By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Euros 2020 (2021?)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a cracking game Germany v Hungary was last night! England's opposition changed four times during that game and the France v Portugal matches. Hungary should get a wildcard pass through to the next round for effort. So, England finally got ze Germans in the knockout round eh? They'll probably lose on penalties, that's compulsory I think when we play the Germans.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Germany has been pretty shite too, though. Winner should get the the semis

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
If we can't beat this Germany team we never will and might as well pack up for good.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
There's no such thing as a bad German team, especially when it comes to the finals of a major tournament. They always find a way.....especially against you lot.....usually on penalties......when there's no Russian linesmen about!

Should be a cracker in fairness..

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Wales look like they're getting mullahed at the moment, Ben Davies getting out of the way of the shot Denmark scored from? Nah, not happy with that. Rodon needs to calm the fuck down, it was a foul and it was a yellow cared and shouting 'fuck off' three times at the ref is going to get you a red, it should do.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Wales were pony, Denmark were not. The ref was a clown, but it didn't make any difference to the final score.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It's lucky there isn't a worldwide pandemic that has killed 5m people, because if there was that rammed stadium in Budapest where the Dutch are playing the Czechs might cause problems. What a fucking joke, a full stadium, not a mask to be seen.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Anyone see the rugby Premiership final between Exeter and Harlequins - fuck me what a game, 11 tries and proper sporting occasion. Fuck the football...watch it, brilliant game.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Watched the France - Swiss match.
Entertaining 2nd half.
Was really wondering if Sissoko was going to have to take a pen. Mbappe spoiled the tension.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Two great games last night, Spain and France both leading 3-1 then fucked it up to take the games into extra time, Spain got away with it, France did not. I of course am supporting Spain in these Euros because I don't want to be murdered by my neighbours - OK, maybe not murdered but the supply of free oranges and tomatoes might dry up.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Mbappe........one of the worlds best footballers? I beg to differ.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate.... I think Stones has been a dream... (little bit of sick in my mouth now).

Saka is too good for them... I imagine Citeh will buy all the Prem shineys again so he'll probably be on their shopping list... along with others

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Feels like Monday & Tuesday was the real start of the tournament, especially Monday which was fantastic for any football fan. Looking forward to Saturday now.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Italy looked very good against Belgium...

Passed them to death and defended like absolute warriors...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'm still at the same place I was before this tournament began--no idea who I think will win it. I will say that in IMO Christian's near-tragedy, and the feel-good story of the team's response has caused a lot of commentators to overlook what a very good side Denmark are. Very strong spine, including PEH, with quality attacking talent.

Yes, the opposition hasn't been the best (though the Czechs were very good too) but they'll be far from pushovers for England. I think we're in for two excellent semi-finals.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
England have got better as this game has progressed, the ref is fucking hopeless, Denmark could have been down to 5 players by now. They are a good side, dirty fuckers but good and they probably feel pissed off being a goal down because of yet another Stirling dive, he could have been booked 3 or 4 times for diving. I hope this doesn't go to penalties it's already eat past my bedtime.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Is Pickford Lloris in disguise? His kicking and decision making is pony as fuck. Shrewd move to bring Foden and Grealish on, how can the streakies concentrate with those ridiculous Barnets in front of them?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Phew, I can go to bed now, no penalties. A deserved win for England, Boris will be claiming that He was the one wot got it done.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Wow, we're in a fucking final...

Denmark we're great opponents and to be fair I think over think over 120 mins we probably edged it as they seemed dead on their feet... yeah going down to 10 men wouldn't have helped but at that point we were well on top imo.

Italy will be tough as they're very good... they'll controll the play when we don't have the ball and we'll have to do the same when we get the chance. It'll come down to whoever is most clinical with those chances... I can't see it being an end to end thriller.

They'll highlight pickford as the weak link.... because old poppadom wrists is a fucking head case...! Kid needs some serious therapy or to smoke a blunt before kick off... calm the fuck down lad...!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I thought Denmark were the better team in the first half, but offered nothing after they took Damsgaard and Dolberg off at about 65 minutes or so. England, as Dorset said, got better throughout the game--Sterling was absolutely brilliant, as was Walker--and deserved it in the end, even if the pen was a bit soft. People were talking about Denmark as if they were some sort of part-timers who were punching above their weight, but that's a very good team.

