By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

December.... time to shine

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Cyw3COfWEAAd2jV.jpg

Well,the hellish month of december when thanks to coca-cola`s trademarking of Mr Claus we have to endure red&white decked out everywhere,no wonder arsenal and liverpool fans deludedly believe they actually win the title in december eh??

Well november always looked hellish on paper,yes we tanked in the CL and lost away to league leaders chelsea,but a draw at the emirates and a flukey 3min madness goalfest against west ham,leave us sitting comfortably in 5th just 3pts outside the top 4.

This is the month when you may not win the league but you can I believe lose it,we have one final CL fixture which we must avoid defeat in to claim the inevitable annual Fiorentina derby match in march in the Europa league,and then 4 premier league fixtures on top of the swansea which we just won comfortably.(sorry but my travels delayed this months preview!!)

weds 7th dec CSKA CL home

then PL matches;
Sun 11th dec man utd away
weds 14th dec Hull home
sun 18th dec Burnley home
weds 28th dec southampton away

I can honestly see us capable of winning everyone of these matches,I know we wont,but 2 wins&2draws would be a good enough take away from the trickiest of months when we reach halfway in a season.Actually this xmas period is not as brutal as previous years,ICYMI we are away at watford on new years day and face chelsea for a bit of revenge 3 days later.Maybe if those two matches are added on to the schedule it looks its normal brutish self.

Other key matches in this period could be
everton v arse
for some reason I want to say palace v chelsea
man city v arse
everton v liverpool
liverpool v man city

even without banana skins sides are going to drop points!!Will we be ready to pounce in january??

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Time to put a good, solid winning run together starting with Pick making Jose suffer again.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Soz but the Europa is not important to me in comparison to the league.

I'm not fussed if we bonk.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'm hoping for a nice streak of wins now (aren't we all, lol). I'm not fussed about the CSKA game to be honest with you. But a win at OT next weekend and we could really set our selves up for a good month Hull and Burnley at home!!! Getting Aguero out of my fantasy team and bringing Kane in for this month for sure, I got a feeling Kane is going to rattle in the goals!

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
It's all set up for a good month but you never know with us the Utd game will dictate things I think a good result there will set it up

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It's all set up for a good month but you never know with us the Utd game will dictate things I think a good result there will set it up
Could see them being ultra conservative after the Everton result, they'll be desperate not to lose to us.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Could see them being ultra conservative after the Everton result, they'll be desperate not to lose to us.
My missus is a Utd fan and their last 3 hole games have fallen so shown on Irish Tv ,I'll be honest they're been major unlucky and havnt got the results they deserved .the good thing even though playing well they have a fuck up in them and given one chance harry will punish them.the pressures are starting to mount on Jose but as I say they're not playing that bad next week will be interesting

B

Bbkyid

Founding Member

You say that, but we are known to turn up in the big games and then take the foot off the pedal. Just look at what happened after the City game lol. I thought we'd be flying after that and then....

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
You say that, but we are known to turn up in the big games and then take the foot off the pedal. Just look at what happened after the City game lol. I thought we'd be flying after that and then....
I think having the international break kinda fucked our momentum after that game and we drew loads of games following City.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Soz but the Europa is not important to me in comparison to the league.

I'm not fussed if we bonk.
Cant say I love the competition and understand the rationale for giving it a miss,but it doesnt kick off again til end of feb,by then we could be out of the FA cup and out of contention in the league.Way I see it is we can always play a half decent side with vorm,davies,trippier,wimmer,CCV,janssen,onomah,winks,carroll,sissoko,lamela and toby didnt start yday so Dier maybe benched,point is we can not take it serious in feb,if we are out there is no option.I would happily also put a side like that out last 8 if we are still up there in the league.If it got to semi-final I would start to think about it more keenly.
Another reason is if we dont lose to cska,then we will have shaken that wembley hoodoo off,and getting a bit more practise there wouldnt go amiss,especially as it would be more a PL set up with the top tiers closed and the 50,000 capacity set.
But I could be happy with the positives if we do tank it and go out this week,I expect us to go through though,a bit of momentum would be good after saturdays rumping of swansea.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
December the shiney time! We done shiningness in the week, we will have done shining today when we run our shiney-ometers tomorrow. I like to rate our shining superhighway against the scum's gloomy dull unshining back alley full of old prossies and junkies. It was a six pointer midweek and will be another today, yeah it's tough wanting City to win but it will be worth it to be just one point behind the scum, we can retake City anytime and we will easily make up the measly one point and be minding the shiney gap from a position of smug shiningness.

The Shining has begun, a horror story for the scum.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Nice piece to make you feel happy at xmas,unless ofc we stuff up against burnley later!!

http://www.footballfancast.com/prem...urs-season-so-far-has-actually-been-a-success
Who are these 'spurs fans' who are annoyed? Come on, name names and I will go round their house and have a chat with them. Cunts.

This a club that has not finished outside the top six in the last six seasons with three top four finishes during that period.

This is what us geezers here know and appreciate, it is a pucker record, the numpties who hadn't even heard of Tottingham before 2010 get the screaming hump if we don't win the league and buy players who despite them not wanting to come to Spurs and their clubs not being willing to deal with Levy - we should still have bought them instead of [insert name here] the cunts we did buy.

Most of my time spent as a Spurs fan I would have bitten off the hand that offered me our recent league results. Are we allowed to be proud of being long-time fans here? I know in the other place you would get slaughtered by the cunts if you dared mentioned 1976-77 and how you remained loyal. Fuck that let's be proud of our history and the fact that we have stuck by the team for donkeys years - and welcome proper new fans who support the team, the way the team play the beautiful game, beautifully and not just the fucking results. The chavs are always looking for those sort of fans. I don't hate the new fans, just the plastic ones who do not love the game, they do not love the team and they are only interested in proving themselves right in the dick swinging competitions. Cunts them folks is.

I am not remotely angry and haven't seen anything that suggests our summer dealings will not be successful, given time. How long did we have to wait for that useless Welsh cunt to become one of the World's best players? Fucking yonks and the numpties would have been howling for him to go if their balls had dropped then, OK wrong, they haven't got any goolies so they couldn't have dropped.

We are doing better than last season, and that was our best ever PL season, so what the fuck is there to be annoyed about?