By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Engerland,engerland,engerland...

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Two great free kicks. Other than that only really worth it to watch the Spurs lads.

England really need to get some creativity into that team in the middle of the park. Livermore and dier is a robust line of defence but it's never going to create anything. Lalana was good and obviously Alli has flair but wasn't at the races but other than that a very static looking team overall. Can't believe smalling and Chill is the best England have. On another note....

Get in there the wee Northern Ireland!! Absolute best day of results we could have had with the draw in the Norway game.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Great effort by the young lads to win against Venezuela. Onomah was excellent.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DCOAj34XoAEmI_g.jpg

Congrats Kieran

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Captain of England Harry Kane shakes hands with Captain of France Hugo Lloris.

It's all about Spurs.

Good luck Kieran Trippier, watch out for Mbappe

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Do our players finally get a rest after this game? At least for 2-3 weeks.....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Harry 2-0 Hugo.....

Just me then....??!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't like to criticise individuals per se, but honestly £50m for Raheem Sterling...pacy yes, end product zero. Never an international player.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I don't like to criticise individuals per se, but honestly £50m for Raheem Sterling...pacy yes, end product zero. Never an international player.
I don't even think he's that good as a PL player. He has his flashes, but so do most attacking players. Wouldn't get in our team.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't even think he's that good as a PL player. He has his flashes, but so do most attacking players. Wouldn't get in our team.
or Man City a lot of the time......and they're worse than us!!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Massive congrats to the U19's winning the European c'ships and brings an end to a very impressive few months for the young English talent coming thru.

The last bit of Linekar's tweet is interesting, in that if we really are starting to produce the young stars of the future, will they be allowed to develop in the 1st XI of pl teams up and down the country, or will this insatiable thirst for immediate success continue to stunt the growth of the future of the national side?

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
For a large proportion of the team that are from Chelsea, I fear it is the latter. They won't give the youngsters a chance to progress to the first team, and would rather the talent is left to rot in their academy than be given the chance to succeed elsewhere.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The Chelsea boys will form part of the loan factory.... anyone that comes to Spurs and is good enough will get a chance.

Who is the right back??? Ha ha

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
Hopefully Spurs will become first choice. One of the title contenders that give youth a chance and have probably the best facilities going.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Looking forward to the chicks international stuff...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
England squad to face Malta and Slovakia
Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton),Jack Butland (Stoke City),Gary Cahill (Chelsea),Nathaniel Chalobah (Watford),Aaron Cresswell (West Ham United),Jermain Defoe (AFC Bournemouth),Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Joe Hart (West Ham United, on loan from Manchester City),Tom Heaton (Burnley),Jordan Henderson (Liverpool),Phil Jones (Manchester United),Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Michael Keane (Everton),Jesse Lingard (Manchester United),Jake Livermore (West Bromwich Albion),Harry Maguire (Leicester City),Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal),Jordan Pickford (Everton),Marcus Rashford (Manchester United),Chris Smalling (Manchester United),Raheem Sterling (Manchester City),John Stones (Manchester City),Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool),Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City),Kyle Walker (Manchester City),Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It will be interesting to see who is first choice right back.........

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
WAYNE Rooney’s record-breaking international career was actually pretty shit when it comes down to it, football experts have concluded.

Despite scoring more goals than Bobby Charlton and appearing for his country more times than Bobby Moore, pundits cannot remember anything distinguished Rooney did in the England shirt beyond wiping his nose on its sleeve.

Tom Booker of website Global Soccer said: “Apart from him stamping on the gonads of some Portuguese player back in the 2006 World Cup, I’m racking my brains to think of anything remotely useful he ever did.

“Sure, he scored lots of goals but weren’t most of them against Andorra and San Marino in walkover qualifiers, so they don’t count.

“Face it, you might as well have had Wayne Sleep playing in his position all those years. And he wouldn’t have got sent off as often.

“It is altogether possible that his greatest performance for his country was in his debut in an honourable 1-3 home defeat against soccer giants Australia in 2003, where he scampered about in a promising sort of way.

“After that, however, he tried gallantly but ultimately failed to do anything of any significance whatsoever.”

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It it over? Has it finally finished? There must be something in the Geneva convention on cruel and unusual punishments covering games like that. England vs Malta was without doubt the longest 90 minutes I have ever experienced. Dull as fuck, England are the Arsenal of International football. I know fuck bleeding all about tactics as you all know, but even I could see that everybody except Hart standing around within 2 meters of each other is not such a brilliant strategy. If Malta had been bit fitter then I think Ingerlund would have struggled to win that, they flagged at the end and allowed the dismal Ingerlund to score.

I am not an England supporter, but I grew up in England live and here now so I am not unchuffed when they win and I enjoy seeing them play well, but I don't remember that happening. They have two chances in the World Cup. 1) It is cancelled because the FIFA corruption is uncovered or 2) They withdraw in protest at the corruption, homophobia, racism etc. in Russia.

A shit week for Ingerlund, Joe Root makes the daftest declaration I have ever seen and throws away a win, and that dogs-dinner of a game last night. I am researching my family tree for proof of my da's pikeyness, yep, Limerick pikey born and bred he was, but he never kept any papers because he thought the feds might catch him - again. Does anybody know the address of the Irish embassy so I can apply for a nice new passport and be a proud Irish Euro-remainer, because I am not mental despite what all those doctors and psychiatrists say?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Thank god for Spurs again...and Harry in particular.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Thank god for Spurs again...and Harry in particular.
Monday's Ingerlund game against Slovakia has to be better - doesn't it? I can't sit though 90 more minutes like Friday night before the voices take over completely and I do the bad things, there's only so much my fragile grip on sanity can take. Harry will score at Wemberlee and open those floodgates - he will, won't he?

