By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Europa League 20/21

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
Was looking for a prize money list in pounds and pence...only found some with a weird squiggly thing infront.
Gave up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham have been drawn alongside Bulgarian champions Ludogorets, LASK and Royal Antwerp in Group J

Draw in full
Group A: Roma, Young Boys, Cluj, CSKA Sofia

Group B: Arsenal, Rapid Vienna, Molde, Dundalk

Group C: Bayer Leverkusen, Slavia Prague, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Nice

Group D: Benfica, Standard Liege, Rangers, Lech Poznan

Group E: PSV Eindhoven, Paok Thessaloniki, Granada, Omonia

Group F: Napoli, Real Sociedad, AZ Alkmaar, Rijeka

Group G: Braga, Leicester, AEK Athens, Zorya Luhansk

Group H: Celtic, Sparta Prague, AC Milan, Lille

Group I: Villarreal, Qarabag, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Sivasspor

Group J: Tottenham, Ludogorets, ASK Linz, Royal Antwerp

Group K: CSKA Moscow, Dinamo Zagreb, Feyenoord, Wolfsberg

Group L: Gent, Red Star Belgrade, Hoffenheim, Slovan Liberec

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EjU6GIDWoAEg8i4

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Well we ain't in the Champions League anymore, that's for sure. We should be able to win this group with minimal effort. Let's hope that's the case.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Seeing as I havent seen a THFC graphic,here are the fixtures for the group stage.

22nd oct LASK (H) 20.00
29th oct Antwerp (A) 17.55
5th nov rugrats (A) 17.55
26th nov rugrats (H) 20.00
3rd dec LASK (A) 17.55
10th dec Antwerp (A) 20.00

Rnd of 32 18th&25th feb
Rnd of 16 11th&18th Mar
qtr finals 8th&15th April
semi finals 29th April&6th May
final 26th May Gdansk

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Seeing as I havent seen a THFC graphic,here are the fixtures for the group stage.

22nd oct LASK (H) 20.00
29th oct Antwerp (A) 17.55
5th nov rugrats (A) 17.55
26th nov rugrats (H) 20.00
3rd dec LASK (A) 17.55
10th dec Antwerp (A) 20.00

Rnd of 32 18th&25th feb
Rnd of 16 11th&18th Mar
qtr finals 8th&15th April
semi finals 29th April&6th May
final 26th May Gdansk
Antwerp away twice, even UEFA hate us.......... ;)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don't know what to make of it
Its all about more money I guess??as if there arent enough fixtures,now mid table teams will suffer stretched squads and the glamour of playing in countries never heard of.....or is it a way of getting european football to the milan sides,arsenal,man utd??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What in the devil is this ??

It's the Tier 3 (Tiers are important these days) European Championship isn't it? for teams finishing 7-1oth in our case in the league, or something like that and to let the winners of the Lithuanian and runners up in Azerbaijanian leagues have a bash in the rest of Europe. The qualifying rounds will start in June, just before the leagues have actually finished, and it will take 3 and half years to complete, the winners will get a place in the Europa League qualifying rounds and an Amazon voucher. Personally I hope the final between Burnley Depression and Riga Nazi's, in Tallin on January 2nd 2025, is a great success.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It's the Tier 3 (Tiers are important these days) European Championship isn't it? for teams finishing 7-1oth in our case in the league, or something like that and to let the winners of the Lithuanian and runners up in Azerbaijanian leagues have a bash in the rest of Europe. The qualifying rounds will start in June, just before the leagues have actually finished, and it will take 3 and half years to complete, the winners will get a place in the Europa League qualifying rounds and an Amazon voucher. Personally I hope the final between Burnley Depression and Riga Nazi's, in Tallin on January 2nd 2025, is a great success.
Loooooollll.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
champions league,you were having a laugh......

Welcome to thursday nights;
Manchester United, FK Krasnodar, Club Bruges, Dynamo Kiev,AFC AJAX, FC Shakhtar Donetsk, FC Salzburg, Olympiacos FC

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
champions league,you were having a laugh......

Welcome to thursday nights;
Manchester United, FK Krasnodar, Club Bruges, Dynamo Kiev,AFC AJAX, FC Shakhtar Donetsk, FC Salzburg, Olympiacos FC
Decent teams, but not outstanding. Should be able to beat that lot over two legs with the first team. Sorry just jinxed our EL chances.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Decent teams, but not outstanding. Should be able to beat that lot over two legs with the first team. Sorry just jinxed our EL chances.....
Its not a fearful bunch is it! Still dont agree with losers being rewarded with a 2nd chance,still uefa`s grand plan failed cos Inter came bottom,after all its just about a parachute payment for whoever from the big 14 drop out.
Wonder if Poch will be at united by then????

