By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Fantasy Summer Business!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Agreed mate. A brilliant player imo and as you say quite unique with regards to what he brings. I suppose I'm thinking more about how the gaffer evolves this team over the coming years and who the first casualty might be so to speak. Such a tough question to answer tbh
It's right to think the older ones will be the first shipped out to be fair it's not like Levy to keep old players on higher salaries kicking around losing value as the months go by either. I'm sure we'll have at least another season before we consider his use to us.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
It's right to think the older ones will be the first shipped out to be fair it's not like Levy to keep old players on higher salaries kicking around losing value as the months go by either. I'm sure we'll have at least another season before we consider his use to us.
Yeh I think thats fair enough mate

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Especially with the bombshell that the stadium is now costing £800m and not £400m,get ready for some belt tightening.
Yeah, what's going on? Every time I read an article about the ground it has a different and bigger end cost. You see and hear that it's already paid for by the NFL, then it's not, then it's tighten the purse strings time. Does anyone actually know or is it all guesswork?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yeah, what's going on? Every time I read an article about the ground it has a different and bigger end cost. You see and hear that it's already paid for by the NFL, then it's not, then it's tighten the purse strings time. Does anyone actually know or is it all guesswork?
Have you ever done a house extension or similar? pain in the arse this is same deal really but bigger!!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Have you ever done a house extension or similar? pain in the arse this is same deal really but bigger!!
I've done plenty and one of the most important parts is having a financial plan and not blowing it out of the water. Surely either the 400 or 800 million figure was or is wrong. How can they be so far apart?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I've done plenty and one of the most important parts is having a financial plan and not blowing it out of the water. Surely either the 400 or 800 million figure was or is wrong. How can they be so far apart?
The £400m figure was the easily quoted one from the initial plan about 4 years ago........it's morphed through goodness knows how many changes since then, including slide in and out pitches, NFL sized changing rooms, etc. etc. etc. and changed architects/builders at least once. So the new £400m is £800m.....Levy & Lewis Limited will have a plan, fear not. It will involve revenues from many different streams and investment ultimately that may not come to complete fruition for 20 years, but they will still be able to seel the club in 3 years time when it's built and contracts, sponsorships, TV, naming rights, season, corporate and premium ticketing etc. are all secured, for a large profit.

Have a guess how much an Official single seat with hospitality included is this year for the Men's singles final at Wimbledon tennis championship? Scroll down..........

£4720.00 plus VAT. They will sell out - there's plenty of corporate money around.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
upload_2017-3-8_13-31-7.png

upload_2017-3-8_13-31-44.png

This is the state of play atm Premium ticket sales going well..........!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Crazy amounts of money for a padded seat!
ahh yes, but you get a free programme, a half time drink and some bowl food!!! there it's almost generous now??!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ahh yes, but you get a free programme, a half time drink and some bowl food!!! there it's almost generous now??!!
and....
and...
A USB charger,cos you`re probably filming the whole game instead of watching

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

I heard that there are sections of the stadium where you can eat food from someone else's bowel. No word on whether it cost more or less.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
The £400m figure was the easily quoted one from the initial plan about 4 years ago........it's morphed through goodness knows how many changes since then, including slide in and out pitches, NFL sized changing rooms, etc. etc. etc. and changed architects/builders at least once. So the new £400m is £800m.....Levy & Lewis Limited will have a plan, fear not. It will involve revenues from many different streams and investment ultimately that may not come to complete fruition for 20 years, but they will still be able to seel the club in 3 years time when it's built and contracts, sponsorships, TV, naming rights, season, corporate and premium ticketing etc. are all secured, for a large profit.

Have a guess how much an Official single seat with hospitality included is this year for the Men's singles final at Wimbledon tennis championship? Scroll down..........

£4720.00 plus VAT. They will sell out - there's plenty of corporate money around.
Ouch. New balls please.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Gone are the days where I would watch the window in the hope of a superstar Spurs signing. Now I'm only really interested in young, exciting prospects who'll be able to come in and fit our club, without getting in the way of our own products.

It would probably help if we did bring in someone who had some real big game experience tho, and I can see why we were interested in Isco because he has that experience whilst not really having the reputation or character that would have him treading on the toes of our current team. I think he's unlikely, but I can see how he would work in our squad.

I really like the look of Kaspar Dolberg at Ajax. That Ajax connection could help him settle in our team, particularly alongside Eriksen, and at just 18 he has a lot of experience in a big team that plays for titles and in Europe (granted, Ajax aren't what they used to be but we can see 1st hand the talent they can produce).

I noticed a few links with Lucas Alario at River but I would rather we were looking at his younger teammate Sebastian Driussi who appears to be a very exciting prospect. There is always a question about players coming direct from South America settling in but Lamela and Poch, not to mention Ossie, would hopefully help there.

If we keep our squad together then I reckon we're alright in CM or FB positions but we could maybe get another CB if we're not convinced about Wimmer. I'd quite like to see us go British in that respect, I really like the look of Ben Gibson at Boro or Michael Keane at Burnley but I suspect both will be in demand this summer. Maybe CCV will step up tho, and that would be great!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn't CCV just win an award?

For CBs we need something a bit special tho. We have 2 Rolls Royce defenders in there who need like for like players to sit beside them in order for it to work as well as it does. I'd like someone who can play football, then need to be able to play that quaterback role the Toby does so that we can press from deep with those pin point passes into space. I have no idea who the fuck that'd be. A Huddlestone/Ledders hybrid please

CCVs not come on as quick as I thought he would but Wimmer is a great option to have and Dier will always do a great job there too.

I'd go bags in for Rashford. Offer him CL football and a chance to be part of a title winning side. It be nice to be embroiled in a tapping up scandal where we got the player and not the other way round for a change and give those United pricks a taste of their own.