Yeah, it will all be fine, H will bag a hat-trick in the first 20 minutes, get subbed off for a nice rest and then we'll go on to mullah Everton on Saturday, I can't see Rooney being in their team, Koeman laid down the law to him about getting pissed up and being a cunt, so he has to drop him. I hope he doesn't because the taunting from the travelling Yids would be delicious!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Blimey! The gap between Ingerlund ad Spain is too big to be minded. Mind that gap,? Nah don't bother it;s a fucking chasm. The beautiful game was just that last night, beautiful. Isco was all right eh? What do England need to do to get that good? I know! We could join a group of other neighbouring countries, trade with them learn stuff they do good like football from them and teach them stuff we do good like,.. err, err, ermm moaning about foreigners and the weather.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've just had another great idea! Them Spaniels is right good at footy OK? So how about we send someone over to Spanieland to buy some kids. They don't mind selling their kids because they are foreign and have loads of them. Of course they would sell us a few spare kids, who wouldn't want their children brought up in the independent paradise of the UK, soon to be free of foreigners and where everybody will have their own fluffy unicorn, big pots of gold and their own personal floor in the new NHS Hospital that will be built right next door to where they live, paid for by the £10bn a second the EU steal from us? Obviously we'd need to change their names, Juan would become Quentin, Carlos could be Tarquin, that would toughen them up in the inner city schools they would be placed in, where class sizes would be 2 because there will so much money spent own education, the bottomless pit of money recovered from the EU will mean that there will be 10 teachers too every child and they can learn things like history, you know 1966, the sacrifices of Saint Farage, how we beat the French back in 1066 and the long English heritage of our glorious royal family who can trace their English heritage back donkey's years - back to when the dinosaurs where cruelly wiped out by immigrants.

They will obviously grow up to be good footy players, and they can be called English, while they are playing football of course, not in real life, they would live in the camps set up for them, if they turned out to be mutants and weren't good at football they could be sent back to Spain, on a rowing boat because of course there won't be any more flights to Merkelland from the new Empire of England and the Isle of White, the Channel Tunnel will be filled in, using all that foreign ciabatta, olive oil and hummus rubbish that will of course be banned. That will stop them all sneaking in to take our £10,000 per hour jobs when we were all down the pub on a Sunday afternoon, eating proper curved English bananas, English Subway bacon sarnies and riding round on out 10million watts hoovers.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
So FIFA have opened an investigation into Dele's finger and he may miss the start of the World Cup eh? This is the same FIFA that took bribes to award the competitors to Russia and Qatar, the some corrupt mafia family who steal huge amounts of money from the game. FFS are they really going to ban banter and sarky gestures between players on the same team?

OK, if FIFA ban Dele then I would say fuck you, none of our players will come to your shabby corrupt competition in Russia, personally I would boycott the fuck out of it anyway and send a message to the FIFA pigs with their noses in the trough. We could hold an alternative world cup somewhere else, maybe the new Lane?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Nothing will really change at FIFA until someone sets up a rival organisation with enough weight to challenge. A bit like Kerry Packer did with Cricket a hundred years ago and the IPL is doing now.

UEFA now Platini has gone would have a chance, because outside of Brazil and Argentina they have all the worlds top nations, supporters and cash.

Someone needs to do something though, it's silly. You won't like this but Ref's also get a tough time, having to make important decisions in a split second. Whilst it's their job I would prefer a Rugby style where the Ref has more respect and TV replays are there to help and give the bloke some time and breathing space.

This exact situation won the test series for the Lions against NZ earlier this Summer.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Nothing will really change at FIFA until someone sets up a rival organisation with enough weight to challenge. A bit like Kerry Packer did with Cricket a hundred years ago and the IPL is doing now.

UEFA now Platini has gone would have a chance, because outside of Brazil and Argentina they have all the worlds top nations, supporters and cash.

Someone needs to do something though, it's silly. You won't like this but Ref's also get a tough time, having to make important decisions in a split second. Whilst it's their job I would prefer a Rugby style where the Ref has more respect and TV replays are there to help and give the bloke some time and breathing space.

This exact situation won the test series for the Lions against NZ earlier this Summer.
If Dele had done that in a Rugby match the ref would have just said 'don't be a twat', Dele would have said 'sorry sir', yes they have to call the ref sir in Rugby - and nobody would have been remotely arsed about it. Football is a physical game, passions are inflamed, tempers are raised - people need to stop being pussies about fuck bleeding all. Punishments need to be given out for violent assaults like wot Rooney did, not handbag swinging, sledging and banter.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've just woken up after Thursday night's game, it sent me to sleep for nearly 2 days. I saw some really old blokes playing Walking Football with more pace and passion than that total old bollocks from Ingerlund, the other night. They have qualified for the World Cup, but playing like that they won't get past the first round. Is it Southgate? His quote about how crap they are and how they're not going to become Spain in the next 8 months should tell the FA wankers that he's the wrong man for the job.

The players are good enough, except Sterling, I don't rate him at all, oh and Stones, I don't think he's that good and Walker, fucking blimey they nearly had 2 classic Kyle Wanker back pass cock ups from him, really lucky not to concede and fucking Glen fucking Hoddle, I loved the bloke as a player but to make Hart man of the fucking match when he got away with fucking murder, 2 penalties should have been given against him, for ferks ferking sake Goddle mate! At least Harry got a bit of Wemberlee scoring practice in, that the was about the only highlight of the match.

I will be having a bet on Ingerlund being on the first plane home.

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
On the positive side, our origami planes takes some beating...