By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Euros 2020 (2021?)

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
England has an impressive new generation of talent that can play with freedom & fearlessness.
All the best to you today.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Arse hole already twitching...

Well looking forward to it and could you imagine what a win would feel like... I can only liken it to the 2008 Carling cup win and this is immeasurably better than that...

What I want is.....

Harry to get an early goal and them to equalise... about 20 mins later...

We respond with Sterling getting a second just before half time...

Come out secone half and they equalise after 5 mins...

Bang on the hour mark H unleashes an absolute rocket from outside the box and we start to take serious charge of the game... 70 mins he grabs another (probably a header) to settle the nerves and then they pile on loads of pressure making pickford earn that golden glove...

With 92 mins on the clock H nutmegs Chealinin sticking him on his arse and rockets one into the net completing his hat-trick, winning the golden boot and declaring his love for Spurs in the post match press conference...

If Carling did football matches...!!!
Yeah another Golden Boot for Harry is nailed on! I goal and 2 assists would do it or two goals.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The original Italian job is on itv 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Bastard ITV, they seemed to have cracked down on people using VPNs to watch Ingerlish telly. I blame Brexit, I used to be able to watch ITV Hub before B Day now it is very hit and miss. I was struggling watching crappy streams at the start of the Euros but then found out that all the games are free to watch on Mitele in Spain - doh!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Bastard ITV, they seemed to have cracked down on people using VPNs to watch Ingerlish telly. I blame Brexit, I used to be able to watch ITV Hub before B Day now it is very hit and miss. I was struggling watching crappy streams at the start of the Euros but then found out that all the games are free to watch on Mitele in Spain - doh!
You PREFER the cursed channel? What are you trying to do to us man? Lordy! Beeb all the way in this 'aas -like proppa patriutts init.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Feel for Saka, should never have been put in that position by Southgate.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The winner of this month's Cunt Of The Month competition is ....... Marcus Rashford.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
My head hurts...

I'm not going to be critical of any individuals or of the team or even Southgate...

Well done lads, fucking great job and yous will have learnt something from this tournament and this game, something that can't be taught and something immeasurable in comparison to actually winning...

The pride of putting yourself in a position to have a chance of winning it and for it to be snatched away from you.

If there is a better motivator for every day they step on the field or training pitch in between now and the world cup then I don't know what it is.

Yes, it'd have been nice to have lifted the trophy of course... but the world cup is round the corner and this young side and Southgate will have learned so much that they have given them selves another chance at even bigger glory... why not no one expected them to get to this final...

Well done lads. Over the next few days try and look for the positives in every game you've just participated in, especially the ones where it didn't go to plan...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Sorry, am I missing something? Why?
According to the vulturous media who after building him up with feeding kids and getting royal hours will do all they now can to vilify him and anyone else from the England set up...

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
First half was a great game of football. Second not so much.

What on earth was Southgate doing with those late subs. Taking 2 of the most experienced players in the team off when pens are up next. Unreal!! Hendo would have taken that pressure pen in his stride.

Kane had zero involvement again as the only player in the tournament he linked well with was Grealish who again didn't get a game.

I feel for you English lads, Southgate lost that one on yas!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I don't really watch internationals personally as I just lost interest many years ago but I watched this. Rashford's penalty was a fucking joke. Someone commented last night that it was his "look at me" penalty rather than an actual attempt at a proper penalty and putting your bootlaces through it.

I was watching Kane as well and I don't know if it was specific instructions from Southgate but he did next to nothing. There were times when the ball was only a few feet away from him and he just stood there or jogged away. He's clearly a world class player but there's always that undercurrent of gossip that he fails to turn up in big games and that game will only serve to fuel that fire unfortunately.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't really watch internationals personally as I just lost interest many years ago but I watched this. Rashford's penalty was a fucking joke. Someone commented last night that it was his "look at me" penalty rather than an actual attempt at a proper penalty and putting your bootlaces through it.

I was watching Kane as well and I don't know if it was specific instructions from Southgate but he did next to nothing. There were times when the ball was only a few feet away from him and he just stood there or jogged away. He's clearly a world class player but there's always that undercurrent of gossip that he fails to turn up in big games and that game will only serve to fuel that fire unfortunately.
Kane was class in the first half when we pressured the ball, won it back high up the pitch and attacked them out wide...

2nd half we stopped being the dominant team due to Italy getting their shape better prepared to deal with our threats and us seemingly stopping attacking...

I understand protecting a lead, but until we took our foot off their throat there was only one side going to score the second...

As I said earlier I don't want to be critical because irregardless of the result the whole camp did a phenomenal job of getting this far.

But we bottled it IMO.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Kane was class in the first half when we pressured the ball, won it back high up the pitch and attacked them out wide...

2nd half we stopped being the dominant team due to Italy getting their shape better prepared to deal with our threats and us seemingly stopping attacking...

I understand protecting a lead, but until we took our foot off their throat there was only one side going to score the second...

As I said earlier I don't want to be critical because irregardless of the result the whole camp did a phenomenal job of getting this far.

