By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Fulham (FA Cup rnd 5) A 2.00pm Sun. 19th Feb

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I hope I haven't jinxed this but we need a thread for the game. So feel free to jazz it up a bit, I'm on a poxy mobile phone....letting the site down soz!

We have a reasonable record at this lovely old ground and famous old club. Hope it's a good game and we win by the odd goal in 5....that would do me. Good luck lads.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Off to bed, but noticed nobody has even posted and we kick off in a few hours.

Simple really. Just win. Don't care how, or by how much....just feckin win.

COYS!

boo

boo

Founding Member
Fulham have a fully-fit squad for Sunday's FA Cup tie, with Tomas Kalas available after a hip problem.

Former Tottenham youngster Ryan Fredericks is the only absentee as he must complete a three-match ban.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino believes Jan Vertonghen could be fit enough to return after missing six games with ankle ligament damage.

Harry Kane suffered a minor knee injury in Thursday's defeat at Gent and is unlikely to be involved.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Mauricio Pochettino is eager to bring a swift end to Tottenham Hotspur’s “bad period” when they travel to second-tier side Fulham in the FA Cup on Sunday as the Argentine rejected the notion his side are in the midst of a crisis.

Tottenham followed up a poor performance in Saturday’s Premier League defeat at Liverpool with a blunt display in Thursday’s 1-0 Europa League round-of-32 first-leg loss at Belgian side Gent.

“That is the reality. It sometimes happens. Good and bad things happen. We’ve started now a bad period. I hope, on Sunday, we break that negative run,” Pochettino told British media. “It’s not about confidence… We were wrong with our judgement if we think, because of Liverpool, it’s only about confidence.”

Tottenham’s woes were further compounded on Thursday when attacking spearhead Harry Kane sustained a knock to his knee that will likely force him to miss the match at Craven Cottage. Pochettino suggested he would rotate his squad for the fifth-round tie against Fulham.

“I think we need to assess some players. Harry Kane got a knock on his knee, different players too. We need to refresh the team and we’ll do that,” the Argentine manager added. “We’ll see, but we’ll put out a team with aims to win and be ready again to compete.”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Off to bed, but noticed nobody has even posted and we kick off in a few hours.

Simple really. Just win. Don't care how, or by how much....just feckin win.

COYS!
we are trying very hard not to create any jinx!!:)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If anyone on here is going and fancies a pint or 5 before the game 8 Bells pub just outside Putney Bridge station is the place to be....see you there!! COYS

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If anyone on here is going and fancies a pint or 5 before the game 8 Bells pub just outside Putney Bridge station is the place to be....see you there!! COYS
Caaaaannnnt!!!! I fancy 5, but I will be having ONE at home on the sofa! Farking gallstones now, so drinking is even more restricted! Farking bollocks - actually they're still functioning, I think, I hope!

Have a great day, it's the FA Cup so you will whatever, a nice win would be good but a proper cup game, that's priceless!!

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
This will be tough, especially as Poch has hinted on rotating so I won't be disappointed with a draw.

I want to win the FA cup.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am going to go full retard and say Janssen starts and scores today.It is written.

starry starry night,
no more vincent playing shite

Come on you spurs!!!

boo

boo

Founding Member
Vorm

Walker Dier Alderweireld Wimmer Davies

Wanyama Winks

Son Janssen Alli

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 3m3 minutes ago

Vorm, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Eriksen, Son, Dele, Kane (C)

Subs: Lopez, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Dembele, Onomah, Sissoko, Janssen

C5B49_kWcAIj7WM.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am going to go full retard and say Janssen starts and scores today.It is written.

starry starry night,
no more vincent playing shite

Come on you spurs!!!
yup full retard Kane starts,vinny on the bench

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
New song??

Wengers got smarties

All the kids are terrified

La la la la la la

Ha ha brilliant (unless you're a kid that likes smarties)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
New song??

Wengers got smarties

All the kids are terrified

La la la la la la

Ha ha brilliant (unless you're a kid that likes smarties)
Been going a few weeks now,heard the kyle walker one yet?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino, speaking to BBC Sport: "It is never sure to be go through to the next round. You have to respect the opponent. The Wycombe game was very stressful and it was difficult to go through but we are here now and we have a big chance to go through to the quarter-finals.

"It is difficult to explain when you rest players because you have a lot of games ahead but I think today the players on the pitch play because we think they are fresh and can play. In football anything can happen but we chose this XI because we believe there is no risk for anybody."
"After two defeats in a row it is important for us to change the feeling and try to win.

