By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Harry Kane

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EMx1EdgXUAIh1qR

135 Premier League goals for Tottenham
Right Foot (83)
Left Foot (31)
Headers (20)
Penalties (19)
Freekicks (2)

Last edited:
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Very impressive.

If I'm reading the stats correctly, we have only lost 9 times in 5+ seasons when Harry has scored in the game.
Even more surprising, only one of those losses came at home (Wembley) vs Wolves.

EMx1EdgXUAIh1qR

135 Premier League goals for Tottenham
Right Foot (83)
Left Foot (31)
Headers (20)
Penalties (19)
Freekicks (2)

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
We know he's a high caliber & prolific goal scorer.
These stats simply suggest that we need to get him the ball more often & the desired results will come.

What we lack is midfielders, whoever they may be, that have the ability to link up with him

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
These stats simply suggest that we need to get him the ball more often & the desired results will come.

What we lack is midfielders, whoever they may be, that have the ability to link up with him
After watching Brighton again mate that's true, but only part of the story.... we seem rudderless and slow limiting the options.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

I think with son,moura,dele we have the upfront combinations to play around and beyond him,but we miss something between the back 4 and the aforementioned.We need players who can break up play,stay in position and pass the/protect the ball,without just ending up AVB side to side keep ball with no threat.Doesnt sound so hard,but we have tried combinations of winks,dier,sissoko,very limited time with ndombele and it has all been the same.Conceeding goals,giving the ball away too often and not creating space or good link up to the forwards.I hope Skipp gets a look in,because I hope he has more desire,he is a nastier tackler and plays a decent straight up the pitch pass to feet,which everyone seems incapable of doing just now.Partially this is because we have continued to set up to be outnumbered in midfield and try to overwhelm further forward,mostly through what is either now described as "ping" or what used to be called a "hoof".

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I think with son,moura,dele we have the upfront combinations to play around and beyond him,but we miss something between the back 4 and the aforementioned.We need players who can break up play,stay in position and pass the/protect the ball,without just ending up AVB side to side keep ball with no threat.Doesnt sound so hard,but we have tried combinations of winks,dier,sissoko,very limited time with ndombele and it has all been the same.Conceeding goals,giving the ball away too often and not creating space or good link up to the forwards.I hope Skipp gets a look in,because I hope he has more desire,he is a nastier tackler and plays a decent straight up the pitch pass to feet,which everyone seems incapable of doing just now.Partially this is because we have continued to set up to be outnumbered in midfield and try to overwhelm further forward,mostly through what is either now described as "ping" or what used to be called a "hoof".

Yes.
I was referring to those CM's / DM's between the defense & the AM's.

I'm certain Jose will be addressing this in the next couple of transfer windows. The sooner the better..

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
We would be proper fucked if we didnt have harry! 136 goals in 197 spurs prem apps. But we are better without him

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

A leading orthopaedic surgeon has now suggested it could be SIX MONTHS before the 26-year-old is back in action after an op to repair a ruptured tendon.

Dr Chris Wilson, who has performed the same procedure 75 time, said: “I would expect it to be six months before he could return.

“There is a big range of opinion because it is such an uncommon procedure and some surgeons may say quicker.

“If the repair was good and sound, the first six weeks he will be nursing the repair and doing very little. Six to 12 weeks, providing everything was okay, he will be doing basic strengthening exercises.

“At three months you would start a normal hamstring rehabilitation that you would do if you got a tear in the middle of the muscle.

“If I was talking to a top-level footballer I would want to manage their expectations. I wouldn't anticipate them being fit and playing normally in a game for six months following the surgery.

"If it was me, I would say aim for getting fit for pre-season training. I am aware in Harry Kane's case they have been saying April or May - I have to say I would be very surprised.”

Kane, who went under the knife on Saturday, has a history of defying medical opinion to return quickly from a string of ankle ligament injuries.

But Dr Wilson, who has worked with Cardiff and Swansea an operated on Olympic athletes, urged caution ahead of Euro 2020, which kicks off in June.

He said: “Coming back too early increases the risk of re-rupture. There is no getting around that.

"He may defy expectations. If it was me, I would say forget playing before six months. They may get him back in three or four months, who knows, but personally I would be very surprised.”

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Remember Torres following his knee injury, just before being sold to the Chavs for I think a premier league record....

Let me state I want Kane with us and fit.....

However..... if the is a tendon injury they rarely heal the way they were before. I'd be surprised if he was the same player....

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Yeah, Kane's injury is a huge one for an athlete. He would almost have to make a miracle recovery to be back by the end of the season at a capacity close to 100%. I guess that's what going to Qatar is for though...:rolleyes:

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
FFS, just put this great man on ice until next season.

What is the point in him coming back to help us in a fight for 8th?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Injured by about Christmas having played 61 games by that point? somehow need to manage him better including ankles and hamstrings. Will be interesting to see (not knowing whether we have the same PE teachers under Jose as Poch) how we fare with injuries this season after last.

I know that Lamela has already gone down with a burn from hair straighteners.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Injured by about Christmas having played 61 games by that point? somehow need to manage him better including ankles and hamstrings. Will be interesting to see (not knowing whether we have the same PE teachers under Jose as Poch) how we fare with injuries this season after last.

I know that Lamela has already gone down with a burn from hair straighteners.
Actually mate it was his patch test when he had his hair dyed last time... suffering big time

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I just have to say - Harry Kane is great innit? VAR and the abortion known as the new handball rule are cunts.