By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Crystal Palace (H) PL Sat 14th September 2019 15:00

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Are we in 'must win' territory yet? Harry's scoring magic is obviously working, so let's have another hat-trick please. The slump must stop. I was having a friendly chat with a geezer the other day, yeah right, like I have friendly chats! Anyway, he denied there was a slump 'Champions League final innit?' But, I weren't not having none of that, we only won 6 of the 13 games we played in the Champions League last season and there aren't enough cherries in the world to put on top of that cake to make it look nice. Of course it was great to get to the final, but if it looks like a slump, quacks like a slump then it probably is a slump. 4 wins in 16 League games, time to reboot!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
must win if we want to challenge for the league, not if we only want top 4...😶

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
https://www.football.london/tottenh...o-ndombele-sessegnon-eriksen-parrott-16908014

Is Kyle Walker-Peter fit to start and on the other side might we see Ryan Sessegnon make his debut?

We have plenty of options for Saturday. Of course, we played Davinson Sanchez. Kyle, after his injury, is with the group and Serge Aurier and on the other side we have Ben Davies, Danny Rose and Ryan Sessegnon. We need to assess tomorrow the cases of Tanguy Ndombele, Ryan and Kyle tomorrow what condition they are in. We have seven games in 21 days. It's going to be tough and we need all at their best.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
must win if we want to challenge for the league, not if we only want top 4...😶
I don't think the league title is an option this season, it would need an incredible improvement from us combined with City and Liverpool falling to bits. Top 4 is important of course, League Cup is the easiest to win, FA Cup would be great, something shiney is needed for the team and the fans.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Play Winks and N'dombole in the middle, start both Jan and Toby. Play Kane, Son, Eriksen and Moura up top. Three, points easy breezy.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Will be at the stadium around 1pm. Thought it’s about time I tried to meet and have a beer. If anyone is around, PM me

Ignore that, trains up through London Victoria are delayed until 2, will not be coming up

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We’ve had 1 bad result this season and every team has them, even City, remember Andros goal for Palace last season. No slump, last season is over, we just need to push on now in the relatively easy run of games coming up. Breaking teams down that park the bus at WHL, has always been difficult. Dele coming back will help that. The transfer malarkey has finished and everyone now knows where they stand. Time to crack on and put in a few performances.

We’ll win at least 2-0 today and look really good. Naysayers not required yet this season.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We’ve had 1 bad result this season and every team has them, even City, remember Andros goal for Palace last season. No slump, last season is over, we just need to push on now in the relatively easy run of games coming up. Breaking teams down that park the bus at WHL, has always been difficult. Dele coming back will help that. The transfer malarkey has finished and everyone now knows where they stand. Time to crack on and put in a few performances.

We’ll win at least 2-0 today and look really good. Naysayers not required yet this season.
Don't think I'm a naysayer despite me saying we're in a slump, I think that's fairly obvious The good thing about slumps is they end and the anti-slumps begin. I am sure we'll win today and in 6 games time we'll be top of the recent form table, as always I expect us to win our next game, I always do and always have,.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Van Arnholts had a fucking beast there......

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What a crack from SON....

Massive credit to Serge what a whip

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Palace don't know what fucking day of the week it is.....
Their midfi.....well it's not there...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Verts and Toby make such a fucking difference.

Phenomenal defenders physically and positionaly and can both move 15 yards further towards playing that DLP/Quarterback style position allowing our midfield to operate in more dangerous areas......

Wingbacks with pace give us room and width to exploit through the middle while also add that outlet for the quarterback/midfield to use.

We're grafting like fuck too.

Only 32 mins in and Palace look fucked.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This cant carry on.....

That is a crazy cross from Harry. On a fucking plate!!!

Just a brace from Harry and they Troy and his pals must get 45 mins...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ayew and Mousa have got beef... watch this space

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That was a nice relaxing Saturday afternoon! I'm a bit jealous of all that sunshine, it's like the fucking appokalypse here, thunder, lightning, 10 times the average rainfall for the whole of September in the last 4 day, my massive great barbecue was blown over, fucking tornadoes just down the road - sunny Spain my left bollock. On the plus side a nice bottle of wine costs about the same as one of quids, so I ain't never coming back to Blighty.

Aurier did some good work today, Sonny was fired up, no need for over-exertion in the second half. The slump is over!

An interesting stat, it doesn't happen very often so you won't be nicking my betting opportunities - home sides have been 4-0 up 34 times in the Premier League and have not scored in the second half in 14 of those games (41%) - sometimes you can grab some silly odds on Betfair backing against a thumping in the second half.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Brilliant half of football, the most direct and dynamic we've seen by far. There was a reason Palace looked so shit. IN addition to the obvious Son and Aurier, Winks and Sissoko were massive, both always looking to pass through the lines. One thing I thought was interesting was that Poch has obviously had a word with the players about tactical fouling to avoid the break when we lose possession. Bit of the dark arts that we've been lacking some in recent seasons.

RE: Aurier's performance. Since players I regularly slag off almost invariably end up becoming quite good, does that mean I should shut the fuck up, or just start slagging off all our players?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Brilliant half of football, the most direct and dynamic we've seen by far. There was a reason Palace looked so shit. IN addition to the obvious Son and Aurier, Winks and Sissoko were massive, both always looking to pass through the lines. One thing I thought was interesting was that Poch has obviously had a word with the players about tactical fouling to avoid the break when we lose possession. Bit of the dark arts that we've been lacking some in recent seasons.

RE: Aurier's performance. Since players I regularly slag off almost invariably end up becoming quite good, does that mean I should shut the fuck up, or just start slagging off all our players?
I think we made palace look shit because for once we were pressing like before,faster passing,not wasteful and mostly they kind of neither parked the bus and made us ponderous side to side,or threatened us by going for it.Think placid tactically is a good description,and that suits our strengths.
I think the city comparison is spot on,they (and liverpool) commit a huge number of fouls in the opponents half or halfway area when a team is in "transition",geek word for they are coming at you!!Its a tactic that works or has worked,take a yellow and stop a counter at pace when you are set up allover the place.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Probably the last time we had a freaking 3pm Saturday kick off 😂
That's the sort of stat I look at and say 'nah., fucking bollocks that is , fake stat!' but it's true! We had some at Wembley, but that was the last one at WHL,

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
That's the sort of stat I look at and say 'nah., fucking bollocks that is , fake stat!' but it's true! We had some at Wembley, but that was the last one at WHL,
What's the next one... I'm putting 20 notes on 3-0 to us right now...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Southampton on the 28th.....

Hmmmmmmm will have to keep an eye on the odds.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
What was Beckham there for?