By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Fake News?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There is so much Fake News around these days, even that nice orange chap seems to be a victim of it, shocking! I don't know what the world is coming to when the media is allowed to publish anything just because it happens to be true, luckily we have plenty of papers in the UK who will not be constrained by these petty rules and will publish what 'The People' want to hear!

I have spotted some gems of Fake News about THFC recently, so why don't we all have a look at these nuggets of wisdom and see if we can decide what is 'Fake News' and what is not dreamt up by chaps with the special needs mentality of an Orange Utang?

Harry Kane is having a bad season?

Kane is 4th in the list of top Premier League Strikers this season with 14 goals scored, but if you look at the MPG (Minutes played Per Goal scored) figures of the top ten, which you should because it is the only way to fairly judge a player, then Harry is NUMBER ONE at 123 minutes, if he bangs in a hat-trick or even scores one per match in the next 3 games then he could go top of the list in number of goals scored as well

For 14 of the 24 Premier League seasons, 14 goals would have won the Spurs Golden boot for top PL scorer, already, there are 13 games to go!

It is not inconceivable that he will exceed the previous all time highest Premier League goal tally for Tottenham - 25 goals scored by that other Harry Kane last season, the good one, not the washed up has-been of this season. I do believe that over in Numptyland he was called a one season wonder early last season. Can he score 12 more goals in 13 matches? Yep.

FAKE NEWS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I liked this FAKE news item

the whole wide world knew that Sissouko was a waste of space ( look at the Newcastle fans forums) but still Poch allowed us to waste £30 million on him.
Plus he has recruited prolific scorers ( Soldado and Janssen ) and turned them in to flops along with several other players who were well thought of before he came.

Hmm now Poch recruited Soldado,seems he was running things several years before coming out of the closet as spurs manager.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I liked this FAKE news item

the whole wide world knew that Sissouko was a waste of space ( look at the Newcastle fans forums) but still Poch allowed us to waste £30 million on him.
Plus he has recruited prolific scorers ( Soldado and Janssen ) and turned them in to flops along with several other players who were well thought of before he came.

Hmm now Poch recruited Soldado,seems he was running things several years before coming out of the closet as spurs manager.
I will never forgive the Poch for signing David Bentley (despite THAT goal),and don't get me started on Rasiak! Poch Out!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I will never forgive the Poch for signing David Bentley (despite THAT goal),and don't get me started on Rasiak! Poch Out!
And FFS start a fulham thread!!I did two threads and we lost both,I am cursed I tell you cursed!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Pochettino's Transfer Policy Has Failed?

It seems that the knives are out because we bought Janssen and Sissoko. This suggests to feeble minded people that the Poch is incapable of selecting good players, is this 'Fake News'?

It is remarkably simple to prove this is Fake News, you could just nod knowingly and mention 'Toby Aldereiweld', if this wasn't enough then maybe add in Deli Alli, Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Kieran Trippier, Michel Vorm, Heung-Min Son and Vincent Wanyama, but Toby would be enough for most sensible chaps. There are probably more and I have probably got middled up about who the Poch bought, but it doesn't matter - Toby!

Expecting 100% of the players coming into the club to be the best thing since sliced bread or VDV, is a bit dumb I reckon. You could also have a look at the players who have been released and see that he has done a good job - even if those players are doing well at other clubs.

Sissokko has played just over 600 minutes of Premier League football for us, I don't think that is anywhere enough to decide if he is shite or not. Jannsen has played a similar amount of Premiership footy and he is 22! Imagine if we had adopted a 'fuck off if you are not World class in 5 minutes' policy with that Welsh bloke we got a few quid for? He was pants for ages.

FAKE NEWS

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Pochettino's Transfer Policy Has Failed?

It seems that the knives are out because we bought Janssen and Sissoko. This suggests to feeble minded people that the Poch is incapable of selecting good players, is this 'Fake News'?

It is remarkably simple to prove this is Fake News, you could just nod knowingly and mention 'Toby Aldereiweld', if this wasn't enough then maybe add in Deli Alli, Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Kieran Trippier, Michel Vorm, Heung-Min Son and Vincent Wanyama, but Toby would be enough for most sensible chaps. There are probably more and I have probably got middled up about who the Poch bought, but it doesn't matter - Toby!

Expecting 100% of the players coming into the club to be the best thing since sliced bread or VDV, is a bit dumb I reckon. You could also have a look at the players who have been released and see that he has done a good job - even if those players are doing well at other clubs.

Sissokko has played just over 600 minutes of Premier League football for us, I don't think that is anywhere enough to decide if he is shite or not. Jannsen has played a similar amount of Premiership footy and he is 22! Imagine if we had adopted a 'fuck off if you are not World class in 5 minutes' policy with that Welsh bloke we got a few quid for? He was pants for ages.

FAKE NEWS
As I recall, a lot of fans did! I honestly don't know what people expect with our transfers. It's subjective, but I'd say a higher percentage of transfers under Poch have been successful than under any manager in the modern era. That's not even counting some players, like Dembele and Jan in particular, whose careers had stalled and were rejuvenated, or youth team players like Kane who've made it big under Poch.

