By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Everton (H) PL Sunday 13th September 2020 16:30

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Excuse the lack of graphics and interesting stats - I'm hoping normal service ongoing will be resumed asap with more professional, technical IT, and graphics input from the Costa Blanca.....happy to delete this and replace.

In the meantime the football is back for those interested, at White Hart Lane this Sunday against Everton in the Premier League. There's a whole load of new faces, mostly at Everton obviously, who have signed what look like, some talented overseas players. It puzzles me how a team like Everton with about 8 corporate hospitality boxes, a stadium that hasn't changed in years and low ticket prices can afford such luxuries as expensive new talent, whereas apparently we cannot. Is it because the owners truly care passionately about their club, in a Jack Walker (at Blackburn, style all those years ago, or just that they are not so bothered about creating a global sports and arts venue to sell some time in the near future for their own gain.

Anyway enough of the noise, probably the wrong place for it, let's be positive.

This is my preferred starting team from all the players that I can remember, I don't know if Maureen agrees, but I just hope we can play to our strengths in a formation and true Spurs style, whilst keeping a solid defence, which already sounds like an oxy-moron. Let's see. I think (or hope more like?) we'll win this 2 or 3 -1 . Kane is probably already a bit tired having run around for no reward in Reykjavik and Copenhagen last week. Let's hope not.

Lloris
Doherty, Toby, Dier, Davies or Tanganga
Sissoko, Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Son, Dele
Kane

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Cant wait for this.. in a very strange kind of way!! I'm going to give Jose the benefit of the massive doubt, and hope that he truly buys into the Spurs way and doesn't resort to cynical negativity. Anyway, that starting 11 looks ok to me, but would maybe have Lamela in for Dele if he's not out for 6 weeks with an itchy Bum or a wart on his finger.. Of course, Lucas and Bergwijn are also options but preferably from the bench if needed imo..

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Everton have signed some good players... good job their Goalkeeper is still utter shite...!!!

🤞 Kane gets enough of the ball to make the difference.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Jose Mourinho will make a late decision on the fitness of Giovani Lo Celso, who has a hamstring issue, ahead of Sunday's game while Japhet Tanganga misses out with a thigh injury.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Excuse the lack of graphics and interesting stats - I'm hoping normal service ongoing will be resumed asap with more professional, technical IT, and graphics input from the Costa Blanca.....happy to delete this and replace.

In the meantime the football is back for those interested, at White Hart Lane this Sunday against Everton in the Premier League. There's a whole load of new faces, mostly at Everton obviously, who have signed what look like, some talented overseas players. It puzzles me how a team like Everton with about 8 corporate hospitality boxes, a stadium that hasn't changed in years and low ticket prices can afford such luxuries as expensive new talent, whereas apparently we cannot. Is it because the owners truly care passionately about their club, in a Jack Walker (at Blackburn, style all those years ago, or just that they are not so bothered about creating a global sports and arts venue to sell some time in the near future for their own gain.

Anyway enough of the noise, probably the wrong place for it, let's be positive.

This is my preferred starting team from all the players that I can remember, I don't know if Maureen agrees, but I just hope we can play to our strengths in a formation and true Spurs style, whilst keeping a solid defence, which already sounds like an oxy-moron. Let's see. I think (or hope more like?) we'll win this 2 or 3 -1 . Kane is probably already a bit tired having run around for no reward in Reykjavik and Copenhagen last week. Let's hope not.

Lloris
Doherty, Toby, Dier, Davies or Tanganga
Sissoko, Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Son, Dele
Kane
SpursEverton.jpg

Some people are really impatient! Nobody told me it was nearly Premier League day, I am just sitting here sunning myself (not actually as I have a fucking great bandage on my head following another night in the hospital, I smashed my head on the cupboard under the stairs door on Wednesday and had to go the hospital because I was slowly bleeding to death, luckily the CT scan showed I still have a brain and amazingly it does not seem to be damaged, the fucking meds I am taken are barstids because I bleed like fuck).

Let's all forget about last season now and look forward to a giant lobster scoring loads of goals and us winning the washing machine. See I told you my brain was OK!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
So, will we get to see the 'very, very hardworking NDobby' today? I expect he has lost a couple of stone and is 100%up for it!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
COYS! I am feeling fairly confident about this one and this season. If we lose, however, then it's LEVY AND MOURINHO OUT!

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
They should be filming this season because it is all or nothing for me...

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Son's our best player by far out there. Looks sharp. Of the new signings, Doherty's done well but Holjberg looks rusty . Everton finding plenty of space between our centre halves and midfield.
Wouldn't mind seeing Sissoko come on. Need to really up the pace in the second half...

