By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Halfway, what's your prediction for this year?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
So we're 5th in a tightish group behind City, who I think will win the title. I reckon we could finish second again but third is more likely. Guess it depends on progression in Champions League, FA Cup and injuries?

For me, after the recent sticky patch, where the players just looked tired, I'd be happy with some committed performances, on that basis we will finish top four, could win the FA Cup and do well in the Champions League. I'd like Toby and Victor back asap as well for some extra power and options.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
champions league final
Win FA cup
Finish above that whinging dickhead of a man mourinhos United.

Sorted!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think its wide open...

I think we could finish anywhere from 2nd to 8th... I'd be pleased with a top 4 finish as the season away from home maintaining the status quo in the CL would have been the ultimate priority.

I think 4th will be where it's at for us, but I'd like us to seriously give that CL a decent bash. We need silverware but its a fucking huge balancing act as committing to any one of those means it's gonna be a chore to do well in the others. FA cup final maybe.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
I'd be happy just bringing CL football to the new stadium to be honest. So I'll plump for 4th in the league - anything above as a bonus.

I'd love a trophy for the group of players we have - so FA cup would be fantastic. And a good showing in this years CL which, bar a drubbing from anyone left in it (which I don't see happening),we've already accomplished.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Not being quite so flippant as my above post!I predict top 4 the 2 remaining cups who knows?depends on draws,form,injuries but i would take 6th and the fa cup all day long.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
4th and FA Cup for me, beating Arsenal or Chelsea in the final. Happy with whatever happens now in CL, we've beaten Madrid and Dortmund earned a few quid and are fully respected in Europe. Still on an upward curve.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
4th and a good cl run looks on the cards but fa cup is harder to predict as based on who gets who and champs league draws can effect who you play in fa games.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Think we’ve had a decent first half of the season, put in some really sensational performances, as well as looking lethargic in a fair few other games. Things seem to be coming together now, back scoring and creating loads of chances and with Vic back, Dele getting his form back and Toby not far off a first team return, we look a force again. Top 4’s gonna be a real scrap, Utd look vulnerable right now, so if we can beat our nearest competitors at home and put in some better performances away against the big boys, then hopefully the table will take care of itself.

I’ve been pretty much all consumed over the last 5 years of wanting cl qualification at all costs, as I believed it was the only way we could keep our players as happy as possible, as well as attracting the talent needed to keep pace with the rest of the top 6

However, I just want a trophy, it’s about time this team won some silverware, so as far as i’m concerned, i’d take an fa cup win and a q/f cl place over a top 4 spot.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Think we’ve had a decent first half of the season, put in some really sensational performances, as well as looking lethargic in a fair few other games. Things seem to be coming together now, back scoring and creating loads of chances and with Vic back, Dele getting his form back and Toby not far off a first team return, we look a force again. Top 4’s gonna be a real scrap, Utd look vulnerable right now, so if we can beat our nearest competitors at home and put in some better performances away against the big boys, then hopefully the table will take care of itself.

I’ve been pretty much all consumed over the last 5 years of wanting cl qualification at all costs, as I believed it was the only way we could keep our players as happy as possible, as well as attracting the talent needed to keep pace with the rest of the top 6

However, I just want a trophy, it’s about time this team won some silverware, so as far as i’m concerned, i’d take an fa cup win and a q/f cl place over a top 4 spot.
I get your point and agree it's important to win something, however I also think it's important for next season, new Stadium, retaining and attracting top talent to be in the CL. The other reason being that we've proved this season that we're fast becoming one of the better teams in Europe. Hopefully in a few years time we will have a chance of winning it, got to be in it first.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I get your point and agree it's important to win something, however I also think it's important for next season, new Stadium, retaining and attracting top talent to be in the CL. The other reason being that we've proved this season that we're fast becoming one of the better teams in Europe. Hopefully in a few years time we will have a chance of winning it, got to be in it first.
we also have to try&win it this year,if we can beat Juve surely we have a chance?Madrid,dortmund,juve some scalps there!
Trophy or top 4,or both is the bare minimum of what we should be in the mix for.Lots can happen but surely by now if we dont expect we can at least think these things more than likely to occur.We should no longer be the spurs of old,not daring to dream because disappointment crushes us afterwards.A season isnt defined by one game,and an era isnt defined by one season,I mean even if we dont get any of the things we are talking about in here,nothing has really changed,we still have an excellent,team and manager.The hardest part if we dont get top 4 or a cup is reading the bollox from rivals and even our own fans.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

I totally agree mate, it seems every season it becomes more important to qualify for the cl and none more so than next season, with the points you make standing out and also the fact that I can’t stand the Europa League.

I just feel, a trophy is more tangible, it gives everybody associated with the club the confidence that we can win trophies, rather than just being the perennial bridesmaids. It puts to bed the whole, yes, Spurs play lovely football, have some great players but where’s the silverware to back it up.

