By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Favourite music

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
One more classical music clip for a poxy cold Sunday morning. I might have been one of those long haired gentlemen in the audience at this one, probably, maybe, who the fuck knows, all that acid floating around and so cheap! I think I saw Hawkwind live about a million times, Stacia kept her kit on in this video, she has a special place in my memories, the first real life naked lady I ever saw!

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Well today down in A very cold Swansea , a mate went off and asked this guy for a photo.......yes I admit I had to ask who he was, but I’m sure a few of you will know this famous Spurs fan .......I’ll give you a clue, my mates on the left

Attachments

• 7346A2C9-F4C9-4E80-89BE-0504B3F90750.jpeg
    7346A2C9-F4C9-4E80-89BE-0504B3F90750.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 354
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Sorry this is a music thread isn't it? Yes it is and I like a good lyric. So stuff from Mr David Byrne of Talking Heads fame and Life during Wartime or those Pulp boys are my cup of rosy.

Oh and I like those clever people that can play musical instruments like guitars and saxophones and drums and things. So I like Mark Knofler and friends in The longish version of Sultans of Swing, that's got a lot going for it in my opinion.
I like a good chunk of lyrics as well mate, Mark Knopfler, nah, can't stand the bloke, sounds like George Formby on an electric uekelele to me, I saw Dire Straits 'live' about 30 years ago, one of the most boring, lifeless gigs I have eve been to. As I am in classical music mode this morning, here's another one from the immortal Alex Harvey:

They don't write 'em like this anymore:

I swear on the wet head of my first case of gonorrhoea
It is his ugly voice that I forever fear
Next
Next
A voice that stinks of whiskey
Of corpses and of mud
The voice of nations
The thick voice of blood

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well today down in A very cold Swansea , a mate went off and asked this guy for a photo.......yes I admit I had to ask who he was, but I’m sure a few of you will know this famous Spurs fan .......I’ll give you a clue, my mates on the left
Can he ask for premier inn discount code please mate... I'm up the smoke bank holiday weekend and need a hotel.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Its one of our famous fans....a DJ blokey Trevor Nelson or something like that.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
thats tony lones ;) with Norman Jay MBE !!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

And without Tony.....
DYg_3hKX0AMpAT6.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Its one of our famous fans....a DJ blokey Trevor Nelson or something like that.
A DJ? Didn't they all get nicked by Yewtree, I am surprised that in these modern times when nobody has discs a jockey is still needed to ride them.

A famous DJ you say, I could name more famous postmen than I could DJs - Bob, our local posty, nearly won the Posh Wedding competition in the Western Gazzete, Carol who sometimes delivers our post has sung at Open Mic night at the Crown in Sherborne, and that's a town not a village - famous or what?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
And without Tony.....
DYg_3hKX0AMpAT6.jpg
Why has the bloke on the right got a Leeds Utd scarf and a Spurs hat??

This ticket price thing could really snowball if all clubs fans got involved, you could be the Twitter Meister to make it happen. We might even have to stand with Gooners??

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Why has the bloke on the right got a Leeds Utd scarf and a Spurs hat??
This ticket price thing could really snowball if all clubs fans got involved, you could be the Twitter Meister to make it happen. We might even have to stand with Gooners??
Well the FLA started as a conglomeration of Football firms ,reacting to the terrorism inflicted on this country by a small number of predominantly Muslim Terrorists, But did mention the other atrocities too .
Yes so why not , if EVERY club fans did the same shirt on the same day it would be awesome, the clubs need to remember, without the fans, these players would be nothing . The Sky/BT fees paid to these players come in large amounts from fans, who then pay again to go to games , and yet it’s the players agents who are milking us for all they can get for themselves

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bar i gig in keeps having this on their playlist,never heard it before,not my usual thing but really like it.Was suprised how she looks,but unique voice.Love it.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Bar i gig in keeps having this on their playlist,never heard it before,not my usual thing but really like it.Was suprised how she looks,but unique voice.Love it.

I thought it was Leo Sayer at first!
Not sure I could do an album of that voice though, definitely a singles band.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
D'y all like the Blues? I like the Blues. I saw many of the old the old greats back when I used to be alive, John Lee Hooker, Bo Didley, Buddy Guy, Peter Green when he was only a bit mental, and the king, BB King.

This video is from the Albert Hall concert in 2011 that I missed, fuck! BB was 86 fucking years old when this was recorded!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
D'y all like the Blues? I like the Blues. I saw many of the old the old greats back when I used to be alive, John Lee Hooker, Bo Didley, Buddy Guy, Peter Green when he was only a bit mental, and the king, BB King.