But we bottled it IMO.
Bang on, couldn't have said it myself. Southgate gifted the midfield instead of hooking Sterling blocking it up.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
England played like Spurs under Mourinho. 7 defenders and 3 attackers, it was boring yet effective in this tournament. Italy were the best team in the tournament and deserved to win.

Kane was devoid of service into him in most games, Sterling had a good tournament but on many occasion, failed to find the pass to Kane. It was frustrating to watch at times. At least Shaw tried, we scored from open play with wide runnings crossing. We did not do that enough

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Unlucky lads. It's always a heartbreaking way to get beaten, no matter what level your at. I thought England started well, but don't understand why after maybe 15/20mins, sat back ?! An Italian equaliser was inevitable. Regarding the penalties, I just didn't understand why the weight of responsibility was put on those lads shoulders..where was the likes of Walker, Sterling, Henderson etc.. ? Its totally irrelevant whether you take penalties regularly for your club...in that situation it's all about nerve and experience. Those players shouldn't have been in that position. All 3 who missed had little or no time to settle in the game before the pens...that didn't help either. I just hope for their sake, as Young pro's, they can deal with it and pick themselves back up. Because there's more to come from them..

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Why? That's a bit strong even for you @Dorset
Why? Because of the way he took his penalty, it was fucking silly, all that dancing around and trying to be clever, you don't see Harry doing all that bollocks do you? There is also a chance that if you fuck up your daft shuffle and stop in your run-up then a scored penalty will be disallowed and you'll get booked like Sonny did.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
According to the vulturous media who after building him up with feeding kids and getting royal hours will do all they now can to vilify him and anyone else from the England set up...
Does anyone think he doesn't deserve a bit of stick for the way he took that penalty? Should we all be nice to him and give him a pass because he's a good bloke off the field? I am not vilifying him because of anything - except that fucking stupid penalty attempt.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Does anyone think he doesn't deserve a bit of stick for the way he took that penalty? Should we all be nice to him and give him a pass because he's a good bloke off the field? I am not vilifying him because of anything - except that fucking stupid penalty attempt.
He is better at it than you or I... silly or not.

That's how he rolls... doesn't bother me.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Pretty sure the last really important penalty Rashford had to take—the one against PSG that won their CL tie a couple years ago—he just lashed it in. I understand why they do the little stutter step thing, but to me, under all that pressure, it just becomes one more variable to fuck up.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
He is better at it than you or I... silly or not.

That's how he rolls... doesn't bother me.
Mate, I know how to take penalties I am always telling those overpaid nancy-boys how to do it when I see them on my telly, if Carling made footballers I would probably drink a lot of Special Brew - I miss Brew, I haven't had any of that amber nectar since my little health 'setbacks', fucking loverly stuff that SB is, and whisky, tequilla, vodka, I have had ONE fucking margarita in the last 5 years, I'm lucky if the boss puts a teaspoon of brandy in the Christmas cake these days. Ciggies, I miss them as well, it's been nearly 20 years since I gave up but I still like standing next to folks puffing away on a Camel, ooh err that sounds rude! I was a dedicated Camel smoker for many decades, 60 a day, fuck how did I afford that? All that bollocks about drinking and smoking being bad for your health, it never did me any harm... oh wait.

I also know how to manage a team, what substitutions to make, who to pass to and when , which direction to dive when a penalty is being taken and could probably play 10 games a week without getting tired and moaning about how much football I had to play if I wanted.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies for any repetition. I enjoyed the tournament once it got going in the knockout stages. Credit to Southgate for getting to the final (and the World Cup semi-final) but we were fortunate on our 'side' of the draw and god only knows why we played Mourinho tactics in the final and sat back defending a 1 goal lead for 88mins. North Macedonia would have scored sooner or later, let alone Italy.

we didn't lose the game on penalties, we lost it during the 90mins with a negative approach. Luckily we have Qatar, that well known beacon of human rights and bastion of global football, and a World Cup to put it right very soon.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
tott_long.jpg

Goalkeeper

Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy)

Defenders

Kyle Walker (England)

Leonardo Bonucci (Italy)

Harry Maguire (England)

Leonardo Spinazzola (Italy)

Midfielders

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Denmark)

Jorginho (Italy)

Pedri (Spain)

Forwards

Federico Chiesa (Italy)

Romelu Lukaku (Belgium)

Raheem Sterling (England)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
tott_long.jpg

Goalkeeper

Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy)

Defenders

Kyle Walker (England)

Leonardo Bonucci (Italy)

Harry Maguire (England)

Leonardo Spinazzola (Italy)

Midfielders

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Denmark)

Jorginho (Italy)

Pedri (Spain)

Forwards

Federico Chiesa (Italy)

Romelu Lukaku (Belgium)

Raheem Sterling (England)
Fair enough, that Chiesa bloke was probably player of the tournament for me. can we sign him please and pay in instalements over 50 years so Levy can afford it.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Fair enough, that Chiesa bloke was probably player of the tournament for me. can we sign him please and pay in instalements over 50 years so Levy can afford it.
Sign ‘em all up. Except that Hojbjerg fellow, who, I have it on good authority (Twitter) is capable only of passing the ball sideways and conceding silly fouls.