By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Everton (H) PL, Saturday 15th October 2022, 17:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yay - no Emerson! I'm hoping this will be a good game, I always hope it's going to be a good game, maybe with the sacking of Kamikazee Kwarteng the chaps will be incentivised to work harder, they won't be getting their tax bung, if any of them actually pay tax. I'm hoping Kulusevski is back for this one. If we get a penalty then someone else has to take it cos that Kane bloke is shite at spot kicks, he's missed 2 this season, just because he scored his previous 21 don't mean he's any good, I'd give Hugo a chance. I am being flippant because I don't want to get emotionally involved, if I expect a mediocre bore-fest or comical fuckups then I will be so happy when I see a good performance.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
No Kulusevski again unfortunately. I’m sure I read in the week he’d picked up a knock in training.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I believe the earliest Kulusevski is back is later this week

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Everton.jpg

• 1 Lloris
  • 17 Romero
  • 15 Dier
  • 33 Davies
  • 2 Doherty
  • 30 Bentancur
  • 5 Højbjerg
  • 14 Perisic
  • 9 Richarlison
  • 7 Son Heung-Min
  • 10 Kane

Substitutes​

• 4 Skipp
  • 6 D Sánchez
  • 11 Gil
  • 19 R Sessegnon
  • 20 Forster
  • 24 Spence
  • 27 Lucas Moura
  • 34 Lenglet
  • 38 Bissouma

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Surely that team has to be good enough to batter Everton into tiny pieces?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Surely that team has to be good enough to batter Everton into tiny pieces?
Indeed. I just hope we take the game to them. (which we seem to be doing early on...)

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
We are so good this season
Sterner tests to come though mate, we’ve basically beaten who we’re supposed to beat. Chavs should’ve battered us, and we were soundly beaten by the Arse. Need to shift up a gear against the big boys.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

There must be another gear... I mean there's glimpses of superb football but we look like the hand brake is still on...!!!
Perfectly put sir. We seem to be grinding out results rather than properly beating teams. And that's not an expectation of battering everyone every time, but more something along the lines of a solid defensive performance, good attacking football and never really being in too much bother.

Good win though. Keeps us in touch with the top.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Can I just add... it has to come off some time... some teams will require us to have the handbrake off...!!!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Perhaps we are saving the other gear, it’s a marathon not a sprint…..

Also, I wonder if the World Cup is playing on players minds, or at least our key players. It’s potentially Kane’s last World Cup

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Perhaps we are saving the other gear, it’s a marathon not a sprint…..

Also, I wonder if the World Cup is playing on players minds, or at least our key players. It’s potentially Kane’s last World Cup
Good point. I suppose it’s feasible the medical staff are advising on the level of physical exertion needed to keep fitness levels steady.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Nah, don't buy that...

So all the other players who ain't going to a world cup are holding back too...

It's our tactics, and I understand why Conte does it. We start with an point let's make sure we don't loose it first and foremost...

But we're way way more than that...

Way more.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some degree of involvement from the medical team though, what with the current schedule of 13 games in 44 days and having the cram in an international tournament bang in the middle of a full season as well.

It might not be much of anything but I would have thought they'd want to try and avoid fatigue-based injuries after the World Cup at least.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
There must be another gear... I mean there's glimpses of superb football but we look like the hand brake is still on...!!!
No doubt there’s another gear mate.

There’s just a defensive mindset to our play, a safety first approach. Case in point was our 2nd, when Harry got the ball, Bentancur looked so hesitant to make the overlap, Harry almost had to plead with him to make the run. It kind of encapsulates our game a bit. Flashes of great stuff but what frustrates me, is the unwillingness of runners beyond the ball carrier over the course of 90 minutes. Especially in midfield, I find they play too lateral for too longer periods of games.

Really tough to be too critical though, given what a decent position we’ve carved out for ourselves but I know we can play a more attacking brand of football but I get that it makes us a little more exposed the other way. I want all the bells and whistles but I get it, sometimes we need to conserve energy, to just control games, when the opposition aren’t threatening but I know we can play better, it wouldn’t of taken much extra energy to stick 4 or 5 past that lot in the 2nd half.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Kane has been brilliant in the 2nd half
He really was mate, can you imagine how ridiculous he’d be if he just had an extra yard of pace. He’s actually deceptively quick but an extra yard 🤪

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd be surprised if there wasn't some degree of involvement from the medical team though, what with the current schedule of 13 games in 44 days and having the cram in an international tournament bang in the middle of a full season as well.

It might not be much of anything but I would have thought they'd want to try and avoid fatigue-based injuries after the World Cup at least.
At best I'd say it may be a benefit or symptom of Conté-ball... more effect than cause. Either way I guess if it is a thing its gonna benefit us in the long run

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I really enjoyed the first half, attacking football, no tippy-tappy fucking around, but we slipped back into the old standing off, back passing to Dier, over and over again, from attacking free kicks or good buildups - leading to the inevitable long punt up to nobody. But there were signs of goodly goodness so I wasn't unhappy. I don't get the point of bring subs on for 2 fucking minutes - was Spence any good in his 2 and a bit minutes?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Level on points now with the Erling Haaland eleven after today.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We were always in control and Everton had no significant threat, but didn't really look clinical until we changed formation with the Bissouma for Richy substitution. We're getting there, still winning, level with City ha ha, but tougher tests coming right up. Let's see.

ps. I really hate Liverpool, Klopp and their fans.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
ps. I really hate Liverpool, Klopp and their fans.
Couldn't agree more. The victims of everything and the perpetrators of nothing. Klopp mirrors the attitude of the club and their fans. Loves pointing the finger at everyone and everything else, but never likes looking in the mirror.