"Fulham are a very good team and try to play good football and have good players but it is up to us to change the feeling and try to win ahead of an important game on Thursday [against Gent in the Europa League]."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bloody blimey, Fulham are pony, it's half-time and we have scored ONE! How the fuck have we only scored ONE? We nearly got buggered up the backdoor faffing about passing back to Vorm, how the fuck can our goalkeeper be forced to make a save there, would he get credited with the assist? This isn't a classic cup game, Fulham haven't turned up, but that voodoo curse seems to be in place stopping us getting the fucking loads we should have done. It will be OK though, we will keep up the pressure and score 2 or 3 in the second half.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Very well done. Eriksen failed to get a couple good chances on goal but was overall brilliant, same for Dele. Beginning to get seriously annoyed with the dicking around in possession in the back. Yes we begin some very good moves that way from time to time, but we don't seem to have a sense of when to do it and when not to. So good to see Jan out there again, and Winks is basically like having Mousa jr. in the middle.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
We were excellent today and I believe poch when he says he put a rocket up them after gent.i feel were turning a corner and heading into the final stretch are poised to do great things

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Been going a few weeks now,heard the kyle walker one yet?
Yes, like that too.

Just on the way back now, great fun, beers prior, good game,on it from the off, excellent noisy support, pretty much took over the whole Putney End, Kane hat trick and some good individual performances.

Just what the doctor ordered basically. Same again Thursday and weekend please. Thanks in advance!!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Not withstanding the quality of the opposition I thought that was an extremely professional performance. Trippier and Winks were excellent, Vertonghen was a welcome return and generally good all over the pitch. Never really looked in any trouble from start to finish tbh. Great draw for the quarter final, glad we get one last cup game at the lane. COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Oh Scottie Parker got a great reception and a name check as well which was a nice touch. By that stage we wouldnt shut up....a chorus of 'being a yid' went on for about 10 mins mid way through the 2nd half

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Here's another new one....

We fuckin hate West Hammmm
We fuckin hate West Hammmmm
We fuckin hate West Ham
We fuckin hate West Ham
We fuckin hate West Ham

We fuckin hate Chelseee
We fuckin hate Chelseeeeee
We fuckin hate Chelsea
We fuckin hate Chelsea
We fuckin hate Chelsea

We fuckin hate Arsenaaal
We fuckin hate Arsenaaaaaal
We fuckin hate Arsenal
Etc. Etc. Repeat....you get the idea.

For the tune and the crack you tube 'Kings Arms' Fulham vs Spurs in a few days time...very funny, or at least it was 6 pints in...

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Here's another new one....

We fuckin hate West Hammmm
We fuckin hate West Hammmmm
We fuckin hate West Ham
We fuckin hate West Ham
We fuckin hate West Ham

We fuckin hate Chelseee
We fuckin hate Chelseeeeee
We fuckin hate Chelsea
We fuckin hate Chelsea
We fuckin hate Chelsea

We fuckin hate Arsenaaal
We fuckin hate Arsenaaaaaal
We fuckin hate Arsenal
Etc. Etc. Repeat....you get the idea.

For the tune and the crack you tube 'Kings Arms' Fulham vs Spurs in a few days time...very funny, or at least it was 6 pints in...
6 pints ?? You got work in the morning pal??:)

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Good to get a win and to see Eriksen and Winks really get on the ball and play out of tight spaces. A good morale boost but we'll need to step it up again against a team that doesn't play in a way that plays into our hands. Sissoko really baffles me as a player, don't think I've ever seen another player like him.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That game came just at the right time for us so we should thank Fulham for not really being arsed. It was really disappointing as far as cup games go, the game against Wycombe was 1000% better, because they played it like a real FA Cup tie. Of course the win for us was triffic and we saw some beautiful football and our players were reminded where the back of the net was. It must be tough for players to lift themselves when an iffy run of results is happening, it must be even harder when so-called fans are slagging their doodahs off every 5 minutes, so a good win is priceless. I think we might need to score 3 on Thursday, so getting a nice training game in like that and a big confidence booster was just the job.

I try and be positive about our team, but I did have a bit of a shouty period yesterday - this fucking passing backwards and forwards from the keeper is getting on my thrupnies. If Vorm hadn't made that admittedly easy save following the fucked up passing session in out own fucking penalty area when attackers, who have watched the video and know exactly how vulnerable we are when we are fucking around like wankers - the result might have been very different.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
this fucking passing backwards and forwards from the keeper is getting on my thrupnies. If Vorm hadn't made that admittedly easy save following the fucked up passing session in out own fucking penalty area when attackers, who have watched the video and know exactly how vulnerable we are when we are fucking around like wankers - the result might have been very different.

I and thousands of others I suspect feel exactly the same, but the thought has just struck me, whilst we've come close like yesterday on occasion, have we actually conceded a goal from all this messing around at the back? I can't remember one.