By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Facebook Shock!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Oh the horror! Facebook are using your data to target you, who knew? Duh! All this bollocks in the media about Facebook 'misusing' data makes me laugh. If you are daft enough to post all your personal information online then tough titty. It's like leaving your door key in the lock of your house when you go on holiday. Having that fucking mental thing that tells everybody where you are tuned on is absolutely stark raving mental! I occasionally turn on Facebook notifications to an email account, just for a laugh, and I see where my 'friends' are, that would be handy if I was a robber because I would know that 'Fred Bloogs was at Glasgow Airport', so I could nip round Fred's house and burgle it - he's in Glasgow, sorted!

My Facebook account has fuck all personal information, all the stuff you are forced to fill in is made up bollocks. Why would you give what is essentially a marketing company your real date of birth and other personal information? I have never posted anything on it all, I just use it to login to sites I don't want to create yet another made up identity for and to enter competitions, my so-called friends probably think I actually like all the bollocks I have 'liked' for a chance to win a iPlod.

The fucking daft accusation that Facebook has 'misused' data to target people for political campaigns is mental. They have very effectively targetted people, just like they do for advertising. If you 'like' a racist post from one of these new versions of the NF, BNP, EDL, BF, FLA etc. (they're all the fucking same) then they know what to send you - stuff from the Mail, Express, UKIP and Trump bollocks, that is not misusing data that is correctly using it. Facebook, Twitter, Google etc. are not free, they are not a public service, they are commercial organisations who make money from advertising and of course they will try and direct stuff that matches your interests.

Nobody is forced to use any of these platforms, if you don't like the 'evil' way they use your data, don't use them - and for fuck's fucking sake, don't give them real information that could be used to steal your identity or tell burglars where you are. My son told name he had over 200 'friends' on Facebook, so I told him to try and borrow £10 from any one of them, surely a real friend would bung you a tenner if you were desperate? Try it.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Yep that's why my 600 'Friends' think my birthday was yesterday! I don't post picture of the kids either, it's mainly a business tool.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DYzZMtQVoAMCObr.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yep that's why my 600 'Friends' think my birthday was yesterday! I don't post picture of the kids either, it's mainly a business tool.
Happy unbirthday! I get birthday greetings from all sorts of places all through the year.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
The internet is full of adverts. If i receive Adverts tailored to what I like, so be it. If they use some personal data / search history then so be it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Happy unbirthday! I get birthday greetings from all sorts of places all through the year.
Happy Birthday Mr Dorset from all of us here at the Yeovil Thai Massage Centre. Happy Ending xx

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I removed myself from Facebook six months ago.

I cannot begin to tell you how liberating it is.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I removed myself from Facebook six months ago.

I cannot begin to tell you how liberating it is.
I am doing the same post London Marathon in a week and a bits time... I can't stand the fucking thing, but will stay long enough to thank all those who have helped and donated to my charity.

Then it can go fuck it's self.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I am doing the same post London Marathon in a week and a bits time... I can't stand the fucking thing, but will stay long enough to thank all those who have helped and donated to my charity.

I have to keep it unfortunately as get quit a lot of work through my business page there, but don't go on it as much as I used too. It's good for a bit winding up/trolling from time to time though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

@Yid you haven't mentioned the Marathon or your just giving page this year? Highly commendable but useless if you're trying to raise money for a good cause. I'm up for a bit charitable support if you provide a link.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
@Yid you haven't mentioned the Marathon or your just giving page this year? Highly commendable but useless if you're trying to raise money for a good cause. I'm up for a bit charitable support if you provide a link.
Yep last one for me mate before I move onto some other mental personal physical challenge. I didn't want to bang on about it to you chaps again as I am well aware after 6 years of running that I am now a running bore and have pestered many of you very kind chaps for you hard earnt cash year upon year. But if you insist...
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/CWCUK2018
Again all and any donations on behalf of Children With Cancer UK are greatly appreciated.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Yep last one for me mate before I move onto some other mental personal physical challenge. I didn't want to bang on about it to you chaps again as I am well aware after 6 years of running that I am now a running bore and have pestered many of you very kind chaps for you hard earnt cash year upon year. But if you insist...
Again all and any donations on behalf of Children With Cancer UK are greatly appreciated.

So is this your first Marathon or have you done it before...
If so what time you aiming for and what’s you’re best ever time

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So is this your first Marathon or have you done it before...
If so what time you aiming for and what’s you’re best ever time
This is my 5th... London... in a row... for CWCUK.

I'm aiming for a PB after achieving my goal a sub 4hr last year (3:57).

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Good luck mate , donated and let me know if you break 4hrs and it’s doubled

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well done @Yid great cause again, happy to support your effort.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Done mate and best of luck

C

corroded

Player in Training.

In a lot of places my birthday actually is set to the UNIX Epoch, cos why not. 1st Jan 1970.

I'm always telling the girlfriend not to post stuff about where we are holiday wise. There seems to be some kind of cunty arms race where people have to tell us exactly where they are... hey, I'm in Stockholm, wee, I'm amazing.

Then there's cunts like me that if I'm going to post something, post when I get back. Except when I was living with housemates, and knew all my shit was being looked after.

Fun fact, even if you aren't on Facebook, there's a good chance Facebook know information about you. They do anyway, about browsing history, and I bet all this cookie linking stuff works too.

I would bet my face that since they've had people giving them contacts, and messages via Android, they can say with a good degree of certainty that if six people know Dave Tomkins, and Dave doesn't have a phone number on Facebook... all six have a Dave Tomkins in their phones, they can have a good guess that it's the same chap.

The sad thing is I'd dump Facebook tomorrow, I barely use it, except for family stuff and some occasional event planning. Posting updates and all that shit, and being in communities can fucking do one.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
In a lot of places my birthday actually is set to the UNIX Epoch, cos why not. 1st Jan 1970....
....I would bet my face .....
That's a low bet.........ha ha.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
@Yid good luck on Sunday mate. Take it easy in the heat mate, don't worry about the time, keep the water flowing!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
@Yid good luck on Sunday mate. Take it easy in the heat mate, don't worry about the time, keep the water flowing!
I don't mind telling you that while this will be stacked with great memories to look back on..... right now I am not looking forward to it. Twenty fucking six degree's..... After 4 months of training in the fucking snow and sub zero temps!!!!!

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
I don't mind telling you that while this will be stacked with great memories to look back on..... right now I am not looking forward to it. Twenty fucking six degree's..... After 4 months of training in the fucking snow and sub zero temps!!!!!

Don't envy you mate.

5 years in a row is a massive achievement. Good luck.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

I don't believe you should change anything about marathon prep as its very personal, but my boss runs marathons all year round and did the lanzarote one in 29 degrees. He swore by a light cap that he soaked at water breaks. Just ask thought. Good luck chief.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anyone on here who wants to meet up there are several of us in Watkins Folly from 2.30pm