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards

its fucking woeful. This is the first time in a long time I don’t want to watch us play

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
This is fucking brutal! Everton are miles better than us all over the pitch...its slow lethargic predictable rubbish.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
1. Dier is not a CB.
2. Has Sisoko played football before?
3. We have all the midfielders in the world, but they seem to be abso-fucking-lutely invisible when they step onto the field.
4. Can we please have a kick of the ball.
5. Sorry Harry
6. Please don't leave Harry
7. Sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, repeat.
8. What exactly is this formation?
9. Levy out.
10. ENIC out.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Everton will be threatening top 4 this season. See what a bit of investment on the pitch does Levy you cunt.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I'm not a fan of posting while a match is being played, but I am bored with this shit, so as I haven't got any drying paint to watch I'll join in. Oh wait. NDobby is on, now we will see the hard work!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Putting the result aside...

And looking simply at how we have approached this game my opinions from last season haven't changed and to be honest I am not overly surprised or shocked.

We've failed again to invest in a squad that as the last manager stated has come to the end of its cycle and needed rebuilding while we squeezed the last knocking of a performance from the existing players.... last season was that opportunity following the CL defeat. We have not addressed the glaring issues and are now weaker and in a worse position for it.

We have 2 players of sufficient quality in the spine of our side who are worthy of the shirt every week. Lloris and Kane are at opposite ends of the field with literally just filler in-between them. Son and Moura are good players but they're sideshows and ancillary to the spine of the side which brings them into the game for them to contribute.

Its obviously early days and we have got time left in the transfer window for us to sign the required players but on that single performance nothing has changed and if anything we look worse without Vertonghen and Streaky.

Last edited:
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Basically a continuation of some of the turgid tripe we’ve served up over the last 18 months. No energy, no invention, very little in terms of movement, passing was slow and sideways...no surprise.

Our reaction to going a goal behind says it all really. First game of the season, fresh(ish) legs, at home and we created nothing, and looked generally lifeless. You’d think their goal would give them a kick in the ass but they looked as bored as us poor fuckers having to watch!!

As d:ream sang, things can only get better, well I fucking hope they do!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Well that was disheartening. A few observations. Our first touch was dramatically inferior to the Everton players. Specifically, Lucas, Dele, Hoejberg. And our passing is crap. Even in basic situations where playing the ball a bit in front will give our player some space, we pass it late or behind. Also, we have no style. We don't sit back. We don't press. We don't do anything as a unit. Mourinho's substitutes cost us this game. Everything he did backfired. We can't simply rely on Son and Kane to make a brilliant play every match. I want to say nice things. I can't. I am looking forward to 2022.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
We missed Lo Celso hugely today...having said that, when we didn't have the ball we were awful and I include Kane and Son in that. When Everton had the ball I didnt see Kane put anyone under pressure, and didnt see him come back into midfield, demand the ball, and get us going. He was as guilty as the rest of them. Alot of the other players are simply not good enough to be challenging for top 4 finishes and coupled with that is a manager who's finished and a chairman who's losing the fans more day by day...
This is going to be a long season......

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Putting the result aside...

And looking simply at how we have approached this game my opinions from last season haven't changed and to be honest I am not overly surprised or shocked.

We've failed again to invest in a squad that as the last manager stated has come to the end of its cycle and needed rebuilding while we squeezed the last knocking of a performance from the existing players.... last season was that opportunity following the CL defeat. We have not addressed the glaring issues and are now weaker and in a worse position for it.

We have 2 players of sufficient quality in the spine of our side who are worthy of the shirt every week. Lloris and Kane are at opposite ends of the field with literally just filler in-between them. Son and Moura are good players but they're sideshows and ancillary to the spine of the side which brings them into the game for them to contribute.

Its obviously early days and we have got time left in the transfer window for us to sign the required players but on that single performance nothing has changed and if anything we look worse without Vertonghen and Streaky.
Yeah, I'm trying not to get too worked up about one game, but it's not just one game, is it? Passive, mediocre crap. Jose's been banging on and on in this reality-TV wankfest about the need to play with balls, etc., but he sets the team up to play passively time and time again, and disjointed at that. There's really no patterns of play going forward that I can see.

As people are saying, the differences with Everton are glaring. They didn't break the bank by any means, but they invested in some players, loaned in some others, and they looked very good indeed for most of the game IMO. It's a long season, and we may well win a lot of games, but if we're going to get results, it's going to be by playing grinding, crap football, because that's what Levy has decided he wants, apparently. Feels like we're all just watching out of obligation.