By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Everton A [PL] 15:00 Sat 13 Aug 2016

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Everton-vs-Tottenham-Prediction-and-Tips.jpg

Oh yes please Dele,lets have another one!!

evmc7.jpg
evmc8.jpg

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I'm feeling nicely confident about this one. Decent starts are not generally our forte so lets hope the lads are fired up and ready to go. COYS

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I've got a good feeling about this game, tough place to go for sure but I'm confident we can start the season with 3 points. I heard Wimmer had a little knock though which is worrying anyone more clued up than me on the fitness of Wimmer? and how is Jan getting on too?

If Wimmer id fit I'd go with

Hugo
Walker Kev Toby Rose

Dier Wanyama

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Jansen

Leaves a strong bench with Kane, Chadli, Dembele on it as well as Mason and the youngsters too.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Stones has gone,maybe Bolasie and ashley williams coming in before saturday?The nearer it gets the happier i am that we are settled and know how to play to win this game.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Stones has gone,maybe Bolasie and ashley williams coming in before saturday?The nearer it gets the happier i am that we are settled and know how to play to win this game.
Couldn't agree more mate. Both of our signings look pretty settled with the rest of the squad and we look ready to go now!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Defensive boost: "Good news, Jan Vertonghen is ready. Last week was perfect, he trained with the group," confirmed Pochettino

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So we have a full fit squad,except dembele suspended and Son at the olympics.
Cant wait,two days to go!!
COYS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Koeman confirms both Lukaku & Coleman doubtful to feature against #THFC while Williams isn't fit enough & Bolasie deal won't be done in time.
Lukaku "is doubtful because of the cut from the Espanyol game."Seamus Coleman "has a problem as well."

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Koeman confirms both Lukaku & Coleman doubtful to feature against #THFC while Williams isn't fit enough & Bolasie deal won't be done in time.
Lukaku "is doubtful because of the cut from the Espanyol game."Seamus Coleman "has a problem as well."

Sounds like they might have to field a pretty weakened team. Isn't Besic out as well?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
You never know at the start of the season, there are often some weird results. I think Poch will have given the team a rocket after the Newcastle game and I expect a fast start this season....Koeman will be defensive and play counter attack. Can't wait to see what team Poch picks....Dele will have that on his shirt this year not 'Alli' persona l reasons apparently.

2-0 Spurs....

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Koran has said that the players that are available are something like 70% match ready. Hopefully we're at least 71%, we certainly looked it against inter.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Subs: Vorm, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Mason, Onomah, Janssen.

COYS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No bentaleb or chadli,maybe the Nacer rumours hold some truth??
Anyway,good chance today to lay down a marker to the rest,but goodison is a tough ground to go to.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Team looks great.....unusual bench? I'm hoping/thinking/expecting that this could be Lamela's year in the way that last was a breakthrough for Mousa.

Our front 4 on their day can destroy anyone with their movement and ability.

Let's just win lads... COYS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Cpv7_W1XEAAF5cB.jpg

Lamelllllllllllllllllla !!!

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Haven't seen the game.....Lloris injured and some tired performances apparently. Draw seemed like a reasonable result for us in the end, Everton better than last season with Koeman in charge.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Haven't seen the game.....Lloris injured and some tired performances apparently. Draw seemed like a reasonable result for us in the end, Everton better than last season with Koeman in charge.
The proverbial game of two halves!!
Koeman set them up well,narrow at the back 3 vs Kane,3 tricky players on the counter,miralles,barkley and delefou managed to make the ball stick and run beyond,but they never really opened us up.Poch the man with no Plan B,went to plan B with Janssen up top,our goal came out of nowhere a cross from walker and lamela stole in across his man
CpwGQdOWYAAfCgD.jpg

,and then last 30mins was the alamo for them.We maybe should have scored and won,but a draw after the 1st half was probably right.
The lack of creativity when we have lots of possesion between the halfway line and their box,was as we have seen before at times,but pretty much like last season.Janssen looked good,Harry`s touch wasnt quite there yet,and wanyama likes a foul.
Entertaining enough start,yes disappointed with a draw away at everton,thats how far we have come now!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
OK, a slow start, but what was hugely encouraging was the improvement from around the hour mark, none of that old head-dropping bollox of olden-days, I never expected any with our current team but you don't know until you know do you? . Everton have won their opening games in the past 3 seasons, this proves the feeling I had that they were strong starters so a draw away for us is OK. I expect in the other place the season had been conceded by half-time, and we were shite, luckily us intelligent chaps know that there are 37 more games and a draw away at Everton is a reasonable start. I am sure the rustiness will have been well WD40'd for the Palace game and we will duff them over big time.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
OK, a slow start, but what was hugely encouraging was the improvement from around the hour mark, none of that old head-dropping bollox of olden-days, I never expected any with our current team but you don't know until you know do you? . Everton have won their opening games in the past 3 seasons, this proves the feeling I had that they were strong starters so a draw away for us is OK. I expect in the other place the season had been conceded by half-time, and we were shite, luckily us intelligent chaps know that there are 37 more games and a draw away at Everton is a reasonable start. I am sure the rustiness will have been well WD40'd for the Palace game and we will duff them over big time.
Honestly with the exception of a notable few the OMT thread in the other place, was the usual steaming pile of shite, they must be mostly kids.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Honestly with the exception of a notable few the OMT thread in the other place, was the usual steaming pile of shite, they must be mostly kids.
The Dele Alli stuff made me laugh my doodahs off, apparently he's shite! Harry Kane is also shite as is Lloris (yeah really!),Poch made bad substitutions, Dier is a waste of space and we will be finishing mid-table this season.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The Dele Alli stuff made me laugh my doodahs off, apparently he's shite! Harry Kane is also shite as is Lloris (yeah really!),Poch made bad substitutions, Dier is a waste of space and we will be finishing mid-table this season.
I'd say it's unbelievable, but we've been reading it for too many years to be surprised. Even those who thought the performance wasn't all that bad are shitting their pants about Eriksen.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good start to the season. Team looked a bit out of sync as might be expected, but what was most encouraging (though not surprising) was that we were miles ahead of Everton in terms of fitness. I always thought this was the key to a lot of our success last season, especially in the time around Christmas, and had no reason to think it would be different this year, but it was still nice to see.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.

Some are and when you're younger you often don't have that sense of perspective. However, I think there's just a large balance of quite negative personalities and people that want to jump in on threads and shitpost because they are mad online or just want to poke the hornets nest. I'm hardly an optimist, indeed some people would say I tend towards the opposite but some of the stuff in the OMT and transfer threads are just worlds away from my outlook. The Spurs fan who does the season preview and review for the Guardian would fit right in and he seems like a guy who is at least my age, if not older. Most unbelievably negative shite you will ever read.