is it just to get him out of england duty?
Vorm? Davies? Dele? Dembele? Poch is confident, good luck lads, just win

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

So,new keeper on debut,Hmmmm I remember thorstvedt`s debut .Vorm must be crook cos Whiteman makes the bench,Has to be enough to beat this lot,people playing for their places.Fancy Son to have a good un today.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Michel Vorm misses out with a knee injury.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There's no more room in the medical centre....Jesus.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There's no more room in the medical centre....Jesus.
Hey its a 2 week break,timing is fairly favourable,and its Palace,and not counting my chickens,but we could have been away at arse this week.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hey its a 2 week break,timing is fairly favourable,and its Palace,and not counting my chickens,but we could have been away at arse this week.
Away at the Scum is easy :p

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Is it just too much to ask for a routine win,no waiting to shift the bus,,.....just like playing madrid

No injuries though!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
c807afd7-3650-4507-989f-6159084e846d.jpg

Apparently gazza is a bit of a baller,trained with the outfield players before madrid and is very good with his feet,they say.Hope his english is up to it,surely he has leant out,away,up by now though,maybe sign language to build a wall still!!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Got away with that today, a really tough watch!

Suppose it was always gonna be a case of after the Lord Mayor’s show but didn’t think we be as poor as we were. Fuck it 3 points and we move on and well done Gazza!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If this thread goes to 2 pages after that I`ll be amazed !!but 3pts.

When did it become so en vogue to highly praise boring,negative tactics??

Oh thats right,when anyone plays tottenham.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Miles from our best, but I'll take it. Have to hand it to Woy, Palace are still crap but have the spirit and organiszation they'll need to stay up, plus their pace kept us off balance. Best part of the game is seeing that we basically have the best first, second, and third string keepers in the PL imo.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
If this thread goes to 2 pages after that I`ll be amazed !!but 3pts.

When did it become so en vogue to highly praise boring,negative tactics??

Oh thats right,when anyone plays tottenham.
I agree, but they were so terrible under De Boer that getting them to that level of organization in just a few weeks is pretty remarkable. Roy has his limitations, but he can get a team shape sorted out. Plus they were clearly playing for them, and they were't playing for the Dutchman even from the beginning of the season. Put it this way, people are rightly saying we were poor, but I think the opposition had a good bit to do with that more so than the Madrid game.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I agree, but they were so terrible under De Boer that getting them to that level of organization in just a few weeks is pretty remarkable. Roy has his limitations, but he can get a team shape sorted out. Plus they were clearly playing for them, and they were't playing for the Dutchman even from the beginning of the season. Put it this way, people are rightly saying we were poor, but I think the opposition had a good bit to do with that more so than the Madrid game.
yeah i appreciate why they set up like that,but every team that comes and just parks get lauded as tactical geniuses by sky or BT,dont know how overseas commentators view it?surely the game is about entertainment not grinding out 0-0`s which is what these people are applauding.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Today's 3 points could be nice, at least 2 of our serious rivals will drop points today and we needed them luvverly points too take advantage of that. Some very nice positives from today, Dier was splendid, especially in the first half, he needed a bit of a boost I think, so I award him a pat on the back. We have a new Gazza! Gazzas are always good. I think it is sometimes harder playing a team like Palace than a quality side, but 3 points is 3 points.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
yeah i appreciate why they set up like that,but every team that comes and just parks get lauded as tactical geniuses by sky or BT,dont know how overseas commentators view it?surely the game is about entertainment not grinding out 0-0`s which is what these people are applauding.

Problem is though mate, what other option do they really have? They come out and have a go at the top teams, they’re more often than not, gonna get torn apart.

Best chance Palace have is to sit back and use the pace of Zaha and Townsend on the break.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I'll take that with bells on tbh. Delighted with the debut from Gazza, and Dier was excellent. All very clichéd but the injuries couldn't have happened at a better time what with the break now. Huge 3pts imo

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Problem is though mate, what other option do they really have? They come out and have a go at the top teams, they’re more often than not, gonna get torn apart.

Best chance Palace have is to sit back and use the pace of Zaha and Townsend on the break.
I dont blame palace,i understand why,
Its more pundits,commentators supporting a game killing method or actually calling it good play,its not,more often than not teams lose.And look at the shit mourinio got for parking at anfield,and yet burnley,swansea,palace rock up in a double decker at wembley and its genius from the same people.Call it what it is,boring,negative,defeatist football,too much like Serie A for me.
Example,should we have parked up in the bernabeu and thought its only 1 nil no disgrace or have a go and come away with something for taking a chance.Only one type of football to support for me.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I dont blame palace,i understand why,
Its more pundits,commentators supporting a game killing method or actually calling it good play,its not,more often than not teams lose.And look at the shit mourinio got for parking at anfield,and yet burnley,swansea,palace rock up in a double decker at wembley and its genius from the same people.Call it what it is,boring,negative,defeatist football,too much like Serie A for me.
Example,should we have parked up in the bernabeu and thought its only 1 nil no disgrace or have a go and come away with something for taking a chance.Only one type of football to support for me.
Yeah, you're right about the media. The only thing that's been really impressive to me about Palace is how their team spirit and discipline has changed. There's nothing brilliant about putting teams in banks of four, but getting players back on board after such a disastrous start is a different matter. Of course, the personnel at Palace are way more suited for that than for the style De Boer was trying to play. What will be really interesting is if Everton try to bring in a manager in the mold of Hodgson, Pulis, fat Sam, etc., because they don't have the players to play that way imo.