By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Favourite music

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I started this thread back in the greyskull days and it done ok so let's go fill your boots

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Found this beauty when watching The Blacklist

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I'll stop now or I could be here all day.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Recently I are mostly listening much times to this South African geezer:

His album 'Dear Silence Thieves' is well pucker, his geetar strumming sounds to me a bit like a cross between Stevie Ray Vaughan and Joe Bonamassa - ooooh nice!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I watched the Keef programme on the telly last night, what a load of bollox that was, a drunk old bloke rambling over some random old videos, but it reminded me of the some of the great tunes he wrote:

Oi Youtube geezer you waaaaanker! JFK was NOT assassinated in 1969, that was 1963 the Cuban missile crisis wasn't then either, that was in 1962, Malcom X was killed in 1965, The Doors album was release in 1967, I gave up checking the historical accuracy after that, tsk, tsks, tsk. One fact is that I was 13 in 1969 and I had just starting working down in the mines for 6 old pence a year and all the coal I could eat.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We used to have some right good tunes when I was alive:

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Proof that there are many, many cunts in the world, not that we needed any more proof - this yootoob video actually got 384 thumbs downs, cunts, stupid cunts. I can not believe that Jimi has been gone 45 years now, it still hurts.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've gone a bit nostalgic today and have been listening to Thin Lizzy's Johnny The Fox, there's some cracking tunes on there. I like Don't Believe A Word best, sometimes, but other times I like Johnny The Fox, then a bit later I like Massacre the best. Fickle cunt ain't I? Now I've gone back to Johnny the Fox.

Later I will mostly be listening to SAHB Stories by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, another 1976 recording, thank fuck I was alive in the 70's, the best decade for music ever, probably, some of it comes back to me occasionally and I remember bits and pieces. I vaguely remember seeing Hawkwind hundreds of times, Stacia was the first real life naked lady I ever saw, I remember that, but I also remember hundreds of alien type frog creatures on the stage with Hawkwindd and after leaving the Edmonton Sundown - remember that anybody? - the tube doors all shrunk down to tiny, tiny, gaps that were really hard to crawl through, I just looked that up and it was probably 1974.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Continuing your 1970s musical education, heres; some tunes from SAHB Stories by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Sirocco, Boston Tea Party and The Sultan's Choice. One of the times I saw the incredible megastar Alex Harvey was at Charlton Athletic's ground, they were supporting the Who, I remember Alex, but not the Who, I think the pills had kicked in by then!

Ooooh another memory has popped into my brain, me and a load of mates drove down to Dorset for a weekend (even then as a London boy I loved God's county) and when we were stuck in traffic, for house and fucking hours ike you always were back in those days we didn't have luxuries like the M25 back in the olden days, we were all singing along to 'Gang Bang' by The Sensational Alex Harvy Band at the tops of our voices then noticed a car load of nuns next to us - embarrassing!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
My favourite Alex Harvey tune! This was a cover of a country tune, and just like Jimi when he covered Bob Dylan tunes it is a million percent better than the original. The quality of this is well pony, but the youngsters here will get to see the sensational Alex Harvey! I can't believe he has been gone 35 years!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Its the time of year I search for a couple of new songs for this year,I have plumped for this one,yeah they all want beatles but fuck em,this one will really please em when they moan "play something happy FFS",its either that or i break out some nirvana.rape me never fails!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Its the time of year I search for a couple of new songs for this year,I have plumped for this one,yeah they all want beatles but fuck em,this one will really please em when they moan "play something happy FFS",its either that or i break out some nirvana.rape me never fails!
Good tune mate, I'd give them an hour of fucking Nick Cave covers if the cunts asked for happy stuff. Then I would be happy because they would be miserable, or I would sing, that would really upset them. I remember once we did a whole set with just one tune, 'Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun' with lots of improvisation, we were all so fucking wasted and thought it was the most excellent musical performance ever done until one of the roadies played back the tape the had made, fuck, it was awful! At least you haven't sold you soul for money like I did back in the 80's, no Birdy Song for you eh?