I think an out and out replacement for Arry is where we should focus. Rashford fits that bill perfectly. If we sign a midfielder it has to be that player who can do the leg work while also bringing a serious amount of ammo for the front 3.

Winks is who I would like that player to be but I dunno if he is at that level. Isco has the feet but does he have the heart or legs for Poch. I want a Modric/Kante hybrid please.

I think the wider pacey players could be something we look at too to change our shape. Especially being at Wembley where width and space is abundant the more traditional wide men may flourish. There's a few pacey players out there in the league we could go for but names are not my favourite. Clyne maybe? The lad who used to be at Norwich? Maybe use our current wingback higher up and their deputies as the fullbacks...

Anyways I'd like us to develop that other option for when teams like drawchester united turn up and Mourinhos anti football tactics kick in. Real old skool width may be the option.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Gone are the days where I would watch the window in the hope of a superstar Spurs signing. Now I'm only really interested in young, exciting prospects who'll be able to come in and fit our club, without getting in the way of our own products.

It would probably help if we did bring in someone who had some real big game experience tho, and I can see why we were interested in Isco because he has that experience whilst not really having the reputation or character that would have him treading on the toes of our current team. I think he's unlikely, but I can see how he would work in our squad.

I really like the look of Kaspar Dolberg at Ajax. That Ajax connection could help him settle in our team, particularly alongside Eriksen, and at just 18 he has a lot of experience in a big team that plays for titles and in Europe (granted, Ajax aren't what they used to be but we can see 1st hand the talent they can produce).

I noticed a few links with Lucas Alario at River but I would rather we were looking at his younger teammate Sebastian Driussi who appears to be a very exciting prospect. There is always a question about players coming direct from South America settling in but Lamela and Poch, not to mention Ossie, would hopefully help there.

If we keep our squad together then I reckon we're alright in CM or FB positions but we could maybe get another CB if we're not convinced about Wimmer. I'd quite like to see us go British in that respect, I really like the look of Ben Gibson at Boro or Michael Keane at Burnley but I suspect both will be in demand this summer. Maybe CCV will step up tho, and that would be great!
Sorry Bass but I'm going to have to disagree with you. These big name signings have a habit of not working out and to be honest if you reversed the scenario, any club signing one of our players would be signing a big name - so I think they are already here.

Now I get the 'experience' argument, or at least I did two years ago, but since then these guys have played in a Cup final at Wembley, experienced the Euro's and Champions League as well as a title challenge. That's a lot in 2 years but we're seeing them so much stronger for it now. And that includes the manager.

Nope I think we've got a fantastic group right here and now. No doubt we could possibly strengthen, but I don't know where or with whom if you discount Modric, Bale, Ronaldo and Messi.....I certainly wouldn't have paid £90m and £225k a week for Pogba would you?

I don't know much but I don't see many that we could buy that would fit and hit the ground running - Mbappe at Monaco, there's one buy him, he's 19 I think.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Personally, I think we should concentrate on keeping who we have, add a bit of competition for the back up places. The team is very well balanced and there is a genuine team spirit and it's more important to preserve that then risk screwing that up by signing costly signings that would probably struggle to get in the team anyway.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think its going to be tweaking the squad,adding strength to CBs with a wanyama priced quality player,they are out there,striker not so much.I`d take Defoe for a year in a heartbeat,yes its going backwards,but cups,cover,experience,scores goals,bring back nipper!!.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
@Don Diaz, that's pretty much what I said tho. I don't want any "big name" signings and, just as you say, I think it would disrupt what we have.

That said, I can understand the Isco link as he is a "big-ish" name without being too big and seems to have the right character to work in our set up. The good thing about him, as with VDV, is he would come here feeling he had something to prove still, whereas most "big" players, particularly signing for Spurs, believe they have nothing to prove and, if anything, our club has something to prove to them.

Other than Isco tho, every other name I mentioned is just potential. Amazing potential in terms of Dolberg, but he's no way a "big name", lol

When I talk about needing to add some "big game experience" it doesn't mean big names who could upset our squad, that's the last thing we want. I am looking at the Champions League tho. As great as we've been this season, we stank that competition out. In fact, we were useless in the Europa League even! Adding 1 or 2 who can help us in Europe is the only area I can really see our team improving.

Last edited:
C

corroded

Player in Training.
Dembele is quite a unique player to just replace and although winks is very different to him I've a feeling poch will have him playing in dlp position more consistently over the next 18 months.

Yeah, I see Winks as the logical replacement for Dembele. Modric did the same role, just in a different manner, more with passing than running. Dembele is pretty much the popular opposite, but both very difficult to displace on the ball. Feels like Winks is Modric/Dembele hybrid.

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah, I see Winks as the logical replacement for Dembele. Modric did the same role, just in a different manner, more with passing than running. Dembele is pretty much the popular opposite, but both very difficult to displace on the ball. Feels like Winks is Modric/Dembele hybrid.
he has quite a bit of carrick`s attributes as well,maybe cos of his physical stature,now if he can take corners too !!!

C

corroded

Player in Training.
he has quite a bit of carrick`s attributes as well,maybe cos of his physical stature,now if he can take corners too !!!

To be honest his free kick for that Dele goal a month or so was pretty well delivered.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To be honest his free kick for that Dele goal a month or so was pretty well delivered.
Its one his better than mousa attributes shooting and crossing,if mousa could score 10 a season he would be as complete as any midfielder.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yeah I see him as someone who is likely to score a handful more goals than Modric did and potentially become the set piece taker too.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah I see him as someone who is likely to score a handful more goals than Modric did and potentially become the set piece taker too.
It amazes me that I was gutted to see young Tommy C go..... and then Winks pops up in an identical mould and is even better.