This video is from the Albert Hall concert in 2011 that I missed, fuck! BB was 86 fucking years old when this was recorded!

I like the blues for about 10 mins and then it all starts sounding the same to me,bit like flamenco wow thats amazing 10 mins later yawn !!!As a guitar man i cant get my head around how nick roy harpers son plays this,fucking amazing.As for jazz its just an "i" away from being spelt right.

Here`s nick harper who i knew personally when i had a thing with his managers assistant few years back,top bird&top bloke.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Caught the back end of a fleetwood mac documentary,talk about a complicated group,reminded me how as a hormonal teen i only had to look at stevie on the cover of rumours to tent up,i dont care if she sings like a goat,no suprise the whole group had a go on her!!
345a8beaf462f5ea07eb927920e41f1e--stevie-nicks-albums-rumours-album.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I like the blues for about 10 mins and then it all starts sounding the same to me,bit like flamenco wow thats amazing 10 mins later yawn !!!As a guitar man i cant get my head around how nick roy harpers son plays this,fucking amazing.As for jazz its just an "i" away from being spelt right.

Here`s nick harper who i knew personally when i had a thing with his managers assistant few years back,top bird&top bloke.

Nice string twiddling! He did have a bit of an advantage in his dad being the incredible Roy Harper innit?

Yeah, jazz, I'd rather have needled poked in my eyes. But, when Joe Bonammas wasn't so famous, we got some really good, cheap tickets to see him play because the daft cunts had billed him as a jazz guitarist. Bonamassa is probably the best guitarist I have ever seen, he had a musical dad who encouraged him as well. My dad wasn't very musical, unless he was pissed up happy then he would murder Irish songs, but he did teach me how to kick the fuck out of someone before the fight started and to drink massive quantities of alcohol, so that was nice.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Caught the back end of a fleetwood mac documentary,talk about a complicated group,reminded me how as a hormonal teen i only had to look at stevie on the cover of rumours to tent up,i dont care if she sings like a goat,no suprise the whole group had a go on her!!
345a8beaf462f5ea07eb927920e41f1e--stevie-nicks-albums-rumours-album.jpg

The one that did the tenting for me was the lady in Slack Alice, I believe her name was Alice? I saw them loads of times back in the day, probably at the Greyhound in Croydon, I spent a lot of time there seeing greats like the Groundhogs, Stray, Pink Fairies, Dr. Feelgood, Status Quo, Mott The Hoople (they were pukka before they went glam),Alex Harvey etc. the memories are a bit hazy, someone was probably smoking LSD or injecting marijuana there and a bit accidentally got into me. Fucking brilliant place that was, I had a mate who lived in Croydon so I spent most of my time crashing at his mum's house, she was a very strange hippy lady who used to walk round with her thrupnies out - happy days!

Alice wasn't pretty but she raised those tents!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This week I are mostly be listening to the Black Coffee album by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa. I like every track on this one, unusual that, there's normally one or two I don't. With Joe Bonamma on guitar, the amazing Michael Rhodes on Bass and Beth Hart singing - you can't go wrong with this one.

Talking about amazing bass players - what about Carmine Rojas? He is a god of fat string plucking! Have a look at Joe Bonamassa Live At The Albert Hall. These two blokes are even better than Bill Wyman.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Stumbled across this,one of those I was there moments,I remember thinking later on during "fields of fire" I was going to die,OFC we were upfront,left side infront of Bruce who is a maniac.what a gig,what a band.RIP Stuart Adamson.
A proper cult band,every fan knew every song even this B side,great live especially in smaller theatres like this.Back before every cunt had a phone and would just stand there filming.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Stumbled across this,one of those I was there moments,I remember thinking later on during "fields of fire" I was going to die,OFC we were upfront,left side infront of Bruce who is a maniac.what a gig,what a band.RIP Stuart Adamson.
A proper cult band,every fan knew every song even this B side,great live especially in smaller theatres like this.Back before every cunt had a phone and would just stand there filming.

Saw them in Oxford in 1983.....proper band.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No punchline here,no set up for a joke,fucking hell if this doesnt have you in tears you aint human.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Anyone on here listened to the new Chase and Status album???

If you have, what you sayin?

I'm sayin it brings back crazy nostalgic memories of growing up on the block and is akin to the soundtrack to much of my early life...!!!

Love it.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Going to see them here in Melbourne in October.

Deacon Blue too, here in November.

Good, honest Scottish rock.