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Its not a fearful bunch is it! Still dont agree with losers being rewarded with a 2nd chance,still uefa`s grand plan failed cos Inter came bottom,after all its just about a parachute payment for whoever from the big 14 drop out.
Wonder if Poch will be at united by then????
I think (hope) he's managing abroad for a cpu[le of years, in Spain, France or Italy and then comes back to us when the pressure (silverware) is off. The hot property atm is Julian Nagelsmann at Leipzig. I went home and away to that last season and I love the way they play football, Ajax style of the olden days....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think (hope) he's managing abroad for a cpu[le of years, in Spain, France or Italy and then comes back to us when the pressure (silverware) is off. The hot property atm is Julian Nagelsmann at Leipzig. I went home and away to that last season and I love the way they play football, Ajax style of the olden days....
1607615131091.jpeg
images
images
images
images
images

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
They hate Salzburg eh? ;)

Why didn't we all do this when Chelsea and then City 'bought' their success?
TBF wimbledon gave MK dons some shit 😭 A lot to admire about how ze german fans have kept some control of the football in the face of the money.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dundork..... seriously how are these farmers in this competition?

I known thats arrogant but fuck me, teams of this standard devalue the competition.

Teams from the champions league are now in this competition. The elite level football. And they could (and on merit at this point of the competition) face any club side in the world.

If I'm getting this all wrong then happy for it to be pointed out and i dont know how to not make it sound arrogant and dismiss whatever Dundorks achievements may have been...

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Dundork..... seriously how are these farmers in this competition?

I known thats arrogant but fuck me, teams of this standard devalue the competition.

Teams from the champions league are now in this competition. The elite level football. And they could (and on merit at this point of the competition) face any club side in the world.

If I'm getting this all wrong then happy for it to be pointed out and i dont know how to not make it sound arrogant and dismiss whatever Dundorks achievements may have been...
Arrogant ? No. Disrespectful on several levels ? Yes....and I'm not going to get in to why...
They're there because they qualified through their Domestic league and then were good enough to beat 3 teams over 2 legs to qualify. So good on them.

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bayern Munich? Cough
Think they are still 51% owned by supporters groups?but yeah its a one team league,and ultimately that do them in,cos its that which will make a euro league more likely.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'm going to say something a little unpopular, maybe: I like the Europa League. I joke about Thursday trips to Transnistria or the Arctic Circle like everyone else, and the teams dropping down from the CL devalues it. But I honestly enjoy watching teams I don't normally get to see. There is some dross in the competition, but there's some entertaining football being played too. I was always annoyed when Redknapp would essentially dismiss it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm going to say something a little unpopular, maybe: I like the Europa League. I joke about Thursday trips to Transnistria or the Arctic Circle like everyone else, and the teams dropping down from the CL devalues it. But I honestly enjoy watching teams I don't normally get to see. There is some dross in the competition, but there's some entertaining football being played too. I was always annoyed when Redknapp would essentially dismiss it.
I wish it was straight knockout,would improve the format no end,and give the dundalks of the world a dogs chance in any round.Seeded groups are terrible for entertainment and IMO sporting chance,its a format for tv revenue for the entities that vote for it,and obviously uefa/fifa join in the cash feeding frenzy.
The only time I can think an underdog has beaten the seeded group protection to win was greece 16 years ago.They not only had to beat the teams but a system set up against them.

Whisper it quietly I also like the league cup.Too much trophy snobbery in football,3 domestic trophies some get the chance in europe and people want to bin one of the domestic cups because "its beneath them".I would play europa all day rather than not be in a european competition.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I wish it was straight knockout,would improve the format no end,and give the dundalks of the world a dogs chance in any round.Seeded groups are terrible for entertainment and IMO sporting chance,its a format for tv revenue for the entities that vote for it,and obviously uefa/fifa join in the cash feeding frenzy.
The only time I can think an underdog has beaten the seeded group protection to win was greece 16 years ago.They not only had to beat the teams but a system set up against them.

Whisper it quietly I also like the league cup.Too much trophy snobbery in football,3 domestic trophies some get the chance in europe and people want to bin one of the domestic cups because "its beneath them".I would play europa all day rather than not be in a european competition.
Knockout play throughout, like they used to be, would make it a much better competition, and alleviate some of the legitimate concerns about fixture pileups.

Another reason I like these competitions is that it gives us a chance to watch our own players we don't see very often, especially the younger boys. Still remember seeing a young Harry Kane in the EL against Hearts and (I have to admit) thinking he didn't look remotely good enough.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

Ironically, it took a German to lead them in beating the system.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Knockout play throughout, like they used to be, would make it a much better competition, and alleviate some of the legitimate concerns about fixture pileups.

Another reason I like these competitions is that it gives us a chance to watch our own players we don't see very often, especially the younger boys. Still remember seeing a young Harry Kane in the EL against Hearts and (I have to admit) thinking he didn't look remotely good enough.
same reason I think the league cup has a place,chance for the other 14 to play and induct kids to the squad.