By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Europa League 20/21

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Guess it would have been too much for UEFA to pair opponents by proximity because, you know, it's a pandemic and all.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Guess it would have been too much for UEFA to pair opponents by proximity because, you know, it's a pandemic and all.
The magic of money,suddenly rules dont matter,thats life!! or death

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
From the official club site:

The winners of our UEFA Europa League second qualifying round tie against PFC Lokomotiv Plovdiv 1926 will be away to either Romanian side FC Botoşani or KF Shkëndija of Macedonia in the third qualifying round. The single-leg tie will take place on Thursday 24 September (KO TBC) and must be decided on the night. This season, all qualifying ties in the competition will be single-leg matches played behind closed doors, with the winners advancing to the play-off round on Thursday 1 October.

Why are we playing these ties 'away' was it simply random or as a result of league position. I would imagine that after 5 years of CL our UEFA coefficient is high?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

The winners of our UEFA Europa League second qualifying round tie against PFC Lokomotiv Plovdiv 1926 will be away to either Romanian side FC Botoşani or KF Shkëndija of Macedonia in the third qualifying round. The single-leg tie will take place on Thursday 24 September (KO TBC) and must be decided on the night. This season, all qualifying ties in the competition will be single-leg matches played behind closed doors, with the winners advancing to the play-off round on Thursday 1 October.

Why are we playing these ties 'away' was it simply random or as a result of league position. I would imagine that after 5 years of CL our UEFA coefficient is high?

west of turkey is a plus. hoping our kids can go out and give them hell and not waste our legs

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Luck of the draw,first team out the hat gets home advantage.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
13th sep - Everton home
17th Sep - Plovdiv away
20th Sep - Southampton away
22nd Sep - League Cup 3rd round
24th Sep - Romania or Macedonia away
26th Sep - Newcastle home 29th Sep - League Cup 4th round
1st Oct - ANOTHER Europa League qualifier
3rd Oct - Man Utd away

And Kane has 2 england fixtues before this.One striker!!Levy I see you....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Thank fuck we didnt draw alamaty.

EgxxovVWAAYMYTj

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Thank fuck we didnt draw alamaty.

EgxxovVWAAYMYTj
God alamaty that's a long way away.

I assume we will have a lot of player rotation or even two teams - a bit like the British Lions in Rugby Union, one for the weekend and one for the midweek matches.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
God alamaty that's a long way away.

I assume we will have a lot of player rotation or even two teams - a bit like the British Lions in Rugby Union, one for the weekend and one for the midweek matches.
well wingers we are ok with......

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Shkendija in North Macedonia for Spurs next Thursday

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Just the fact this thieving country merely adopted the name Macedonia & inherited its rich history without even being or speaking Greek pisses me off.
But that's a whole other topic.

Anyway, I hope we knock the shit out of them (not that it's this little club's fault).

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Just the fact this thieving country merely adopted the name Macedonia & inherited its rich history without even being or speaking Greek pisses me off.
But that's a whole other topic.

Anyway, I hope we knock the shit out of them (not that it's this little club's fault).
This is the kind of rhetoric I'd expect from Skiatospurs.

I jest. This is an odd trawl through memory lane for me...an ex of mine hailed from Macedonia, and her old man was Bulgarian.

I'll have to move over to another thread now to post a Fred Eaglesmith song called "I Miss Her Dad."

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This is the kind of rhetoric I'd expect from Skiatospurs.

I jest. This is an odd trawl through memory lane for me...an ex of mine hailed from Macedonia, and her old man was Bulgarian.

I'll have to move over to another thread now to post a Fred Eaglesmith song called "I Miss Her Dad."
Its all quite amusing to me,we have to remember to call it skopje infront of greeks here,perhaps we should have got all pissy about all those places around the world with names stolen from england.I understand the issue but its not my problem to have.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham will face either Rostov or Maccabi Haifa at home in the Europa League play-off round if they beat Shkendija next Thursday.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Its all quite amusing to me,we have to remember to call it skopje infront of greeks here,perhaps we should have got all pissy about all those places around the world with names stolen from england.I understand the issue but its not my problem to have.
Haha, I live on a street with a name stolen from England...and we should sure as shit give it back, cause it's Woolwich!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

The 2020/21 UEFA Europa League group stage draw takes place from 13:00 CET on Friday 2 October at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland. It will be streamed live on UEFA.com.

Who is involved in the draw?
ESP (3)
: Villarreal, Real Sociedad, Granada*
ENG (3): Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur*
ITA (3): Napoli, Roma, AC Milan*
BEL (3)
: Royal Antwerp, Gent**, Standard Liège*
NED (3): Feyenoord, AZ Alkmaar***, PSV Eindhoven*
AUT (3): Wolfsberg, Rapid Wien***, LASK*
CZE (3): Sparta Praha, Slavia Praha**, Slovan Liberec*
GER (2): Leverkusen, Hoffenheim
FRA (2): LOSC, Nice
POR (2): Braga, Benfica***
SCO (2): Celtic*, Rangers*
CRO (2)
: Dinamo Zagreb*, Rijeka*
GRE (2): PAOK**, AEK Athens*
ISR (2)
: Maccabi Tel-Aviv**, Hapoel Beer-Sheva*
BUL (2): Ludogorets*, CSKA-Sofia*
RUS (1)
: CSKA Moskva
UKR (1)
: Zorya Luhansk
TUR (1)
: Sivasspor

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

The 2020/21 UEFA Europa League group stage draw takes place from 13:00 CET on Friday 2 October at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland. It will be streamed live on UEFA.com.

Who is involved in the draw?
ESP (3)
: Villarreal, Real Sociedad, Granada*
ENG (3): Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur*
ITA (3): Napoli, Roma, AC Milan*
BEL (3): Royal Antwerp, Gent**, Standard Liège*
NED (3): Feyenoord, AZ Alkmaar***, PSV Eindhoven*
AUT (3): Wolfsberg, Rapid Wien***, LASK*
CZE (3): Sparta Praha, Slavia Praha**, Slovan Liberec*
GER (2): Leverkusen, Hoffenheim
FRA (2): LOSC, Nice
POR (2): Braga, Benfica***
SCO (2): Celtic*, Rangers*
CRO (2): Dinamo Zagreb*, Rijeka*
GRE (2): PAOK**, AEK Athens*
ISR (2): Maccabi Tel-Aviv**, Hapoel Beer-Sheva*
BUL (2): Ludogorets*, CSKA-Sofia*
RUS (1): CSKA Moskva
UKR (1): Zorya Luhansk
TUR (1): Sivasspor
What do the * mean ?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What do the * mean ?
click the link!it will tell you who is in which Pot.we are pot 1.(highest seeds).BTW I saw bookies have us as low as 6/1 favs for this.

* 21 Play-off round winners
** 6 Teams eliminated from UEFA Champions League play-off round
*** 3 Teams eliminated from UEFA Champions League third qualifying round (League Path)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We have the second highest UEFA coefficient in the whole draw and miles ahead of even the third team and yet still had to play 3 qualifying round matches which has cost us Sonny. Ridiculous, whilst we've been doing this nonsense UEFA could have been sorting out the indefensible handball rule, rather than counting the bribery stash.