I'm also amused at how fans hang a player's price tag over his head as if it was their money. Obviously fans spend money on the club (even fans who can't go to games--I dropped about £400 of my hard-earned at the club shop at Christmas alone) but it's not like Levy and co passed a fucking hat around the Lane to collect funds for Sissoko and Janssen.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
As I recall, a lot of fans did! I honestly don't know what people expect with our transfers. It's subjective, but I'd say a higher percentage of transfers under Poch have been successful than under any manager in the modern era. That's not even counting some players, like Dembele and Jan in particular, whose careers had stalled and were rejuvenated, or youth team players like Kane who've made it big under Poch.

I'm also amused at how fans hang a player's price tag over his head as if it was their money. Obviously fans spend money on the club (even fans who can't go to games--I dropped about £400 of my hard-earned at the club shop at Christmas alone) but it's not like Levy and co passed a fucking hat around the Lane to collect funds for Sissoko and Janssen.
The Sissoko money talk is probablubbly bollocks, I can not see Levy splurging £30m, I am more inclined to believe the £6m per year figure - feck all in modern PL terms, if he doesn't succeed then he'll be off and the Toon won't see all that Wonga. I don't like Levy but I don't rate him as a fool, especially if yuge amounts of money are involved.

Talking about improvement under the Poch, what about Danny Rose? The improvement in him has been farking ginormous, he has gone from being OK to the best left back in the country. Kyle Walker as well has been immense for most of this season, the numpties though expect perfection all the time, they are humane beans ffs! I don't know how much credit can go to the Poch for players like Winks but I am more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt than constantly slag the bloke off, I am not an armchair manager or an expert like the Fake News posters, they are fake, fake news, not beautiful, sad!

Despite the Fake News reports of how bad we are doing this season, it's all good, we are still in the Europa league, we might need to score 3 next week, but we can do that. We are still in the FA Cup and we are well in the top 4 contest of the PL, we aint dead yet despite all the Fake News obituaries.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Talking about improvement under the Poch, what about Danny Rose? The improvement in him has been farking ginormous, he has gone from being OK to the best left back in the country.
Of course, how the hell did I leave him out? Went from likely sale to the mackems to probably our player of the season. I'd much rather see that than have us splurge on some flavor of the month any day

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh deary me its almost as if beating CSKA 3-1 never happened

Going to put the Wembley hoodoo to bed after this one

We need to get a win at Wembley before it becomes some kind of curse....

Oh dear,even when we win it obviously doesnt count,Fake news!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh dear,for someone as pinikity on stats as this prize plum,he really should have checked his facts

It is precisely because we are in a top 4 dog fight that we should play the second team in this game. For Christ sakes, this is the round of 32. We're a million matches away from winning the EL. The important thing is for our first 11 to be fresh against Stoke--the game that really matters.

Actually he is wrong by 999,992 matches,Fake fan Fake news.No suprise there then.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We should have thumped Monaco in The CL

I watched that totally fantastic game last night and I can't wait for the next one, who knows what the score will be - 5-0 Monaco, 7-0 City, 5-5. That young Mbappe bloke who scored the winning goal against us in both matches was brilliant, Falco was also brilliant despite his totally pony penalty, it was a feast of football. The ref made some amazingly good decisions and some really, really bad ones. Yes, it was a dive from Ageuro, he was throwing myself face first into the ground and making sure his leg got tapped before any contact from the keeper, so spot on from the ref there, some of his other decisions were iffy as fuck but made it really entertaining. Monaco were like a herd of wasps, goof footballing wasps though not annoying thug wasps like Leicester. Terrible defending from both sides, Willy Wonka showing what can happen when you faff about 'playing out' - where you watching Loris and Vorm? I hope so. It was like watching a Harry Redknapp Spurs team playing against a Harry Redknapp Spurs team - some beautiful attacking football and loads of goals, triffic.

Absolute proof that Monaco are a top side and beating them was not the formality that some chaps whined about, so that old bollocks about how 'we were pony and should have beaten them':

FAKE NEWS

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We could have / should have signed Mané instead of Sissoko

This sort of fake news gets right on my thrupnies. Numpties seem to think the transfer market is like Tescos, you fill your sky rocket with wedge, wander around the shelves and just buy whoever you want. Wankers! Mané wanted bigger wonga than all of our top players so how the fuck would that have worked out? Levy would have had to increase the wages of all our players, OK, maybe that would be a good idea, but we are talking about Daniel fucking Levy here - not happening. Plus, I really do not believe that Levy has agreed to pay £30m for Sissoko, he is not a silly Billy. I think the reported £6m a year if he stays is more beleivable and Levy would not have been able to negotiate that sort of deal with a Premier league club. Then there is the player himself, maybe he wanted to go to the dippers?

I reckon we could not have signed Mané and this constant whingeing about who we should have/could have signed is very fucking annoying. It's the same old bollocks season after season, we should have signed Mané, Berahino, Austin, and every other cunt who we did not sign. It is like the cunts who after every disappointing result come out with what the Poch should have done - bollocks, bollocks and bollocks!

FAKE NEWS

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Catchphrase - say what you see - 'Numpty getting ready to post some fake News'

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
C9r4oXtWsAAANVW.jpg