I personally don’t think cl qualification is the be all and end all, I don’t see a mass exodus if we miss out on one season of cl football. Also it’s not like we’re capable of bringing the best players in the world to the club anytime soon, due to the financial mismatch we’re experiencing compared to our nearest competitors. As long as the scouting’s good enough, there are some really good players out there that could potentially improve our team, definitely squad, without having to spend 100’s of millions of pounds. In essence, I think not being in the cl wouldn’t necessarily have the negative impact we think it would do. Of course, missing out on cl football, in our first season at our new home would be a bit of a crushing blow but that blow would be softened by a our first trophy since 2008, putting to bed all sorts of negative headlines and questions surrounding the club and the players ability to win trophies and we’d go into the new season with the confidence that we can win trophies.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
First is clearly done and dusted but the other spots are up for grabs imo. Think we'll get 3rd or 4th. I'd take 4th and the FA Cup in a heartbeat.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
We're really handily placed imo.
With Wanyama and Lamela back in the fold and Toby not too far off we should make a push for a trophy. So..........
3rd in the league
FA Cup winners
We beat Juve in the CL and who knows after that

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
First is clearly done and dusted but the other spots are up for grabs imo. Think we'll get 3rd or 4th. I'd take 4th and the FA Cup in a heartbeat.
I agree, but I think second might be in play as well for us. Not saying we’ll get it but I think were pretty equal with Chelsea and Liverpool, maybe better than the dippers

Last edited:
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We will probably stagger to 5th this season. Just the way it seems to be going. In the FA Cup I think City is on a mission, so I see us losing in the final. No shame in that. We'll probably have to settle for a win in that tin pot cup that is Europe. While it will be nice to win some silverware, with our luck we'll have to play Arsenal the following August in the cup winner's cup, missing out on a chance to play a big club like Sevilla or Napoli. Sad.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We will probably stagger to 5th this season. Just the way it seems to be going. In the FA Cup I think City is on a mission, so I see us losing in the final. No shame in that. We'll probably have to settle for a win in that tin pot cup that is Europe. While it will be nice to win some silverware, with our luck we'll have to play Arsenal the following August in the cup winner's cup, missing out on a chance to play a big club like Sevilla or Napoli. Sad.
Cheer up mate!!

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I'd like to think we're good for catching into the top four, I think Wanyama out for such a long time was a huge miss for us.

I'd be happy with top four, being above Le Arse, having a decent run into the Champions League and as a cherry on top taking the FA Cup.

But that's asking quite a lot.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I'd like to think we're good for catching into the top four, I think Wanyama out for such a long time was a huge miss for us.

I'd be happy with top four, being above Le Arse, having a decent run into the Champions League and as a cherry on top taking the FA Cup.

Nah,notasking a lot mate, I think we have a good chance at the FA Cup and the Champions league. Why not? We dominated the so called group of death and with Toby, Wanyama and Lamela all coming back into the team we have a very good squad. I wonder if Levy will splash a bob or two this month? A couple of Sessegnons and a Barkley seem to be the media favourites, but they talk even more bollocks than me them medias, plus would a Barkley make that much difference this season? Unlikely.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
We're really handily placed imo.
With Wanyama and Lamela back in the fold and Toby not too far off we should make a push for a trophy. So..........
3rd in the league
FA Cup winners
We beat Juve in the CL and who knows after that

All games are important but Jan/Feb are massive months...Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool an Juve games

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

welcome back mate!I was just thinking top 4 ,cup,nah lets go old school
#1 finish above the scum
#2 finish above the nazi scum
If we do both of those thats top 4,and we still have 2 cups to faff about over !!

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
All games are important but Jan/Feb are massive months...Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool an Juve games
Yeh, big months. Read somewhere recently that we only have 2 away games vs the top ten in the run in. Don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Yeh, big months. Read somewhere recently that we only have 2 away games vs the top ten in the run in. Don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

Yeah i saw that, would say no cos its chavs and dippers.....we never win there

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Win the FA cup (MP put quite the strong side out in the last round, so hopefully he continues to do so),3rd in the league and maybe we beat Juve. Hard to call UCL though

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
I'm still sticking to my original decision of 3rd for the league. We're in the mix and got games ahead of us against everyone ahead of us and around us. I think we can do it.

Champions league, to be honest I didn't think we'd get out the group...and we did, so I'm chuffed as it is. Anything else is a bonus for me. I know we got just as much chance against everyone in there, but with the headache style games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U all in a row, chuck in Juventus and it becomes very complicated for Poch. I know what I would priorities, but I'm more interested in what he does.

FA Cup, would love us to go for it and I think we will. Let us just see who we draw and take it one round at a time.

Going into NWHL with CL football would be brilliant, going into the new stadium with the FA Cup as well would be tickle worthy.

Worse nightmare would be for Man City to walk off with all 4 trophies!!

If I'm I wanting a bit of icing on the cake, turning over some of the top 6 would be tasty.

C

CyprusSpurs

Player in Training.
I fancy 1st place in the PL cos i always believe things come in sets of 3. 3rd 2nd, and now 1st in the last 3 seasons, final in CL after playing Real 3 times (overall) the FA cup after 3 tries to win (3 tries would be full time then extra time and win (3rd try) on penalties) sounds good but lookon 3 whole seasons with MP, 3 golden boots for Harry Kane ! Mad but i believe!