By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

England International team...

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Ha ha that shit player Isco has just made it 2-2 with another good Spanish goal....

Oh bollocks I've just realised that this sounds like a first OMT thread....ha ha. Won't happen again!!
Fucking levy ,harry should get the job,Tim would work wonders here ,they should of got de boer in ,England should offer 13 million a year to get Avb...that the usual omt thread covered ???

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Southgate's shit and needs to go.

That Stones, useless.

Vardy was lucky

Didn't see the game though.

Nah, this mindless slagging off in OMT's is over rated. each to there own I guess.

Our lads made it through in one piece? Did Walker get the whole match off?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yeah Walker didn't play, Rose played for 80mins and Dier for 96mins....he was knackered by the end and couldn't keep up with our new January signing...ha ha

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I was surprised. It was a good game and I enjoyed watching it, blimey that's a turn up for the books, an enjoyable England game - what the fuck does that mean 'a turn up for the books', it's just gibberish innit?

I'm not overly arsed about England, the little isolated country that used to be OK until it was recently destroyed by democracy or the football team, but I do like football played with some pace and passion and last night's game had a bit of that. Danny was once again superbly pucker and as much as I dislike Steptoe, his goal was o good 'un. I expect Gareth was mentally ordering the curtains for his new office at 88 minutes, then ...whoops! I don't think giving up that lead was a big deal, it was just a friendly, the main thing was that the new core of the England team ( depending on who get the job) looks like they could grow into something OK. It is a pain in the arse that Danny, Kyle, Eric, Dele and Harry will be always selected, whoever the manager is and that could cause us aggro, but we have to be proud of the lads and support them in their international careers.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I was surprised. It was a good game and I enjoyed watching it, blimey that's a turn up for the books, an enjoyable England game - what the fuck does that mean 'a turn up for the books', it's just gibberish innit?

I'm not overly arsed about England, the little isolated country that used to be OK until it was recently destroyed by democracy or the football team, but I do like football played with some pace and passion and last night's game had a bit of that. Danny was once again superbly pucker and as much as I dislike Steptoe, his goal was o good 'un. I expect Gareth was mentally ordering the curtains for his new office at 88 minutes, then ...whoops! I don't think giving up that lead was a big deal, it was just a friendly, the main thing was that the new core of the England team ( depending on who get the job) looks like they could grow into something OK. It is a pain in the arse that Danny, Kyle, Eric, Dele and Harry will be always selected, whoever the manager is and that could cause us aggro, but we have to be proud of the lads and support them in their international careers.

A turn up for the books is a phrase that comes from gambling on horse racing, if a certain horse is expected to win and everyone bets on it but then another horse beats it the bookmakers do well off that race and the punters lose out, they call this a turn up for the books. I only know this as my grandfather was a gambling addict.

Didn't watch the game last night (forgot it was on to be honest) so can't make any comments that are of relevance to the match but I will say a little bit of me would like to see Southgate get the job as we have had enough foreign managers (I don't have a problem with foreigners by the way) and we have had a couple of old school type En;lgish managers in Big Sam and Woy so I would like to see a young English manager who has spent time with the under 21's get a crack, at least that way he may feel less committed to picking the same players that always let us down and actually give the youngsters he's seen before a chance. Plus I get the feeling his style will be a bit more gung-ho at times which will hopefully mean more exciting football and a team that actually has a good go at the opposition. I'm done with thinking England will win anything but I'd like to see them have a good crack at their opponents as we couldn't muster up the effort against Iceland for fuck sake.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
A turn up for the books is a phrase that comes from gambling on horse racing, if a certain horse is expected to win and everyone bets on it but then another horse beats it the bookmakers do well off that race and the punters lose out, they call this a turn up for the books. I only know this as my grandfather was a gambling addict.
"you`re off your rocker" is a phrase from redneck bible belt,where the crotchety old grandma on the porch,finally whinges enough to get right on your thruppenies so you tip her out and down the stairs..

true story :oops:

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Anyone bothered about tuning in this evening....?

Que more racist bullshit from backwards cunts.

Let's hope H gets a few minutes and continues scoring... it'd be nice if he looked like he was enjoying it for a change but one step at a time.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Anyone bothered about tuning in this evening....?

Que more racist bullshit from backwards cunts.

Let's hope H gets a few minutes and continues scoring... it'd be nice if he looked like he was enjoying it for a change but one step at a time.
Do I look bovvered? I can't get internationals on my telly here (unless it's Spain playing) and I can't be fucked with those dodgy streams anymore, luckily I can watch all the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Spanish leagues, Boxing, UFC, F1 and that fucking stupid netball game the septics like on my €8.99 per month DAZN subscription. It's mental, DAZN is a UK company but you can't watch UK football on it in the UK and if you could it would cost a lot more than a measly €8.99 a month! The commentary is all in Spanglish of course, but that's OK.because 'el comentario me ayuda a aprender un poco más de español' because the lazy cunts around here can not be bothered to speak England like wot I do, fucking cheek! 'Hablan bien el inglés' down in fucking Benidorm, but thank fuck I don't live there.

Also, I am very, very, very, extremely anti the World Cup being held in Qatar and I will not watch a single game. OK, I will because I am a hippokritikal cunt and I love football, so I will probably watch all the games, but I will be seething with righteous anger at the corrupt fucking circus and Mrs D will be giving me that look when I use that word she does not like.

We have got a friend coming for a visit on Friday! The first one since the lurgy - 19 months ago!. I am looking forward to seeing her, but I am scared she will will infect me with the Johnson variant, so I will have to abandon my super-health regime and drink copious amounts of alcohol because everyone knows that alcohol kills bugs - and I won't give a fuck because I will be pissed, luckily booze is very cheap here, really, really cheap. So apart from the weather, the really nice welcoming Spanish people, the food, the cheap booze, the mediterranean a 10 minute walk away, my swimming pool, 1/4 the council tax we were paying in England and .. .....of course the weather ,again, I think I will be staying. Fuck me! No don't, but I just had a thought, it's 2 years and 7 months since I posted my Day Zero post here, escaping from Brexit was a dream before then but the reality is on the whole, very nice. There have been some shitty moments, but life is hard then you die, but so many things have been way better. The Spanish health system is fucking brilliant, I have got my (your) money's worth for sure. The UK government pay around €5,000 per old UK person to the Spanish feds (if you have a S1) and then I can fill my boots with another stent for the ticker, MRIs for head injuries, getting a full screening and seeing the cardiologist every year just to make sure everything is OK.

Whoops, I went off on one didn't I? No I won't be watching the match tonight is the simple answer.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What a hit from Kane.... did nothing all game, not a sniff... Wallop... 1 - 0...!!!

I would say if Grealish stopped falling over and tried beating 1 player instead of half a dozen and crossing the ball instead of cutting back and showboating like a wanker... we wouldn't have needed a fucking worldie against the ex scum keeper.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Poles probably deserved a point... but its another example of not using your squad and finishing off a game...

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Didn't see the Hungary tilt last night but read a match report.

For non-football reasons. But, I note that his holiness Gareth fielded a 4-3-3 with two attacking midfielders deployed ahead of a conventional destroyer. And by all accounts, it didn't fucking work.

I was excited to see the same formation when the teamsheets came out on that day of infamy last month, but let's hope NES has truly put that to rest.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Was a really great game. Toone and Russo turned the game around for your lot. Germany was very sound in midfield but I always felt your ladies were destined to win. Shows what self belief can do.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
England were IMO the best team in this tournament by some distance. Best players, best manager. Well done to them.