Honestly, England have been better and better throughout the tournament, which speaks well of Southgate's management, and to the depth of the squad. Can't wait for the final. Brazil-Argentina in Copa America on Saturday, England-Italy on Sunday, can't get any bigger than that.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I am a bit excited about tonight's Super Spreader Final, whatever happens England will be World beating in its number of new lurgy infections. Hopefully it will be a good game, Italy are a really good side and England showed they can be good in the last game. If they don't get steam-rollered in the first half then who knows, Sir Harry, or Lord Harry Of Walthamstow could be on the cards. I will sneer at him mercilessly for accepting a stupid medieval honour in the 21st century but will be secretly chuffed for him. Have there been any 'Sirs' in football before they retire from playing?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I am a bit excited about tonight's Super Spreader Final, whatever happens England will be World beating in its number of new lurgy infections. Hopefully it will be a good game, Italy are a really good side and England showed they can be good in the last game. If they don't get steam-rollered in the first half then who knows, Sir Harry, or Lord Harry Of Walthamstow could be on the cards. I will sneer at him mercilessly for accepting a stupid medieval honour in the 21st century but will be secretly chuffed for him. Have there been any 'Sirs' in football before they retire from playing?
I really hope it's a cracker...pity that some English fans were letting off fireworks every half hour outside the Italian hotel last night though. Its such a pity that a tiny minority of rent a brains ruin it, not only for genuine decent England fans, but only enhance an already tarnished reputation.
Between that and laser pens home advantage, the easy side of the draw and dives, I think you've certainly put yourselves in the driving seat.😉
This is the best England team for years and the best managed imo..

Think you'll win 2-1...

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Arse hole already twitching...

Well looking forward to it and could you imagine what a win would feel like... I can only liken it to the 2008 Carling cup win and this is immeasurably better than that...

What I want is.....

Harry to get an early goal and them to equalise... about 20 mins later...

We respond with Sterling getting a second just before half time...

Come out secone half and they equalise after 5 mins...

Bang on the hour mark H unleashes an absolute rocket from outside the box and we start to take serious charge of the game... 70 mins he grabs another (probably a header) to settle the nerves and then they pile on loads of pressure making pickford earn that golden glove...

With 92 mins on the clock H nutmegs Chealinin sticking him on his arse and rockets one into the net completing his hat-trick, winning the golden boot and declaring his love for Spurs in the post match press conference...

If Carling did football matches...!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Obviously all kinds of emotion surrounding it, but I think this will be a cagy one, tbh. Both teams would prefer to play on the counter. Apparently Southgate's got Trippier in his starting XI over Saka. Good luck England. Whatever happens, this has been a fantastic tournament.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Arse hole already twitching...

Well looking forward to it and could you imagine what a win would feel like... I can only liken it to the 2008 Carling cup win and this is immeasurably better than that...

What I want is.....

Harry to get an early goal and them to equalise... about 20 mins later...

We respond with Sterling getting a second just before half time...

Come out secone half and they equalise after 5 mins...

Bang on the hour mark H unleashes an absolute rocket from outside the box and we start to take serious charge of the game... 70 mins he grabs another (probably a header) to settle the nerves and then they pile on loads of pressure making pickford earn that golden glove...

With 92 mins on the clock H nutmegs Chealinin sticking him on his arse and rockets one into the net completing his hat-trick, winning the golden boot and declaring his love for Spurs in the post match press conference...

If Carling did football matches...!!!
Thanks for that @Yid
No need to watch now. ;)

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I can't take it any more. I've been a good boy and been patient but 8 o'clock is a long way off. Decision made, the footy (England) tunes are coming on and the beers being freed from the fridge to run enticingly around my ankles. If I don't make the KO then so be it I'll go down in an intoxicated blaze of glory.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Obviously all kinds of emotion surrounding it, but I think this will be a cagy one, tbh. Both teams would prefer to play on the counter. Apparently Southgate's got Trippier in his starting XI over Saka. Good luck England. Whatever happens, this has been a fantastic tournament.
I can see why Tripps over Saka. Saka started off brilliantly but he fizzled out, he was not very effective in the last game. Tripps brings a bit of maturity and experience which will be needed against the falling-over men. Saka has got plenty of time to become a world-class player, if he came and played for us Mr Nuno (NAC) Santa Claus would help him. I would like that goon to become an ex-goon.