By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Ey up - Leeds, lunch time (dinner time if your from t'North)

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Missed it, well happy with the result. Sounds like we were better compared to some of the shit we’ve served up of late. How did my whipping boy Winksy get on?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Very pleased with the result.
Many positives but just wish to highlight a couple of performances.
1. A shame Bergwijn didn't finish off his chances but he was immense coming back & helping defend (particularly Doherty's side).
2. Despite his lack of physical speed, Hojbjerg covers so much ground, snuffs out so many opposition attacks, then picks a clever pass through his speed of thought. Has such a calming effect on the side.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Winks was arguably MOTM.
Yep, I will argue with you about that. I don't think anybody really stood out enough to be MOTM, a goodish team performance but Leeds were a bit soft eh?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Hojbjerg has got to be one of the best signings in the PL this season.
The extra positivity when we got 1 then 2 was there for all to see. It's as if Jose didnt trust the players to manage the games and so he forced the defensive mode on them.
But today, they were definitely more positive, even at 2 up. Maybe Jose realises at last that the players he has actually CAN manage a game and can confidently attack again and again but still not be stupid about it.
If this is the new norm, I'll be alot happier, but whether I can believe Jose will continue along this new positive path.....the jury's still out.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Shows the kind of game it was... Few different selections for best performance.

NDombele MOTM for me. Every time he gets the ball I think something might happen here! The commentator said when he got subbed off he heard Mourinho allows the players to head down the tunnel if the player wants. Bollocks, NDombele was raging! I'm glad to finally see it as although in other games when he's dragged off he looks down, I did think wonder if inside he knows he's fucked. Today he definitely still had fuel in the tank.... However today I actually think Mourinho was right to bring him off. 20 minutes of pure energy from Sissoko made sense, but Mourinho has done that to Ndombele..... Wait for it..... 11 times this season!!! It's obviously finally got to much. Mourinho needs to watch out as that guy is a beast of a player, but I think he needs a pat on the back.

As for the game. I thought we played well, but not really any different to normal. Maybe a bit more dominant in possession and less hoof a ball I guess. Pundits said we looked way better, but I've said before I'd take Mourinhos management against the top 4 all day as when a team attacks us we have 2 assassins up front to catch you on the break. Leeds although not top 4 calibre fall into this category. They attacked us (as they do everyone). We punished them for it.

We did well and great to see a clean sheet. The lads at the back deserved it. Leeds score goals but I don't remember them getting a sniff at our net.

Last thing. Bergwijn. He is an absolute workhorse but he needs to massively sharpen up in front of goal. Theres a reason Kane and Son have had 72% involvement in our goals this season and it's because this fella must be partnered up with Sissoko in shooting practice in training. Couldn't hit a barn door from 4 yards.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Best game I’ve seen from Spurs in ages, Leeds were the perfect opponent and we could have scored 5. For the first time in weeks we scored and kept playing all the way up to the 75th minute, but that’s OK everyone was getting a bit tired by then. Why the fuck we didn’t play like that against Palace and Wolves I don’t know.....not even sure if Mourinho does. I just know that today was much better. Well done lads let’s keep going like this.