By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Formula 1 - 2017

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Right then I'll get it started shall I!

Anyone watch F1?

2017, wider tyres, big fins, insanely expensive to go to... discuss!

With preseason gearing up in Barcelona it's going to interesting to see if the best of the rest from last year have engineered themselves into a good position against Mercedes, no Ham/Ros fights this year so that will be a big miss as I enjoyed those two trying to act like team mates and friends. I have a sneaking suspicion Red Bull will be close as it's a 'aero' season this one and RB always seem to do well in this respect, Verstappen for champion? Maybe, it would be great to see him go head to head with Lewis in anything like a similar car.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Right then I'll get it started shall I!

Anyone watch F1?

2017, wider tyres, big fins, insanely expensive to go to... discuss!

With preseason gearing up in Barcelona it's going to interesting to see if the best of the rest from last year have engineered themselves into a good position against Mercedes, no Ham/Ros fights this year so that will be a big miss as I enjoyed those two trying to act like team mates and friends. I have a sneaking suspicion Red Bull will be close as it's a 'aero' season this one and RB always seem to do well in this respect, Verstappen for champion? Maybe, it would be great to see him go head to head with Lewis in anything like a similar car.
Yes I'll be taking a keen interest, we have some clients that are sponsors of Mercedes going to testing in Barcelona on Tuesday. Nice work if you can get it. Hope it's a good season, I think it will be and I also like Verstappen.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I going to miss Rosbergs toys not flying out of his car !

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Times and laps competed
Posted at12:16

1. Hamilton, Mercedes 1:20.983 (66 laps) Supersoft

2. Raikkönen, Ferrari 1:22.831 (47) Medium

3. Ocon, Force India 1:23.045 (27) Soft

4. Magnussen, Haas 1:23.200 (36) Soft

5. Verstappen, Red Bull 1:23.212 (31) Soft

6. Kvyat, Toro Rosso 1:25.012 (44) Medium

7. Stroll, Williams 1:26.040 (12) Medium

8. Vandoorne, McLaren 1:26.201 (29) Soft

9. Giovinazzi, Sauber 1:33.741 (5) Medium

10. Palmer, Renault no time (1)

Ferrari 2 seconds down BUT only on the Medium so that's very interesting indeed, hoping this all points to closer racing but can see Mercedes just turning up the wick and zooming off.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
......and there's so many other variables that are unknown.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
So at 6am tomorrow we see the first shots of the 2017 season fire in anger, on the face of it Mercedes look (again) to be a class above the rest but we will see, really looking forward to this season and hoping for some close racing.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So at 6am tomorrow we see the first shots of the 2017 season fire in anger, on the face of it Mercedes look (again) to be a class above the rest but we will see, really looking forward to this season and hoping for some close racing.
Don't think there was much bluffing today and Hamilton was 0.5 secs quicker.....everyone is already playing catch up.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Absolutely scaletrix for posh Cunts smh

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Get into Moto gp at least they fall off
Yeah I watched a lot of that a few years ago, especially when Stoner was the only bloke who could ride that Ducati and still is and Rossi vs Pedrosa vs Lorenzo before Marquez came along and destroyed all of them.

Prefer WSB and BSB now...and the road racing over yoour way and IOM, bit more real.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Don't think there was much bluffing today and Hamilton was 0.5 secs quicker.....everyone is already playing catch up.
Vettel seems to have caught up quite quickly!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No one likes to see that :D:D:D:D

_96964784_vettel.jpg

_96965199_untitledcollage.jpg

What a great race,surely they cant let silverstone go and continue with so many tracks that are a procession??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think you might end up with a London/Manchester/Birmingham Grand Prix, which would be spectacular and make the logistics for spectators, guests and everyone else involved, so massively easier than an old airfield in Northamptonshire. The streets and setting in London would make for a brilliant occasion, and are far more suitable than Monaco or Azerbaijan.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I think you might end up with a London/Manchester/Birmingham Grand Prix, which would be spectacular and make the logistics for spectators, guests and everyone else involved, so massively easier than an old airfield in Northamptonshire. The streets and setting in London would make for a brilliant occasion, and are far more suitable than Monaco or Azerbaijan.

Yeh I can't wait to hear everyone whinging when 'That London' get's another event over that global powerhouse Birmingham!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fucking hell how did grosjean survive that???incredible.
En_833qXEAAWQ2I

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fuck me.... walking away from that......
The video doesnt do it justice,he was in the car on fire for a lot longer than that shows,the new halo thingy,the seat belts,the fireproof suits without one he would be dead or a mess.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Watching it in real time I thought he was a gonna, sitting on a 100L of high octane fuel and it going off like that, crazy and then to have to sit there in half a car, wedged in the barrier (let's not forget he had half the car on 1 side of the barrier and half on the other) while trying to undo the various belts and neck rests etc... He's going to be having nightmares about that for a while.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Watching it in real time I thought he was a gonna, sitting on a 100L of high octane fuel and it going off like that, crazy and then to have to sit there in half a car, wedged in the barrier (let's not forget he had half the car on 1 side of the barrier and half on the other) while trying to undo the various belts and neck rests etc... He's going to be having nightmares about that for a while.
Same. The cockpit was caught half in the Armco. Incredible he has some burns and some minor injuries but a few years ago RIP Roman. Not sure the car should have split in half.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Fuuuucking hell...... he walks away from that...!

For one any other car at that speed into that barrier your dead..... and then add a petrol based fireball.

Fuck...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Same. The cockpit was caught half in the Armco. Incredible he has some burns and some minor injuries but a few years ago RIP Roman. Not sure the car should have split in half.
I watched it and Marie asked me what was wrong,I could hardly speak for a few minutes except fucking hell.I was amazed they all watched it for an hour before restarting.Amazing the lack of serious physical injury,the mental stuff I dunno?he hasnt got a drive for next year at present.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I watched it and Marie asked me what was wrong,I could hardly speak for a few minutes except fucking hell.I was amazed they all watched it for an hour before restarting.Amazing the lack of serious physical injury,the mental stuff I dunno?he hasnt got a drive for next year at present.
The unspoken bit about Grosjean, for obvious reasons, is that he can be a bit of a loose cannon and has been responsible for several dramatic accidents in the past, especially at the start. I remember Spa a few years ago in particular. He literally drove diagonally across the pack at the start yesterday, which was a bit reckless in itself. Pleased he came out of it though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hamilton has tested positive for Covid, a 'contact' from before the Bahrain GP has also tested positive.....he was negative on Sunday, positive Monday (twice)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I won't go on about this on a Spurs site but a young Brit called George Russell, aged 22 jumped into Lewis Hamilton's (Covid +) car last Friday to practice and race in the Sakhir GP (Bahrain). He qualified second, 2/100th's of a second behind his team mate Bottas who's been driving the car for 3 years.

On Sunday he was leading the race from the start having overtaken Bottas in pole position and would likely have won had Mercedes not fucked up his pit stop and he got a puncture. Incredible performance and a future World Champion I hope.

Bottas be embarrassed mate, really embarrassed.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Expect we will see Lewis given the heave ho by Merc as he is no bout on crazy wages and this lad brought in on peanuts...

Grew up in Wisbech so having a few extra fingers and toes may have been the difference...

Good luck to the kid, I'd imagine you don't get to be understudy to the most successful racing driver in history without being fucjing talented...

If they stick him in a competitive car he'll probably do a job for them.