By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Films and TV series

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Luther is excellent

Rattled through it pretty fast. I see season 5 is starting to show now so I'll look forward to that. I don't do that weekly watching nonsense though lol.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Started 24 there. Feels very dated though. More dated than I thought it would.

Your man's voice annoys me though because it's so distinctive and it always reminds me of that film phone booth.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Started 24 there. Feels very dated though. More dated than I thought it would.

Your man's voice annoys me though because it's so distinctive and it always reminds me of that film phone booth.
i found phonebooth good,but his voice didnt quite sit right,it was too studio,perfectly recorded or maybe cos I had seen so many 24 series it disturbed me.24 makes me laugh sometimes,i mean who has a phone that gets used all day and he never runs out of battery,"damn it" is pretty much the catchphrase.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just done first season of Ozark.... what an ending didn't see that coming.

Can't wait for season 5 Peaky to be done.

I reckon I'll have Ozark notched off by the end of next week, so I'll be back on the hunt for somthing else to rot my brain.

As a side note just finished reading the Tattooist of Auschwitz..... fucking great book. Harrowing considering the resurgence of than fat right in today's modern times.
go for Mr mercedes next mate loved it.

Reactions: Yid
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
i found phonebooth good,but his voice didnt quite sit right,it was too studio,perfectly recorded or maybe cos I had seen so many 24 series it disturbed me.24 makes me laugh sometimes,i mean who has a phone that gets used all day and he never runs out of battery,"damn it" is pretty much the catchphrase.

Yeah I liked phone booth as well. Was quite a clever film. I always thought they would do a second one even if it was a knock off.

You need a Huawei mate. My battery lasts about 3 days lol. But no I get what u mean silly things like that can ruin a program.. I'll stick with it for now but I have to say 3 episodes in I'm not exactly blown away.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah I liked phone booth as well. Was quite a clever film. I always thought they would do a second one even if it was a knock off.

You need a Huawei mate. My battery lasts about 3 days lol. But no I get what u mean silly things like that can ruin a program.. I'll stick with it for now but I have to say 3 episodes in I'm not exactly blown away.
It is good tbh,looks certain to be one thing and then plot turns on its arse,better than average,at the time groundbreaking.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
So not wishing to rush into things....having just finished Breaking Bad, which was brilliant, I’ve now watched ‘Snatch’. Also brilliant, Pulp Fiction-esque. Much cleverer than you give them credit for those pikey’s. Not the West Ham variety, the Irish fella’s. good fun, enjoyed it thanks for the tip. Homeland box set next ha ha ha

Go back and watch Breaking Bad again, it gets better. I've watched it 4 times and also because nothing will ever be as good again!

C

corroded

Player in Training.
If you liked that watch The Pacific

Just scanning back over this thread as I figured there might be some wisdom in here...

But I remember watching about four episodes of The Pacific and it was shit.

Did it get any better?

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Just scanning back over this thread as I figured there might be some wisdom in here...

But I remember watching about four episodes of The Pacific and it was shit.

Did it get any better?
Yeh after Guadalcanal it gets a bit more gritty. I really enjoyed it.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Better call Saul was shite...

First season wasn't all that but last season a lot of the BB back story is being explained. Gus Freng, Lab etc really good stuff or does everyone just hate the stuff I love? Maybe I'm a coinniseur? Yeh thats it. You lot can all fuck off cos I've got better taste, innit.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
First season wasn't all that but last season a lot of the BB back story is being explained. Gus Freng, Lab etc really good stuff or does everyone just hate the stuff I love? Maybe I'm a coinniseur? Yeh thats it. You lot can all fuck off cos I've got better taste, innit.
I didnt get past about 3 episodes before i fucked it off.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Luther is excellent
I thought this last series was over hyped and relied on graphic violence because the story wasn’t strong enough. He spent most of it on his phone saying he ‘ll be there....

Poor

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I've not seen series five actually. Tis a shame if it's gone downhill so much :(

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I thought it was great, different from Breaking bad, but really good. I thought the character development of Jimmy McGill was well done.
Couldn't get into it bruv, too slow after if finished BB....

Mr Mercedes is bookmarked and ready to go following Ozark.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Started Hannibal I’ve binged it I’m onto the early episodes of series three it’s quality so far but gory as fuck

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Started Hannibal I’ve binged it I’m onto the early episodes of series three it’s quality so far but gory as fuck
i liked it,missus hated it,especially the music.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Completely forgot about mindhunter,good series,based on the book on the FBI in the 70s when they started profiling mass murderers.Amazing that until the 2 guys started interviewing serial killers and looking into the why, the thinking back then was you were born that way and not created by circumstance/environment.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm loosin my life to gold rush....

Sooooooo tired.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just watched the remake of "a star is born",was ok,could have been fantastic.Gaga is good in it but probably focused too much on her instead of the story.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Just watched the remake of "a star is born",was ok,could have been fantastic.Gaga is good in it but probably focused too much on her instead of the story.
I am a fan of Lady Gaga - she's like Madonna with talent. Some of her tunes are very well written, some are pony. I like Artpop. I have put the movie on my list, not the famous list, that is for people I will one day do very bad things to, not that one, that is a bad list to be on and nobody ever leaves it, not like Santa's list where you get a fresh chance every year,, my movies to watch list

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am a fan of Lady Gaga - she's like Madonna with talent. Some of her tunes are very well written, some are pony. I like Artpop. I have put the movie on my list, not the famous list, that is for people I will one day do very bad things to, not that one, that is a bad list to be on and nobody ever leaves it, not like Santa's list where you get a fresh chance every year,, my movies to watch list
It was a shame because it started out so good and then fell back on showing too much of her singing,not acting and the story was kind of speeded up to accomodate that.Generally I like stuff about the music world and surviving what is an industry of complete leeches.The cash movie was good,the doors was the bollox,wish they would do a jimi movie.Documentarys/fly on the wall stuff not so much a fav of mine,they tend to be more peddled by the companies as promos.Strangely enough I havent seen the original a star is born or the streisland one,jazz singer is a classic,im looking forward to bohemian raspberry having seen queen numerous times.I`m not a big rap fan but 8 mile and straight outta compton were good.
As for mamma mia you can stick that and the sequel up yer jacksy,mostly cos part was filmed here and all the plebs coming to see where it was filmed."Oh we went to the church and inside it was nothing like it" well you thick cunts thats cos that bit was filmed in pinewood london,they only filmed the fucking scenery.Some people really do think its all real.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Loosing my life to Gold Rush...

It's typical American reality drama but I'm invested in their journey.

Mentioned to the Mrs about becoming a gold miner..... joking obviously.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Loosing my life to Gold Rush...

It's typical American reality drama but I'm invested in their journey.

Mentioned to the Mrs about becoming a gold miner..... joking obviously.
I’ll join ya I’ll be the fat cunt praying doesn’t seem to work but still I ain’t going the jungle