By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Fulham (A) - PL 23rd January

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Royal having a decent game. Amazing what happens when you are not being booed at by the home fans

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I switched off at half time... what did I miss...?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Caught up with @Style And Glory again for this one, at a different bar in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver today. 12:15pm kickoff so more than manageable.

Sort of watched, but was pretty bored with the whole thing so ended up solving some of the world’s problems and discussing our taste in music whilst keeping one eye on the screen.

Apparently we won 1-0 but nothing I saw was even remotely interesting…except Kane equaling Greavsie’s record with a quality strike. It looked like we stole 3 points though, is that a fair assumption?

BTW, Vancouver is brilliant. Go there. And spend some time in Kitsilano (or Kits as the locals call it). It’s an awesome spot.

Last edited:
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Caught up with @Style And Glory again for this one, at a different bar in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver today. 12:15pm kickoff so more than manageable.

Sort of watched, but was pretty bored with the whole thing so ended up solving some of the world’s problems and discussing our taste in music whilst keeping one eye on the screen.

Apparently we won 1-0 but nothing I saw was even remotely interesting…except Kane equaling Greavsie’s record with a quality strike. It looked like we stole 3 points though, is that a fair assumption?

BTW, Vsncouver is brilliant. Go there. And spend some time in Kitsilano (or Kits as the locals call it). It’s an awesome spot.
Quite frankly Crytpy, I was so immersed in our conversation, I can't recall much at all that happened in the 2nd half. I know we won but our convo was far more interesting than what was on display on the screen. We delved into a variety of topics & even when it came to politics, the Spurs game seemed inconsequential. Says a lot about Spurs state of being b/c it truly seems that "heaven's far away" for us as Spurs fans.

As much as I want the best for Spurs after the multiple decades of support I've invested, the flame is waning. It's just embers now. If I had watched it alone, it would have amounted to 2.5 hours of precious life that I would never get back. There's little to get excited about or even to anticipate. But there's that "kid called Hope" that keeps tugging at you.

It was great spending time with Crypty. Over the course of these past couple of matches he's become a "valuable friend" :cool:. If you get a chance to meet up with him, do so. He's an amicable guy. Nothing like his ominous forum name might imply.

Anyone else interested in this part of the world, I welcome you. Even you @Dorset but bring Mrs D so you behave. ;)

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
This thread is more interesting than the game by a country mile. As usual for a weekday game I can home early from work to watch, and as usual I enjoyed a nap from about the 15th minute. This time Harry very rudely awakened me with the goal.

Honestly I wouldn’t put it past this gaggle of pricks to somehow weasel our way back into 4th place (though it’s very very unlikely.) But fuck me we are hard to watch.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I drifted away from it in the second half and looks like I didn't miss much. Glad we won but then it's City up again on Sunday week in the league so it'll all seem a bit pointless again I suppose.

I'm sure we'll have our raft of new signings available to start though .. *cough*

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
This is pretty much where I am, bar the style of play at the moment, is it that bad?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Gary Neville talks a lot of reasoned sense, whether you agree with his opinion or net. Two things struck me - 'It doesn't have to be a bad season for Spurs, it's a question of mentality'. On Conte and Levy - 'they should sort themselves out, £190million on players in the last two windows IS being backed'.

Personally I agree with the first point, but not the second - because it's almost a carbon copy of the magnificent 7 bought with the Bale money, when only 1 - Eriksen was real quality. £190m on 6 average players is fine but we actually need say 3 players at £70m each of world class quality - like Casemeiro at United. In our case a Centre back, a left back, a central midfielder and a 10 maybe.

Remember when we had a great defence with Toby and Jan not long ago, Dier and Davies were subs. Now they're first choice, that's what Conte is working with.

Regarding the game couple of things - Massive win, really important in the context of the last 10 days, absolutely fantastic away support. We looked terrible for the first 30mins, aimless, no plan, no confidence and couldn't pass to each other, then grew into the game. I fail to understand why Lloris and the defence play to our weakness of fucking around at the back - makes me so mad. Fulham continually nicked the ball and put us under pressure.

Not too many great performances but have to say Royal had a good game and so did our current 'one man team' (for it was never more apparent than now) Kane. Bentancur and Kulu got better, so did Dier, Davies and Romero a little bit. Hojbjerg did not.

Preston on Saturday tea time. Good luck lads.